This mod feels more or less an early alpha build rather than a full release. There's a lot to be added in order to feel like a Borderlands like Doom mod. I would recommend taking inspiration from Borderlands 2 with some elements from 3 as well as the Doom Roguelike Arsenal + DoomRPG mods.
In order to feel like a Borderlands mod for Doom, I would recommend adding in:
- Loads of more unique looking weapons - having 6 weapons as of now seems very limiting, especially if it's based off the Borderlands 1 content.
- Weapon manufacturers and gimmicks - this can help to have with adding in more weapons, maybe the chaingun could be the Vladolf assault rile equivalent, or the super shotgun being a Jakobs double barrel.
- More prominent weapon classes - Pistols, Sub machineguns, Shotguns, Sniper Rifles and Rocket Launchers are all there, but what about the Assault Rifles and Laser guns?
- Weapon Rarities - It feels like there are only white weapons currently, I would love to see other rarities like green, blue, purple, orange (legendaries) or even the e-tech (magenta). Maybe have the plasma gun and BFG equivalents as E-Techs.
- More unique shields - it feels like I'm getting the same default shield over and over. What about the spike, nova and adaptive shields for example?
- Grenade mods, class mods and relics - I would love to see other equipment implemented in this mod and see how it translate in Doom.
- Classes, action skills and skill trees - Having at least four playable classes would be very interesting along with their associated action skills and skill trees, typically a Soldier, Hunter, Siren and Berserker. I would recommend having the siren as female. Also, a character that isn't human would be very interesting. Maybe have the berserk powerup dedicated to a class' action skill. Also, respecting skill points would be nice.
- Better inventory system and SDUs - I would love to see a better-looking inventory system so I can check my max ammo capacity and a better weapon comparison.
- FFYL and respawning without restarting the level - Could be interesting and also the penalty would be 7% of a player's total money because of new-U stations.
- Level select - once you been in a level, I would love to go back to previous levels without starting over. Probably in relation to randomly generated quests.
- More enemies and superbads - Because Borderlands has them. Also, I would like to have the option of levels of enemies and loot be equivalent between on what level you're up to and the player's current level.
- Loot chests, containers, money and eridium drops, shops, bank, maybe a hub level for randomly generated quests etc. - it's part of the shoot and loot of the main Borderlands games.
Again, take inspiration from the Doom roguelike arsenal and Doom RPG mods as well as the Borderlands 2 and 3 games. I'm looking forward to how this mod develops regardless.