DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Postby sebastianali » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:42 pm

i have a question...
i play in standard with the marine doom 2... all good but when I advance a lot in the game there does not seem to be a significant change in the objects. I can understand it with weapons because they have to be manufactured, etc ... but what about armor? I swear that the only thing I found in the game is the green, blue armor, commando and the bad joke of all. the jetpack. really, from level 13 I think, only the jetpack appeared, I even started the game again with the option to go back to level 1 when I beat the final boss but there were still jetpacks everywhere! one or two per level! Is it a glitch, the difficulty of the game, the class or something else? someone explain to me how the odds work in this game ...
User avatar
sebastianali
 
Joined: 12 Mar 2019
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 32-bit
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Postby wildweasel » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:56 pm

sebastianali wrote:i have a question...
i play in standard with the marine doom 2... all good but when I advance a lot in the game there does not seem to be a significant change in the objects. I can understand it with weapons because they have to be manufactured, etc ... but what about armor? I swear that the only thing I found in the game is the green, blue armor, commando and the bad joke of all. the jetpack. really, from level 13 I think, only the jetpack appeared, I even started the game again with the option to go back to level 1 when I beat the final boss but there were still jetpacks everywhere! one or two per level! Is it a glitch, the difficulty of the game, the class or something else? someone explain to me how the odds work in this game ...

If you're carrying any Anti-Gravity Boots, throw them away. There's a sort of intelligent system in place that gives more RNG weight to things that will complete set bonuses, and the Jetpack forms one with the anti-grav boots.
User avatar
wildweasel
「お前はもうトースト」[you are already toast.]
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Postby sebastianali » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:04 pm

wildweasel wrote:
sebastianali wrote:i have a question...
i play in standard with the marine doom 2... all good but when I advance a lot in the game there does not seem to be a significant change in the objects. I can understand it with weapons because they have to be manufactured, etc ... but what about armor? I swear that the only thing I found in the game is the green, blue armor, commando and the bad joke of all. the jetpack. really, from level 13 I think, only the jetpack appeared, I even started the game again with the option to go back to level 1 when I beat the final boss but there were still jetpacks everywhere! one or two per level! Is it a glitch, the difficulty of the game, the class or something else? someone explain to me how the odds work in this game ...

If you're carrying any Anti-Gravity Boots, throw them away. There's a sort of intelligent system in place that gives more RNG weight to things that will complete set bonuses, and the Jetpack forms one with the anti-grav boots.

im impressed, yes, i have the anti gravity boots! hahahahahaah thanks.
Is there no a option to get better objects depending on the map number (normal in the first maps and better in the last ones) regardless of what you have?
User avatar
sebastianali
 
Joined: 12 Mar 2019
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 32-bit
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Postby Funky Gnoll » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:40 pm

Marrub wrote:
Funky Gnoll wrote:The Mother-in-Law is powerful, but also extraordinarily dangerous. It's shockingly easy to kill yourself with.

Also it's a master assembly. Those are supposed to be good.

This is true, but it's not particularly difficult to make, only requiring two exotic mods and a rocket launcher. I am myself also wondering why it is infinite ammo, since it is ridiculously strong. I would've thought it'd take 10 rockets similar to the AMR/Gauss Rifle.


It is strong, yes, but its wide self-damage radius means you can't use it in a lot of situations where you really, really need to blow everything straight to hell. I'm assuming the no-ammo thing is a consolation prize for having a weapon that's just as likely to kill you as it is to kill your enemy.
Funky Gnoll
 
Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Location: Round Rock, TX

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Postby Bubuche » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:04 pm

(I didn't have an internet connexion yesterday. It's an exceptional situation).

About the cool gun, I meant : the combat shotgun. It's cool but hidden when you reload.

I found a bug, but I didn't investigate it yet : I had only 1 hp left and just finished cleaning the level. Then I removed my armor and take instead the "heal armor onyx modded" (the one with a cross, not the "survival" one). And ... it didn't heal me. At all.
I tried to activate/deactivate, even throw it on the ground and take it etc. Nothing worked.
I just stayed at 1hp and finished the level like this. In the next level I found a 10hp-medikit and just after I took it, my health started to increase again.

Does the medical armor need a "trigger" to start healing ?

Also, something else, not quite a bug, but fixable.
On the description of the watcher, it says that we cannot know if they are really dead or not. Which is cool.
But ... it also indicate the number of watchers already killed. I think that for this monster, this number should be a "???" permanently.

And about stories, I have my personal theory for a moment.
Spoiler:


But it's just my theory XD
Bubuche
 
Joined: 06 Jun 2016

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Postby lwks » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:07 pm

Funky Gnoll wrote:It is strong, yes, but its wide self-damage radius means you can't use it in a lot of situations where you really, really need to blow everything straight to hell. I'm assuming the no-ammo thing is a consolation prize for having a weapon that's just as likely to kill you as it is to kill your enemy.


So half of the time it's useless and the other half it's fucking broken? Doesn't sound good, the nature of the gun of massive AoE and damage is already a promise that it will kill either you or your oponent, it's like a wildcard. I think it needs to consume ammo because if not then it'll just overcompensate for the half of the times it's actually useful. If it consumed ammunition, like 5 Rockets for exemple, I'd be okay with it but as it is it just feels like cheating honestly.
User avatar
lwks
Polyglot in training...
 
Joined: 28 May 2015
Location: Fucking Brazil

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Postby comet1337 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:26 pm

the MIL has infinite ammo so you always have the option to go out in style
but seriously, it's not as broken as something like the voltgun paired with a nuclear backpack
and then there's the demolition ammo and nanomanufacture weapons

also the reactive shield system is garbo compared to the prototype assault shield

Marrub wrote:AMR/Gauss Rifle.


speaking of
what does gauss do that the AMR doesn't?
it needs an exotic plasmarifle + firestorm while the AMR just needs a chaingun variant + 2 sniper mods
the AMR is easier to use, easier to get, seems to do more damage, and fires faster

also
the plasma gun has a plasma infusion, but the laser rifle doesnt
something like a focus beam would be cool
User avatar
comet1337
 
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: elsewhere

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Postby Marrub » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:46 pm

comet1337 wrote:speaking of
what does gauss do that the AMR doesn't?
it needs an exotic plasmarifle + firestorm while the AMR just needs a chaingun variant + 2 sniper mods
the AMR is easier to use, easier to get, seems to do more damage, and fires faster

The AMR only penetrates 5 enemies (and not very well at that) where the Gauss Rifle will obliterate everything in line. Also, one exotic mod versus two exotic mods is invariably easier to find. It is essentially a matter of preference and what you can find.
User avatar
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr
 
 
 
Joined: 26 Feb 2013
Discord: Marrub#5455
Twitch ID: marrubdaskuleion
Github ID: marrub--

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Postby lwks » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:53 pm

Didn't see this Voltgun yet. As for the Backpack yeah, but it's just a backpack, it's only as good as the Plasma Weapons you have. Demolition Ammo does consume ammo. Nanomanufacture Weaponry are just normal guns with infinite ammo, it's not like they're good on themselves, at least not that I know of, or does it increase their damage or something?
User avatar
lwks
Polyglot in training...
 
Joined: 28 May 2015
Location: Fucking Brazil

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Postby Kaeoschassis » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:30 am

I've seen the opinion pop up, every now and then, that the Nanomanufacture/Nanoshrapnel weapons aren't worth it, and I've gotta say, I don't agree. People say "all it has is infinite ammo" like that's somehow underwhelming. With certain weapons, it's outright crazy. Go try a nanoshrapnel Super Shotgun. I'll wait. Or for that matter, a nanomanufacture Minigun. Yes, the individual shots are weak, but you can flatten anything that isn't a boss in seconds anyway, and it'll clear rooms so easily it's hilarious. Are the nano assemblies going to be your best answer on armageddon? Probably not. But it'll chew up anything less, and even once you get to that level of difficulty, having at least *one* of them is super useful as a backup.
Kaeoschassis
 
Joined: 17 Dec 2014

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Postby comet1337 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:19 am

lwks wrote:Didn't see this Voltgun yet. As for the Backpack yeah, but it's just a backpack, it's only as good as the Plasma Weapons you have. Demolition Ammo does consume ammo. Nanomanufacture Weaponry are just normal guns with infinite ammo, it's not like they're good on themselves, at least not that I know of, or does it increase their damage or something?


bullets are cheap
and a bfg is still a bfg, which you can get from a supply crate at random
and technician gets a 50% damage increase to master assemblies
make a nano laser rifle for tech and put +attack in the console

didn't the MIL used to be made out of a missile launcher instead of a rocket launcher?

Marrub wrote: Also, one exotic mod versus two exotic mods is invariably easier to find. It is essentially a matter of preference and what you can find.

the gauss needs sniper+firestorm, but the AMR needs 2 snipers
i keep finding sniper mods, which makes the AMR the more common assembly
i've never actually gotten the gauss assembled legitimately no matter how hard i try
firestorm modpacks just elude me

and goddamn the shrapnel cannon
double bulk mod that bad boy and give to a renegade
shreds cyberdemons in like 6 shots
not to mention mancs and arachs
User avatar
comet1337
 
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: elsewhere

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Postby comet1337 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:40 am

seperate post for a bug report
renegade doesn't pickup shellboxes for the extra free shot when ammo is full
this means you can rapid fire infinitely if you shuffle ontop a shellbox

and the voltgun autoaims vertically even with autoaim off
User avatar
comet1337
 
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: elsewhere

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Postby KILLER2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:55 am

Kaeoschassis wrote:I've seen the opinion pop up, every now and then, that the Nanomanufacture/Nanoshrapnel weapons aren't worth it, and I've gotta say, I don't agree. People say "all it has is infinite ammo" like that's somehow underwhelming. With certain weapons, it's outright crazy. Go try a nanoshrapnel Super Shotgun. I'll wait. Or for that matter, a nanomanufacture Minigun. Yes, the individual shots are weak, but you can flatten anything that isn't a boss in seconds anyway, and it'll clear rooms so easily it's hilarious. Are the nano assemblies going to be your best answer on armageddon? Probably not. But it'll chew up anything less, and even once you get to that level of difficulty, having at least *one* of them is super useful as a backup.


Speak for yourself lmao. I had the option to nano any shotgun, went with the drum-based shotgun for the attack speed and the elusive *resistance penetration" the PDA made sound so useful. I only needed to use the gun for 20 seconds to realize it's pure crap. The damage value is so laughable it might as well be 0 for all I care (I was playing renegade, btw). No doubt nano-modded weapons can be really strong in the right circumstance, but regular shotguns just isn't it. A nano-modded Jackhammer, however. Now that, that is FUN! It's actually a better room cleaner than a BFG!
KILLER2
 
Joined: 09 Apr 2010

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Postby sebastianali » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:46 am

if the game gives you items based in what are you wear. the only way to obtain the best items in the game is with empty inventory? without wearing any armor? these odds make my sick. i playing for 10-20 hours and i cant obtain angel armor and bfg infinite or anything better than the really bad joke jetpack and commando armor or the same worst boots over and over and over again (steel boots, plasstel boots, etc...)
exists a map pack useful for this mod?
User avatar
sebastianali
 
Joined: 12 Mar 2019
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 32-bit
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Postby KILLER2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:54 am

If you find yourself getting bad items just run it with legendoom lite and crank up the legendary monsters counter higher than average. The legendary monsters give a ton of useful drops...if you can handle them that is hehehe. Lowering your expectations might also help. If you're gunning for the top most rare drops of course they're gonna be hard to find. The BFG Infinity in particular turns any run short of the toughest slaughterwads into an absulute cakewalk, so it's gonna be super duper rare to compensate.
Also it's not that your inventory must be empty. Just make sure not to carry anything that has "part of a set" written on it unless you need the other part of the set. Otherwise, drops are random, and your luck may vary. Good luck!
KILLER2
 
Joined: 09 Apr 2010

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: YukiHerz and 11 guests