Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): Update 4-10

Post by Captain J »

you gotta host your mod yourself, andrew. he doesn't welcome the alternate version of his wad.
GhostKillahZero wrote:Image
I finished these additional frames for the power suit enemy, If your still interested in replacing that plasma tank.
we do interested about replacing plasma tank into this enemy, if it has a plasma rifle, though.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

is there a way to make the mugshot not show the pain face when using invulnerability? it feels kind of silly watching the mask appear when you're holding down the fire button.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:is there a way to make the mugshot not show the pain face when using invulnerability? it feels kind of silly watching the mask appear when you're holding down the fire button.
As stated before...
Ed the Bat wrote:
Lippeth wrote:A minor little thing: The mask on the HUD disappears and jumps to the regular grimace when holding down fire in god mode.
The same thing happens in vanilla Doom with the Marine's glowing eyes. The rampage state on the HUD doesn't honor invulnerability.
There really isn't much that can be done.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by NeuralStunner »

You might be interested in this. From IRC discussions with Blzut, a state system along the lines of "God.Rampage" would probably work best. But mostly it's a case of whenever he "get around to it". :P
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

That would be beautiful. I'm pleasantly surprised about this, since Blzut was the one who expressed disinterest in fixing the rampage face bug I mentioned the other night.

Ah, and I thought of another minor issue that may warrant some attention. The crosshair doesn't exactly line up with where the player is shooting; this makes sighting with the rifle a bit problematic (especially over window ledges and the like). Would you consider adjusting the attackzoffset to match the player's viewheight, so the crosshair and the gun sights are more relevant?
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i noticed the Pinkies doesn't have any active sounds, like the mecha one does. perhaps give it the standard growling sound from Doom when moving around?
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Ok, it's been quite a while since I last updated this mod, let alone played it (and on B.P.R.D.'s Equinox, which is surprisingly fitting for this mod). Here are a few suggestions and constructive criticisms, since this appears to be about 40-45% complete:

Pain Elemental replacement: It still has the GLDef properties from the original monster (Tortured Soul). Also to make it more interesting, it could spew out "gas soul" projectiles, which would be the current Lost Soul incarnation, just as projectiles with +RIPPER.

Cacodemon replacement: Instead of just letting out a blue lightning ball out of its eye which is clearly green, perhaps it could spit out two to three lightning balls and have a railgun-like attack coming out of its eye.

Revenant/Archvile: I'm thinking the Vore should come back as the Revenant replacement, as I feel it's not quite as challenging as the original Arch-Vile, but tougher than the original Revenant, whereas the Arch-Vile could be the monster that SoloSpaghetti's working on:
TechPRO.gif
TechPRO.gif (21.97 KiB) Viewed 1208 times
Arachnotron: I'm definitely all for the idea of replacing the zombie tank with the power armor enemy. The zombie tank is tough, but it constantly spams plasma that does a lot of damage, even more so than the original Arachnotron. As for the power armor enemy, I know this may never happen, but the visor could either be colored blue or red, or just show glowing eyes within the visor.

Lost Soul: Ok, the original Lost Soul was annoying at times, but this is compounded here, as it can be very hard to see, especially in dark areas. GLDefs, brightmaps, or adding BRIGHT to its frames could remedy this. Also, I just found this little gem by Solmyr:
Spoiler:
Hell Nobles: Despite their different attack frames, they always spew out the same projectile. For the Hell Knight replacement, the "both hands" attack could consist of a homing missile that does twice the damage of a mini-rocket. The Baron replacement could have his "both hands" attack be a flamethrower attack that will only stop if the target is out of sight. Seeing how the Baron replacement doesn't have proper death frames yet, perhaps I could whip up something to accommodate that.

Spider Mastermind: On the "redesigned Cyberdemon request" thread that you made, I found a rather interesting sprite by Tomicapo:
Spoiler:
I would definitely would like to see a Mastermind on a tank, and what better place to see it than in this mod?
Note to Tomicapo: Instead of using Mike12's hell rifle as a base for the tank, use the tank base from Quake 2's tank boss. It'll use up a lot less time, as it would make no sense to make rotation frames based on a weapon's HUD display.

Cyberdemon: I really haven't got anything on this one, as it may look like Icytux's last work could be used as a base, but with a BFG mouth (not my suggestion, but possible plans discussed in the aforementioned "redesigned Cyberdemon" thread).

Something that I found quite jarring in this mod is that the Zombieman replacement is the only monster replacement to have alternate death frames. May I suggest this? I'm thinking for smaller enemies to have alternate death frames, whereas larger ones could simply have mirrored death frames, like with Mr. Chris's latest mini-mod.

Just my two cents. :)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

but too bad that spider mastermind's author; tomicapo have no ideas for make more futher updates on it, though.

also, i'd perfer this cybie's look from cyberdemon redesign thread what you were talking about, and last of all, we need more volunteering spriters and artists. that thread had no news at all.
GhostKillahZero

Post by GhostKillahZero »

Slow development for ATM I guess, It looks as though it may need more artists, but I can't qualify due to lack of skill besides being a spriter.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Hellstorm Archon wrote:Revenant/Archvile: I'm thinking the Vore should come back as the Revenant replacement, as I feel it's not quite as challenging as the original Arch-Vile, but tougher than the original Revenant, whereas the Arch-Vile could be the monster that SoloSpaghetti's working on:
TechPRO.gif
This would require both my and SoloSpaghetti's approval, considering it is the Tech-Vile. :wink:
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I don't want to move or delete the vore. I'm going to figure out a way to make it work.
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

Yholl wrote:This would require both my and SoloSpaghetti's approval, considering it is the Tech-Vile. :wink:
Well, considering I'm a big fan of both Weasel's and DoomNukem's work, if Yholl agree (since TechVile was born for DoomRL Monster Pack), I'm Ok with this use of my little child. :)
The real problem is that my free time is going to lack again.. So do not exepct it too soon... :/
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

2 months since last update? Dead?
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

LostSkull wrote:2 months since last update? Dead?
Busy with other things, more like. And I don't really like that you felt it necessary to bump the thread to ask that. Bad form.
GhostKillahZero

Post by GhostKillahZero »

LostSkull wrote:2 months since last update? Dead?
Maybe a PM would be a better form to know if there is an update, But yeah he is busy with college stuff so he will post an update when he needs to...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”