A good cmd-line based w32 zipper? (freeware)

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

But does PowerArchiver have a command line interface?
Hirogen2 wrote:You? As for ZDoom, you're doing CABs not ZIPs.
Not everything I distribute is in a cabinet, but when I want to make those, I use cabarc, included with Developer Studio (using the -m lzx:21 option, otherwise it's no better than zip).
Fredrik

Post by Fredrik »

randy wrote:
But does PowerArchiver have a command line interface?
Apparently.
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

Decided to go with kzip. The original makefile was already set up to use this, though I've modified it so someone could specify their own zip utility(provided the cmd-line args are basically the same)
randomlag

Post by randomlag »

PowerArchiver can perform certain operations directly from the command line. If you prefer using a command line interface full time, you should try PowerArchiver Command Line (PACL), available from the PowerArchiver Web site. It is much better for command line usage, has more features and it is free for registered users of PowerArchiver.
Edit: I took the above comment from my install - however, it appears you don't have to register at all. Just downloaded and it worked... And the files retain case.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

RAR. http://www.rarlabs.com - Great commandline-based RAR program, also works with ZIPs if I remember correctly.
Zell

Post by Zell »

rar? winrar works with almost EVERY type of compression. And yes, it works very well with zips =)
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

I might propose (Win)ACE aside to (Win)RAR.
randomlag wrote:
PowerArchiver can perform certain operations directly from the command line. If you prefer using a command line interface full time, you should try PowerArchiver Command Line (PACL), available from the PowerArchiver Web site. It is much better for command line usage, has more features and it is free for registered users of PowerArchiver.
And the files retain case.
That is probably because PACL runs in DOS-32bit mode, which knows the Windows95+ syscalls and therefore can access the LFN (long filename... and case) part of the filesystem.

Return to “General”