Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): Update 4-10

Post by Captain J »

instead of +FORCERADIUSDMG, hope you can add extra dmg lil' bit to projectile dmg or splash dmg. then it should helps for kill the stronger enemies.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Captain J wrote:instead of +FORCERADIUSDMG, hope you can add extra dmg lil' bit to projectile dmg or splash dmg. then it should helps for kill the stronger enemies.
Well, here's the thing: in the current release version, the only thing that damages the boss monsters is direct damage. If you miss with the BFG ball, the Cyberdemon and Mastermind will not be damaged at all by the blast. This is because they have +BOSS, which stops them from being damaged by rocket splash damage.

With +FORCERADIUSDMG, +BOSS is overridden, and the BFG blast deals damage to them. It still takes about six or seven direct BFG hits to kill either one, though.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Correction, it's because they have the NORADIUSDMG flag. BOSS does nothing in regards to radius damage.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Ed the Bat wrote:Correction, it's because they have the NORADIUSDMG flag. BOSS does nothing in regards to radius damage.
I thought +BOSS implied +NORADIUSDMG.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Nope. If it did, it would be redundant for those monsters to also have NORADIUSDMG.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

wildweasel wrote:I thought +BOSS implied +NORADIUSDMG.
I belive it did in Vanilla, and I think ZDoom split out the flag because BOSS was too effect-heavy.

Alternatively, you can give your bosses a RadiusDamageFactor. (Or DamageFactor them against the specific damage types for explosions.) Thus those weapons will still be useful against boss-types, but not too much so. Nothing annoys me like a bunch of enemies that you're basically forced to spend your heavy fire on.
User160971235

Post by User160971235 »

I've done a ton of playing since a couple of versions ago, and have compiled a bunch of ideas you can pick through or give feedback if you wish

Pistol:
Spoiler:
Revolver:
Spoiler:
Double Barrel:
Have you considered yet the demon-oneshot melee range pellets with less down-range damage compromise? ;)

Trench Gun:
Spoiler:
Rocket Launcher:
Spoiler:
Lost Soul:
Spoiler:
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Most of the above gun fixes have been added (except the trenchgun and rocket launcher). I messed with the drop rates on the pistols a bit, hopefully have the Sawed-Off's "melee" capability balanced well enough (will need some playtesting), and the Lost Souls now basically just behave like original Lost Souls. No more projectiles, damage and attack rate should be identical to the originals now. I also had to go fix the Rocket Launcher to never autoselect.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:i do wonder if you're actually gonna make the boss enemies being immune to being put in pain-state, so as to not horribly break apart Masterminds with just a Sledgehammer. then again, having the enemies not being able to be put in pain-state at all might massively unbalance the game, though.
Or the bosses could just not be affected by the sledgehammer's pain forcing. (e.g. instead of +FORCEPAIN, you could give it a custom damagetype and give all enemies except the bosses maximum (or at least extremely high) painchance for that damagetype. Bosses would either not have a custom chance for that type and just use normal pain chance, or just have a moderately increased chance instead of a massive one)
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Last I was aware, there were also a couple of missing brightmaps on the dualies (as well as an overlooked pickup message for them). And I believe you previously mentioned that the capitalization was edited for the weapon nametags?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Ed the Bat wrote:Last I was aware, there were also a couple of missing brightmaps on the dualies (as well as an overlooked pickup message for them). And I believe you previously mentioned that the capitalization was edited for the weapon nametags?
Yes, I am currently changing all of the pickup messages and weapon tags to be a bit more consistent (especially CORBEX and TAIGA which are not acronyms for anything, and thus are being changed to proper capitals).
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

undead003 wrote:Auto-offsetting wasn't as bad as I thought it would turn out. I extracted the sprites from the hazmat (?) trooper's sprite sheet and they are ready for my own use, and I've already made a skin file for it.
Could you perchance send that to me? Spricer is giving me headaches right now.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

wildweasel wrote:- Get around to adding randomized angles to all the voxelized pickups; this makes large banks of bonuses look a lot nicer.
Something interesting I found out because of this mod that I never would have otherwise: Plutonia Experiment actually has maps that assigned angles to single-frame items; most of them seem to be ammo pickups. (MAP05 displays this most prominently with the rocket pickups arranged about the Spider Mastermind's square.) Setting randomized angles would conflict with nice, but otherwise hardly noticeable, touches like that (if map authors ever consider them in the first place), but ah well - win some, lose some.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Odds are that they'll still be randomized with this, which looks more reasonable than matching with everything else or being neatly arranged.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Ethril wrote:Or the bosses could just not be affected by the sledgehammer's pain forcing. (e.g. instead of +FORCEPAIN, you could give it a custom damagetype and give all enemies except the bosses maximum (or at least extremely high) painchance for that damagetype. Bosses would either not have a custom chance for that type and just use normal pain chance, or just have a moderately increased chance instead of a massive one)
custom damages are would be hella recommend for bfg, too.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”