DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dudejo

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Post by Dudejo »

During my latest playthroughs, I've been feeling like the basic battle rifle tends to overshadow other machine gun weapons, even of higher rarities.

It provides high accuracy, ROF and a quick reload speed, which makes it pretty damn good at clearing out zombies. Its lower base damage isn't even a downside, considering how most machine guns, even with 4 power mods, still can't kill zombies any faster. Besides, with the sheer amount of content, it's typically easier to use an alternate, more effective weapon type.
vfunky

Post by vfunky »

The monster pack breaks the shotgun shop on MAP01 of Zeppelin Armada, the bars of the cell containing the shotgun won't raise. Other monster mods work just fine though.

EDIT: it also breaks the other maps.
vfunky

Post by vfunky »

I cannot move my mouse with the PDA up anymore on GZDOOM 4.11

Anyone else having this problem?
Last edited by vfunky on Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

vfunky wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:33 am I cannot move my mouse with the PDA up anymore on GZDOOM 4.11

Do you still have the problem with a fresh INI and the latest version of DRLA?
devlman127

Post by devlman127 »

What's better, auto shotgun or auto double shotgun?
Is the (HP) Tommy Gun any good?
devlman127

Post by devlman127 »

Anyone have a cell alternative to the Laser Minigun for marine? I'm getting a bit tired of the laser weapons and I prefer plasma.
mamaluigisbagel
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

vfunky wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:33 am I cannot move my mouse with the PDA up anymore on GZDOOM 4.11

How low is your mouse sensitivity? I haven't checked myself recently, but I remember having a sensitivity below 1.0 would cause the mouse in the PDA to never move in my experience. It may have been fixed by now, but as I said, I haven't checked it myself in a while.
Last edited by mamaluigisbagel on Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
devlman127

Post by devlman127 »

What modpack should I use with the BFG Infinity? I'm kinda leaning towards none just for the tracers.

Go into your INI file and remove the entries under the [GlobalSettings.Unknown] header. These contain the old mouse settings and mess with the PDA.
Tulushuggua
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Tulushuggua »

I suppose that there should be a class that is a combination of the marine, scout, technician, renegade, and demolitionist. This class should be very overpowered with the passive abilites of the five classes and even starting with a chaingun, pistol, basic assembly, and modpack.
Exibius
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Exibius »

An old bug I have never seen anyone mention before and that I am leaving for posterity's sake is that you're still able to use scout's double jump ability while falling even when jumping is disabled via a flag or through MAPINFO.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”