Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
User avatar
-Ghost-
Posts: 1772
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:58 pm

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem)

Post by -Ghost- »

DoomNukem wrote:
Ctrl+Alt+Destroy wrote:Well, that's odd... I don't remember DoomNukem making this many weapon sprites for his weapon expansion for Brutal Doom.
I did the rocket launcher and bfg specifically for this, the concept for the rocket launcher I sort of had the idea for a while.

yeah I noticed many will find the visor hud impossible to use in 4:3 without stretching so I have been working on this to remedy the situation:
Image

basically i just pushed the stats inside the 4:3 view simple stuff, ill just need a bit of help with the sbarinfo but it shouldn't be too much.
Any feed back would be much appreciated.
I'm happy to see the ammo counter, that was my only real complaint about your original HUD, the bars just weren't exact enough for me.
User avatar
Hellstorm Archon
Posts: 1176
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:37 pm
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Location: 404 Error- Location of User Not Found

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem)

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

I haven't had the time to check this out, but this is seriously one awesome looking mod, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but this mod looks like the Brutal Doom away from Brutal Doom, and I needed a break from it.

EDIT: Maybe you can upload a gameplay video of this, Weasel?
DoomNukem wrote: I did the rocket launcher and bfg specifically for this, the concept for the rocket launcher I sort of had the idea for a while.

yeah I noticed many will find the visor hud impossible to use in 4:3 without stretching so I have been working on this to remedy the situation:
Image

basically i just pushed the stats inside the 4:3 view simple stuff, ill just need a bit of help with the sbarinfo but it shouldn't be too much.
Any feed back would be much appreciated.
Please finish that, sir. I must have it. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Springy
Posts: 532
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:22 am
Location: Earth

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem)

Post by Springy »

Another weapon mod by Wild Weasel? Christmas has come early it seems. Nice to see DN's weapon sprites used in this they are absolutely fantastic!
User avatar
doomfiend
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:10 am
Location: some where

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem)

Post by doomfiend »

I can see that skull face thing there blocking the view a bit. it may be best to remove it all together sadly but other than that. Great job! best one I've seen to date
User avatar
Max Dickings
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:27 am

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem)

Post by Max Dickings »

DoomNukem wrote:
Ctrl+Alt+Destroy wrote:Well, that's odd... I don't remember DoomNukem making this many weapon sprites for his weapon expansion for Brutal Doom.
I did the rocket launcher and bfg specifically for this, the concept for the rocket launcher I sort of had the idea for a while.

yeah I noticed many will find the visor hud impossible to use in 4:3 without stretching so I have been working on this to remedy the situation:
Image

basically i just pushed the stats inside the 4:3 view simple stuff, ill just need a bit of help with the sbarinfo but it shouldn't be too much.
Any feed back would be much appreciated.

Feedback? Well you know, the skull is a little intrusive.

Otherwise gimmie gimmie :wub:


And make the objectives easier to remove? I like to be surprised at the ends of levels with massive hordes.
User avatar
Gifty
Posts: 615
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem)

Post by Gifty »

This is beautiful.
User avatar
jpalomo
Posts: 771
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 9:45 am

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem)

Post by jpalomo »

The trench shotgun feels a little clunky to use. When firing while zooming, the fire rate is significantly slower. There is also a slight bug where you can use alt-fire to cancel reloading without pumping the shotgun, requiring you to pump it the next time you go to fire instead. You can fix it like this:
Spoiler:
You will also need to allow zooming during the reloadwork state by modifying A_WeaponReady to keep consistency.
User avatar
DoomNukem
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:39 pm
Location: 2km south of Копачи Village - Pripyat, Chernobyl.

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem)

Post by DoomNukem »

Max Dickings wrote:
Feedback? Well you know, the skull is a little intrusive.

Otherwise gimmie gimmie :wub:


And make the objectives easier to remove? I like to be surprised at the ends of levels with massive hordes.
It might be a little while dont have any sort of ETA as Id like to make this visor hud mostly final, I was thinking about making a mech cockpit one in the near future just for funsies.

the skull was going to be transparent but i think ill remove it all together, the actual objectives were on seperate graphics but the objectives title and screen hologram-thingy were on the mask layer, ive opted to remove the hologram thingys so it will be as simple as removing the graphic related to stats
User avatar
Big C
Posts: 2839
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem)

Post by Big C »

I think I have a new favorite near-vanilla mod now.

Only complaint: There's no 'normal' way for a pump-shotty to spawn in Ultimate DooM in this mod.
User avatar
Mike12
Posts: 673
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 9:10 am

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem)

Post by Mike12 »

This is awesome! It's been a long time since I've seen a cool and compact add-on like this.
Also I really need to do the 4:3 and maybe a high-res version of my old hud; all this cool new stuff is makin' me feel pretty obsolete. :lol:
Last edited by Mike12 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
iSpook
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:23 am
Location: In the middle of Stephen King Territory

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem)

Post by iSpook »

Is it silly that I assumed that Weasel would name this guy, based on his past couple of Mods and their Lore, "John GuywithaShotgun"?
User avatar
wildweasel
Posts: 21706
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:33 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem)

Post by wildweasel »

Big C wrote:Only complaint: There's no 'normal' way for a pump-shotty to spawn in Ultimate DooM in this mod.
Because it is now the Super Shotgun replacement.
Doom'd Marine wrote:Is it silly that I assumed that Weasel would name this guy, based on his past couple of Mods and their Lore, "John GuywithaShotgun"?
He doesn't start with a shotgun, though. =P
jpalomo wrote:The trench shotgun feels a little clunky to use. When firing while zooming, the fire rate is significantly slower. There is also a slight bug where you can use alt-fire to cancel reloading without pumping the shotgun, requiring you to pump it the next time you go to fire instead.

You will also need to allow zooming during the reloadwork state by modifying A_WeaponReady to keep consistency.
I fixed it by instead setting the A_WeaponReady during reload to WRF_NOSECONDARY.
User avatar
chronoteeth
Posts: 2663
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:29 pm
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem)

Post by chronoteeth »

why not make a shotgunner have like a super rare chance to drop the pump shotgun? granted it wont do much change in terms of gameplay, but it does give the chance to gnab it in doom 1 and doom 1 wads and at the same time being balanced enough in most normal wads.
User avatar
wildweasel
Posts: 21706
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:33 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem)

Post by wildweasel »

I honestly don't see the point. If a wad wants to give you SSG power, they'll give you the damn SSG.
User avatar
Lippeth
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:41 am
Location: Lost Angeles

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem)

Post by Lippeth »

I personally like where this is going. Weapon selection order does initially throw off what we're used to, but if we're willing to realize that this is a mod, not vanilla Doom, then it's just pure awesome.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”