[WIP] UAC:Specops

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Crudux Cruo

Re: [WIP] UAC:Specops

Post by Crudux Cruo »

TheRailgunner wrote:
doomer1 wrote:Image

This is a 1911 i'm working on. there are a lot of finishing touches to make, and other frames, but Its about time that we have a good doom style pistol in the system. I'm thinking about making this a special drop that gives the player dualies, or even a upgrade/buy system where you can go though and pick your favorite gun. either way, I intend to finish the pistol sprites so at least other people can use it.
That's one beautiful 1911 slide, Doomer. I take it that this pistol will be the quick-firing handgun in your mod?

Also, just in case it tickles your fancy, the stock Doom pistol is modeled after the Beretta 92F, if you want to throw a hand-drawn variant in there as an option.

Something I noticed about the Slugger - the color of Doomguy's fingers doesn't match the rest of his hand. You might want to fix that at some point.
I'll try to work up a beretta in the future as well, the beretta is one of my personal favorite pistols, aside from the 1911. I've fired them both and I have a good feel for how fast they both fire. the 1911 can fire reasonably fast, while a 9mm beretta is much easier to handle. but yeah, the idea is you'd have a quicker gun for zombies. Ideally, if I add this feature, i'd like the behavior to be similar to how the pistols work in the PARKOUR DOOM mod, but we will see, coding is not my strong suit.

I see what you mean on the slugger, I though I finished it pretty well, must be my monitor settings; ill re evaluate it and do some touchup work.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

doomer1 wrote:(1911 sprite)
(Rifle sprite)
Oh wow, that pistol looks goooood, can't wait to see the full thing of that. And the rifle looks way better now without the random vent holes. Looking forward to the completed weapons! :)

EDIT:
doomer1 wrote:I'll try to work up a beretta in the future as well
ohgod. If you make a centered Doom style Beretta, I may have to love you forever. God I hate the standard Doom pistol, I can't unsee it as a weird dome pod that sits on your hand and doesn't extend at all.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

The semi-final rifle for phase 1. download link on first post.

more refined colt 1911 slide. its ready to animate, i'll just have to add hands.

then next project is the seismic grenades. stay tuned folks!
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

The muzzle flash and firing sound go really well together, IMO. Quite satisfying laying into a horde of imps with that dealer of death. Nice job!
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Thanks, I'm working on a less long version and i will see what i think of hands, so the rifle is semi final. also...

Code: Select all

http://speedy.sh/tgeRD/COLT1911.wad
Enjoy this hammerless version of the 1911. I'm actually quite liking this hammerless, though im sure others may not agree. anyone who downloads this, please give me feedback. thx :)

edit:

hands in, dl uploaded
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

The animation of the pistol is quite smooth and nice, and the mechanics of the weapon make for a more interesting starting weapon than the standard Doom pistol, without being OP. Honestly, the only problem I have with it is the firing sound, it sounds quite weak, while at the same time the sound carries on for longer than you'd think a weak gunshot would in Doom. A slightly beefier sound could make the gun seem a bit more badass without actually changing it in any way. MIND GAMES.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Funny, i was thinking the same thing, but it didn't bother me. ill rework the sound. thanks for the feedback. Oh, btw... hammer or no hammer?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

doomer1 wrote:Oh, btw... hammer or no hammer?
I don't know, is it capable of shooting without one? It'd probably be better to ask a gun overlord like Wildweasel instead of "Dis end is da shooty end" Yholl. It looks great to me regardless.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I recall Colt makes "hammerless" versions of their pistols; really, I think it's down to an artistic choice at this point.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

well technically its true. the 1911 was never made hammerless, rather the 1903 was designed as a "pocket pistol" for policemen, to replace the .38 special revolvers.
The Army was looking for a pistol that was easy to clean, with redundant safeties, and could be field stripped as easily as possible... this necessitated a hammered design, and thus the colt 1911 government was born.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... s_1783.jpg - 1903

so my thoughts, besides laziness, are that the 1911 is defined by its hammer; what if i DIDN'T add it? If we're going by the books, yes, it needs a hammer. but as WW put it, it IS an artistic choice regardless.

i think i'll go back to the 1911 since it is a seperate item from the project, ultimately i probably should just add the hammer since someone will point at say "oh well, you're a lazy ass, the REAL 1911 has a hammer" lol

that being said... seismic grenades are next on my list.... meh. i like the doom 3 grenades, i was thinking something like that. ill post some concepts later.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Alright, some more eyecandy... a prototype cylindrical grenade. it is bland at the moment, but as a proof of concept for the basic design this will work. any feedback/thoughts would be appreciated.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Ok just so everyone knows, this is ABSOLUTELY not dead, I am still working on this, but I am also expanding my horizons in other projects and things. That is not the only reason I've posted though.

Though its true I am only working on phase 1 right now (plain old vanilla compatible weapons), I am also still planning for phase 2 (full on weapons mod with reloads and brass and stuff.). these are some of the things you can expect in the final production. (about a year off or so from now)

2.) Nighthawk 10d3 silver casings. x9

A.) Nighthawk+1911 : a 1911 is thrown into the mix, and provides a gun that can fire while the nighthawk is recoiling with its slow slide. 7 damage instead of 10. brass cases for 1911

B.) 1911+1911 : two 1911's both quick and efficient, though not as damaging as the Nighthawk 7d3 x16. The 1911 is a classic commando weapons due to its sheer reliability, but the old design has high recoil, low accuracy, and low ammo capacity.

C) Super Nighthawk: the nighthawk is given compensators, tritium sights, and the upgraded rounds that the ITR mark 1 uses with antiferrum rounds; the pistol has less felt recoil and fire faster.  Steel casings. (I was sort of inspired by x weaponing :P)  this pistol is going to be pretty unique. I might even put a doomnukem esq scope on there.  15d3 x6

3.) New Washington Slugger 

All the changes will be merely function and shell color, but the effects will be cool.

Blue shells, the standard.  5 10d3 per shell x10

A.) Explosive Magnum Round: the 9mm rounds now have a blast radius of about 4 meters each, and make them much more lethal, but they are slower, and you can hold less. Shells are Black. 10 20d3 shot per shell, with 10d3 explosive damage. only manual reload for this cartridge, this round is too long to feed through the system, so all loads would be reloaded manually. also, this has to be fired one at a time. x2

B.) Buckshot loads: 5 shots become 12, spread decreases, pumping is faster, shells are Red. 12 6d3 pellets per shell. recoil is actually more due to the increased amount of powder used to launch the pellets, so pumping takes slightly longer than the standard blue shells. while the rounds are longer, eliminating 2 rounds from the max capacity, they otherwise reload just fine through the system. x8

C.) Wideload Birdshot: a wide spray of about 12x6 that spits out 24 pellets that do 2d3 damage per shell. while its not nearly as lethal as other conventional ammunition, this has a higher chance of hitting targets, and a much higher chance of causing an enemy to be overcome by the sheer shock of it all. best to clear hallways. birdshot will be green. x10. the rounds are the same as the standard shells.

4.) ITRA2
The rifle will be largely the same, but there will be some different graphics for different mods. 7d3 x20 normally, with steel antiferrum laced rounds.

A.) Traditional bullets: classic primers and smaller sizes will be used, as well as a high speed bolt to increase fire rate. however, recoil will be the same as the other rounds, at roughly twice the fire rate. also, these bullets are small, actually a great deal smaller than pistol bullets, doing only a mediocre amount of damage, but two barrels at once can do enough damage. 5d3 x20, twice the speed.

B.) Marksman Rifle: Uses a magnum sniper antiferrum round. the bullet does 16d3 damage with its tapered 8.69mm long cartridge. the recoil on this is so great compensators cannot be used, as in labtests 10/10 rifles that were endurance tested lasted less than 160 rounds. instead, this model uses a bolt action mode. the rifle can also only hold 10 rounds in a detachable magazine. deathly accurate. (.5x.5)

C.) Tactical ITR: featuring a reflex scope, and flash suppressor/silencers, this rifle is the ultimate killing machine. deadly, and quiet, the weapon is perfect in every way, being more accurate, and silent than the original. the only downside is the increased recoil, but it is largely compensated for by the hand grip placed at the end of the rifle. 

5.) Seismic grenade. no damage, but stun, or insta death within 15 meters for anything other than a baron of hell. can carry 5. grenades will look almost entirely different from one another.

a.) fragmentation grenades: somewhat medieval, but brutally efficient. has a meager blast radius of 10 meters, but fires little bits of metal at lightning fast speeds, making a very lethal grenade indeed. has an effective range of 30 meters. each shard does 20d3 damage, and rips through foes. one piece of shrapnel can go through a imp, and kill a zombie behind it. note that shrapnel drastically reduces in lethality as speed decreases, which for these shards, is quite easy since they don't bounce at all hardly. can carry 5.

b.) Napalm grenade: with an effective range of 40 meters, this grenade is Impressive; while this grenade does no explosive damage, it will belch out flames in all directions, spreading on the ground. this hellish grenade can block a hallway and roast a baron of hell to death, though, as noted, this is only useful if opponents step in the flames. can carry 3, since napalm grenades are much heavier than conventional grenades.

c.) Satchel charge. 50 meter explosion radius. no flames, no stuns, no after effects, but the concentrated c6 bundle will instantly kill pretty much anything but a cybie or a spider mastermind in 1 shot. unfortunately, this is very weighty, and only one can be carried at a time.

5.) Heat missile launcher. standard missile is a static 1000 damage projectile with splash damage of 7d3 in a radius of 5 meters. x5. steel cased bullet like missile.
changes will be only in the missile.

a.) Yellow belly upgrade. the yellow belly is not nearly as lethal as the heat missile, but can seek a target. does 750 damage. relatively long range, although somewhat slower than the standard. 

b.) Viper round. contains a blast charge layered in such a way that the flame licks out of it like a viper, penetrating up to 5mm of steel. this missile spits a ripping flame through enemies that does 50d3 as it rips through enemies. this flame has a short lifespan, as its designed as a incendiary, but in that time it can kill anything yp to 8 meters away, almost anything. the projectile itself does 100d3 damage, then the flame shoots out. yellow painted missile with fins. slower, and short range.

c.) Drunk monk upgrade: the drunk monk missile is actually a container carrying other missiles. these tiny needle like missiles do about 5d3 damage each, and go all over the place. the missile does not launch until 5 meters, so this must have quite a bit of room to be effective, and the missile is quite sluggish, but the missile contains 50 needles that go all over. the reason its called a drunk monk is because the needles pierce their victims then explode, much like a condemning sermon over too much communion wine

I wont be doing too many modifications other than those since it would be an overload. it will have to involve some sort of point system, with upgrades.

edit: with the grenade graphics almost done, it needs to be coded, then I can do the semi auto rocket rifle and the plasma cannon, and that will be the release of phase 1. then I can get into the cool stuff up above. i'll be releasing the grenade, and merging all the weapons into 1 wad to finish up. with my current rate, expect phase one around January or February. at that point, it will be all balanced for classic doom, and all functional.

edit edit: I posted up a basic history update, todo list, and a list of helpers/credits, in preparation for the first release. the time tables are very flexible, so I am hoping to produce things much faster than listed. we will see though, with the holidays.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

doomer1 wrote:

2.) Nighthawk 10d3 silver casings. x9

A.) Nighthawk+1911 : a 1911 is thrown into the mix, and provides a gun that can fire while the nighthawk is recoiling with its slow slide. 7 damage instead of 10. brass cases for 1911

B.) 1911+1911 : two 1911's both quick and efficient, though not as damaging as the Nighthawk 7d3 x16. The 1911 is a classic commando weapons due to its sheer reliability, but the old design has high recoil, low accuracy, and low ammo capacity.

C) Super Nighthawk: the nighthawk is given compensators, tritium sights, and the upgraded rounds that the ITR mark 1 uses with antiferrum rounds; the pistol has less felt recoil and fire faster.  Steel casings. (I was sort of inspired by x weaponing :P)  this pistol is going to be pretty unique. I might even put a doomnukem esq scope on there.  15d3 x6

3.) New Washington Slugger 

All the changes will be merely function and shell color, but the effects will be cool.

Blue shells, the standard.  5 10d3 per shell x10

A.) Explosive Magnum Round: the 9mm rounds now have a blast radius of about 4 meters each, and make them much more lethal, but they are slower, and you can hold less. Shells are Black. 10 20d3 shot per shell, with 10d3 explosive damage. only manual reload for this cartridge, this round is too long to feed through the system, so all loads would be reloaded manually. also, this has to be fired one at a time. x2

B.) Buckshot loads: 5 shots become 12, spread decreases, pumping is faster, shells are Red. 12 6d3 pellets per shell. recoil is actually more due to the increased amount of powder used to launch the pellets, so pumping takes slightly longer than the standard blue shells. while the rounds are longer, eliminating 2 rounds from the max capacity, they otherwise reload just fine through the system. x8

C.) Wideload Birdshot: a wide spray of about 12x6 that spits out 24 pellets that do 2d3 damage per shell. while its not nearly as lethal as other conventional ammunition, this has a higher chance of hitting targets, and a much higher chance of causing an enemy to be overcome by the sheer shock of it all. best to clear hallways. birdshot will be green. x10. the rounds are the same as the standard shells.

4.) ITRA2
The rifle will be largely the same, but there will be some different graphics for different mods. 7d3 x20 normally, with steel antiferrum laced rounds.

A.) Traditional bullets: classic primers and smaller sizes will be used, as well as a high speed bolt to increase fire rate. however, recoil will be the same as the other rounds, at roughly twice the fire rate. also, these bullets are small, actually a great deal smaller than pistol bullets, doing only a mediocre amount of damage, but two barrels at once can do enough damage. 5d3 x20, twice the speed.

B.) Marksman Rifle: Uses a magnum sniper antiferrum round. the bullet does 16d3 damage with its tapered 8.69mm long cartridge. the recoil on this is so great compensators cannot be used, as in labtests 10/10 rifles that were endurance tested lasted less than 160 rounds. instead, this model uses a bolt action mode. the rifle can also only hold 10 rounds in a detachable magazine. deathly accurate. (.5x.5)

C.) Tactical ITR: featuring a reflex scope, and flash suppressor/silencers, this rifle is the ultimate killing machine. deadly, and quiet, the weapon is perfect in every way, being more accurate, and silent than the original. the only downside is the increased recoil, but it is largely compensated for by the hand grip placed at the end of the rifle. 

5.) Seismic grenade. no damage, but stun, or insta death within 15 meters for anything other than a baron of hell. can carry 5. grenades will look almost entirely different from one another.

a.) fragmentation grenades: somewhat medieval, but brutally efficient. has a meager blast radius of 10 meters, but fires little bits of metal at lightning fast speeds, making a very lethal grenade indeed. has an effective range of 30 meters. each shard does 20d3 damage, and rips through foes. one piece of shrapnel can go through a imp, and kill a zombie behind it. note that shrapnel drastically reduces in lethality as speed decreases, which for these shards, is quite easy since they don't bounce at all hardly. can carry 5.

b.) Napalm grenade: with an effective range of 40 meters, this grenade is Impressive; while this grenade does no explosive damage, it will belch out flames in all directions, spreading on the ground. this hellish grenade can block a hallway and roast a baron of hell to death, though, as noted, this is only useful if opponents step in the flames. can carry 3, since napalm grenades are much heavier than conventional grenades.

c.) Satchel charge. 50 meter explosion radius. no flames, no stuns, no after effects, but the concentrated c6 bundle will instantly kill pretty much anything but a cybie or a spider mastermind in 1 shot. unfortunately, this is very weighty, and only one can be carried at a time.

5.) Heat missile launcher. standard missile is a static 1000 damage projectile with splash damage of 7d3 in a radius of 5 meters. x5. steel cased bullet like missile.
changes will be only in the missile.

a.) Yellow belly upgrade. the yellow belly is not nearly as lethal as the heat missile, but can seek a target. does 750 damage. relatively long range, although somewhat slower than the standard. 

b.) Viper round. contains a blast charge layered in such a way that the flame licks out of it like a viper, penetrating up to 5mm of steel. this missile spits a ripping flame through enemies that does 50d3 as it rips through enemies. this flame has a short lifespan, as its designed as a incendiary, but in that time it can kill anything yp to 8 meters away, almost anything. the projectile itself does 100d3 damage, then the flame shoots out. yellow painted missile with fins. slower, and short range.

c.) Drunk monk upgrade: the drunk monk missile is actually a container carrying other missiles. these tiny needle like missiles do about 5d3 damage each, and go all over the place. the missile does not launch until 5 meters, so this must have quite a bit of room to be effective, and the missile is quite sluggish, but the missile contains 50 needles that go all over. the reason its called a drunk monk is because the needles pierce their victims then explode, much like a condemning sermon over too much communion wine

Yes. This must happen. The different ammo types are pretty nice too, and not many mods do it that way. I can't wait to see this stuff.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Heres an update on the grenade. the blue on top is a window into the plasma, the lights at the bottom are some sort of compression indicator. I still have to create the projectile, not a big deal, but I want to finalize this first. any feedback would be appreciated.
Attachments
Grenade2.png
Grenade2.png (15.29 KiB) Viewed 844 times
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

So just an update, i made the grenade, but i still need to do the rotations... playable version of grenades up in 2 weeks tops. yay :)
Attachments
SCGGB0.PNG
SCGGB0.PNG (13.42 KiB) Viewed 806 times
SCGGA0.PNG
SCGGA0.PNG (13.38 KiB) Viewed 806 times

Return to “Gameplay Mods”