Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
User avatar
Xaser
 
 
Posts: 10771
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:15 pm

Re: Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

Post by Xaser »

It's all up on /idgames now:
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=17424

Couple of minor map fixes since the last version, so should be all final n' such.
User avatar
Ixnatifual
Posts: 2287
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:44 pm

Re: Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

Post by Ixnatifual »

Cool. Looking forward to playing this very soon :)
EmperorGrieferus
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 5:39 am

Re: Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

Post by EmperorGrieferus »

I know, this may sound stupid, but I found a major bug.
I'm playing with Smooth Doom, and on 8th level there's an exclamation point instead of pain elemental.
User avatar
Captain J
 
 
Posts: 16860
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am
Location: A Year old Pizza Box

Re: Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

Post by Captain J »

One heck of a bump, but which exact area didn't spawn PE? You provided no screenshots so i'm afraid i can't find the problem. Also i did play the map pack with Smooth Doom you've mentioned and they spawned just fine. Think i can assume the certain problems:

1. Be sure to load the game with proper launchers like ZDL.
2. Maybe load the map pack with D2TWID.deh?
3. Load the last map without Smooth Doom and see what happens.
4. If the problem is the version being different, try the one uploaded in /idgames. Xaser linked the URL so it might be easy to download.
EmperorGrieferus
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 5:39 am

Re: Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

Post by EmperorGrieferus »

Captain J wrote:One heck of a bump, but which exact area didn't spawn PE? You provided no screenshots so i'm afraid i can't find the problem. Also i did play the map pack with Smooth Doom you've mentioned and they spawned just fine. Think i can assume the certain problems:

1. Be sure to load the game with proper launchers like ZDL.
2. Maybe load the map pack with D2TWID.deh?
3. Load the last map without Smooth Doom and see what happens.
4. If the problem is the version being different, try the one uploaded in /idgames. Xaser linked the URL so it might be easy to download.
I loaded D2TWID without SD and elementals are working fine.
Here's the screenshot (It appears that elementals are gone on every map):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EmperorGrieferus
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 5:39 am

Re: Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

Post by EmperorGrieferus »

I installed the last version and added D2TWID.deh file, but they still don't appear.
User avatar
Captain J
 
 
Posts: 16860
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am
Location: A Year old Pizza Box

Re: Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

Post by Captain J »

Yeah, it seems Smooth Doom is causing the glitch. Are you using the oldest version? I did Redownload it, without touching any setting and it worked just fine.
EmperorGrieferus
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 5:39 am

Re: Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

Post by EmperorGrieferus »

Captain J wrote:Yeah, it seems Smooth Doom is causing the glitch. Are you using the oldest version? I did Redownload it, without touching any setting and it worked just fine.
WELL...
Yes, I do use the old version, that works on Decorate/ACS.
But when I firstly played D2TWID, elementals were working fine.
Maybe, it's because I heavily modified it since then, but then why everyone else is working? :/
User avatar
Captain J
 
 
Posts: 16860
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am
Location: A Year old Pizza Box

Re: Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

Post by Captain J »

EmperorGrieferus wrote:Yes, I do use the old version
Maybe, it's because I heavily modified it since then,
I think there are two answers why it's not working on your end. It's recommended to play Gameplay mod with stable, latest version unless there are no other ways or you're playing on phone maybe.
User avatar
Jimmy
 
 
Posts: 4717
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:49 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

Post by Jimmy »

If you're running a mod that's out of date AND that you have modified yourself...

... that ain't a problem with the maps.

:glare:
EmperorGrieferus
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 5:39 am

Re: Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

Post by EmperorGrieferus »

Jimmy wrote:If you're running a mod that's out of date AND that you have modified yourself...

... that ain't a problem with the maps.

:glare:
I know, I know. But still, why this happens only on this WAD, while everywhere else it's okay?
Gez
 
 
Posts: 17731
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:22 pm

Re: Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

Post by Gez »

Well, I don't think we'll be able to answer, since we don't have your custom-modified version of the mod and there's nothing special about the pain elementals on the map itself.

It's a bit like trying to explain birds. What are birds? We just don't know.
User avatar
Enjay
 
 
Posts: 26441
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

Post by Enjay »

Gez wrote:It's a bit like trying to explain birds. What are birds? We just don't know.
Do your research sheeple...
Spoiler:
:lol: /s
User avatar
Captain J
 
 
Posts: 16860
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am
Location: A Year old Pizza Box

Re: Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

Post by Captain J »

I'm most certain that other map packs would take the same effect although i don't have your modified version. I get the point of adjusting things inside the mod and to be satisfied since that's what i did until around in 2017, but i don't think it's gonna solve itself unless you download the stable new version without any custom modification, or better yet, try read the error message by opening the console and find out what's going on.
EmperorGrieferus
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 5:39 am

Re: Doom 2 The Way id Did: Released!

Post by EmperorGrieferus »

Captain J wrote:I'm most certain that other map packs would take the same effect although i don't have your modified version. I get the point of adjusting things inside the mod and to be satisfied since that's what i did until around in 2017, but i don't think it's gonna solve itself unless you download the stable new version without any custom modification, or better yet, try read the error message by opening the console and find out what's going on.
There are no error messages...
And here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_uczhj ... sp=sharing
Though, if you find something, I'd be more than glad to hear.

Return to “Levels”