vehicles

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Zell

vehicles

Post by Zell »

i have seen this in massmouth2, but i dun got a clue on how to do it. =/

any help is appreciated
zell
Cyb

Post by Cyb »

well they aren't actual vehicles, it's just made to look like it with scrolling flats and scrolling wall textures. why don't you glance at the maps in an editor, it's not really an uber scripted effect or anything, you should be able to figure it out from the wad
Biff

Post by Biff »

He might mean the cars in map06 which are...I was gonna tell him...spawned as decorate items with thing_projectile running in an open, continuous script with random selection among spawn spots and random color translations. Makes my head hurt just to read those scripts. :)
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

Well the cars are projectiles... hint hint.
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

Biff wrote:He might mean the cars in map06 which are...I was gonna tell him...spawned as decorate items with thing_projectile running in an open, continuous script with random selection among spawn spots and random color translations. Makes my head hurt just to read those scripts. :)
They also have humans driving them if you look closely. =P

Oh, and Cyb, your van looks crappy with 47i. I doubt there's much you can do about the framerate showing the van actually "building" as it goes but thought I'd let you know if you haven't witnessed for yourself.
Cyb

Post by Cyb »

Nanami wrote:They also have humans driving them if you look closely. =P

Oh, and Cyb, your van looks crappy with 47i. I doubt there's much you can do about the framerate showing the van actually "building" as it goes but thought I'd let you know if you haven't witnessed for yourself.
actually I changed that, download it again, dialupper!! or just run this wad: http://cyb.vect.org:8080/misc/mm2patch.zip over it.

and yes I have seen the bus thing, but there's nothing I can do about it since it's already using instant floor movement, however Randy has fixed it, so you'll have to wait until 48.cab or 2.1 or whatever comes next :P
Zell

Post by Zell »

i meant the van =p not the decorate stuff.. =D

lol
well they aren't actual vehicles, it's just made to look like it with scrolling flats and scrolling wall textures. why don't you glance at the maps in an editor, it's not really an uber scripted effect or anything, you should be able to figure it out from the wad
thats one hell of a effect! i kept thinkin that it was an actor mover(im a moron=p)
Cyb

Post by Cyb »

oh okay, the van/bus is a bit more complicated than the hover truck or the train in maps 4 and 5. what the van is, is a bunch of instant move sectors and switching linedefs. I'm actually not even the creator of this effect (though I did rewrite the script since the original used more lineids than was necessary), you can see a demo wad of it right here: http://www.doomworld.com/xwe/movingbus.shtml
Zell

Post by Zell »

oop i forgot that it was called the hover truck =p i want to do something like the hover truck, but its not as complex. Here is what i want to move like the hover truck:
Zell

Post by Zell »

but, i dont see how scrolling textures would work here...
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

It might, as your walls are not all sky (so you can scroll them, unlike the sky)
Zell

Post by Zell »

ok i think i have an idea that might make it look good -
1. make a bunch of sectors inside the wall secotrs, then have them lower ever .5/1 second.
2. Change the floor to water
3. end the level =)

Return to “Editing (Archive)”