The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
fare67t

Re: The Guncaster - 3.888b

Post by fare67t »

Hello!

For some reason, when loading this pk3 / mod, I don't have NEARLY the amount of weaponshop options as described on the first post / front page.

Also, both the GC_Addon and GC_WeaponShop files give me lots of errors and refuse to load.

This is from the Addon:
Spoiler:
For reference: I'm using the latest version of GZdoom rather then Zdoom.
Grey Rook

Post by Grey Rook »

So, I've been out of touch for a while. When was the last update? And could you recommend some WADs that go well with Guncaster? Preferably somewhere towards the slaughtery end of the scale, considering how the mod rolls. It really is a fine piece of work, PillowBlaster is really good at this.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

@fare67t
Load Guncaster, then addon, then weaponshop, and also the shop sells bugger-all now, you may want to toggle full shop unlock in the options. Failing that update GZDoom.

@Grey Rook
The last update is on the top of this thread? Also I don't have map recs beyond OBLIGE+ObAddon, and to maybe try adding the DoomRL monster pack since those should be compatible, more or less, optionally LegenDoom Lite.
fare67t

Post by fare67t »

@fakemai
how would I load them in a specific order?
krimson painkekk

Post by krimson painkekk »

This might be the necro issue though I still decided to report it.

The beam seems misalignment when the player casts Prism Laser while crouching; the beam doesn't come out from my paw, it comes out above my head instead :shock:
Attachments
Prism Laser Misalignment
Prism Laser Misalignment
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Im trying to run guncaster with the latest stable gzdoom, and when I reach the main menu its just a black screen.
ArchVain12
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by ArchVain12 »

Someone have lzdoom compatible version becuz its lagging in potato phone in gzdoom 4.7.1 dev ty for reply
Svarttjern
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Svarttjern »

SamVision wrote:Im trying to run guncaster with the latest stable gzdoom, and when I reach the main menu its just a black screen.

Just tried it with GZDoom 4.8.0, works flawlessly, maybe try redownloading the mod/port. It could be a corrupted file or a incompability in the Combo you're using.
fakemai

Post by fakemai »

The last version that supports it is the 3.666 ones, if you need a copy it's here. That said, there's only so much you can get out with an eye-candy mod like this and you'll probably want to be toning down GZDoom's settings at the expense of visuals as well. There's a few such options in GC (enable "toaster mode and turn off the other settings near it) but also turn off things like dynamic lights. Also avoid slaughtermaps.
ArchVain12
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by ArchVain12 »

fakemai wrote:The last version that supports it is the 3.666 ones, if you need a copy it's here. That said, there's only so much you can get out with an eye-candy mod like this and you'll probably want to be toning down GZDoom's settings at the expense of visuals as well. There's a few such options in GC (enable "toaster mode and turn off the other settings near it) but also turn off things like dynamic lights. Also avoid slaughtermaps.

Cool thanks its works
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

SamVision wrote:Im trying to run guncaster with the latest stable gzdoom, and when I reach the main menu its just a black screen.
You can solve this problem by simply pressing F1 to bring up the help screen. The help screen should come up, and when you close it using Esc, the title screen should be displaying properly. You will have to do this every time you start up Guncaster.
roundtree
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by roundtree »

This latest version of Guncaster works in both gzdoom and lzdoom. I always use gzdoom on my pc but mostly lzdoom on my phone so I can play for longer without too much heat buildup. Guncaster is just a lot of fun.
InfinityPilot

Post by InfinityPilot »

Is there any chance we might see a transcript of Cygnis' voice lines?

I'd really like to see all his lines of dialogue, but it's so hard to understand him in-game.
fakemai

Post by fakemai »

They're not that bad except for "The sad truth? I am more ridiculously armed than you." which did throw me for a while. Anyway some of this already exists in the mod, PK3 = ZIP archive.
- LANGUAGE.txt - Quit confirmation messages include some of Cyggie's taunts, occasionally a bit different but it should make some of them click.
- Possessed Shotgun quota.txt - Ironblast (partial listing, most of the trickier ones however)
- language.shop_nithor.txt - What it says. He's subtitled in the shop, since good luck hearing the ones for EXTREMESPHERE buying.
- language.shop_sabatha.txt - Alt shopkeeper.
Is there a particular one you want to know?
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

InfinityPilot wrote:Is there any chance we might see a transcript of Cygnis' voice lines?

I'd really like to see all his lines of dialogue, but it's so hard to understand him in-game.
Spoiler: taunts
There was way more planned, but Marty could only do so much cuz that voice!... Is not easy on your voice, lol, so we just stuck with the taunts. I was kinda afraid Cyg would become a little too talkative, thus annoying, too. But I keep those ideas stashed away.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”