Doom 64 Wad Project [GZDoom] Version 1.0 released!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PFL

Re: Doom 64 Wad Project [GZDoom] Version 1.0 released!

Post by PFL »

This is already Epic.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

Hopefully I will get the next alpha out before next week(if I stop making new maps before I completely tune each map to be more like a doom64 map)

Originally I was gonna release this at 6 maps but then I started making map07 right after I added the exit for map06.

The map lighting will take quite awhile to make perfect so bare with me here.
Nightside

Post by Nightside »

A very noob question, how do I run it in gzdoom? When I try to open it, it loads a wad of Doom 2.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

like any other wad, drag it over and drop it onto the gzdoom executable file.

Sorry the next alpha release is taking forever, I recently scrapped all my maps and started to remake them. Since now iv scrapped about 8 finished maps for this project I think ill release a bonus scrapped map episode with the next alpha test release.
PFL

Post by PFL »

AlwaysDoomed wrote:a bonus scrapped map episode with the next alpha
!!!

Well, why not ... ! The maps were GOOD ... "bonus scrapped map episode" ? What happened ?
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

They didnt seem unique enough and felt like they were really mazy and had bad gameplay. There were quite a few rooms I felt like you could just shoot enemies at the door. And tbh only the first 3 maps are getting scrapped, though i might keep the first map.
PFL

Post by PFL »

It's your decision :). If you have the time to get this to a upper level/standard, be our guest :) But they were good and they looked very good. Do you have a next alpha release soon ?
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

Yes i do, just finishing up map04 and map07 then just gotta detail stuff and Ill be ready. I wanna say in a week but I might get lazy or busy with other stuff and it might take longer. If I really buckled down I could probably get another alpha test out in 4 days.

Heres a bonus screenshot for everyone, so they can see my progress before the next alpha release.
Spoiler:
This wad is going to have around 10 maps, however I might release additional map packs(episodes) if this wad turns out to be a success.

I redid the FireStorm gun and instead of shooting out ripper projectiles, it will now shoot out a homing missile that when it explodes will split into 4 other mini projectiles that will seek nearby targets or the same target if the first one the main missile hit didnt kill it.
PFL

Post by PFL »

Completely nice. I hope your success anticipation level isn't set too high :) Doom 64 isn't everyone's cup of tea.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

A minor update but I have completed the titlemap for this project, you can see it below or in the OP.

Let me know what you think about it and or what needs improving.

PFL

Post by PFL »

Thumbs up !! I like how the title becomes hand written in fear red. I'd touch nothing.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

added some new screenshots, enjoy!!
Spoiler:
PFL

Post by PFL »

It just dropped in to smell the progress and I get "updated du jour" :)

Very it. You have at least one submitted fan :) This is already my top 2013 wad. I don't need to try others ...
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

I have always wondered what would happen if someone made maps for Doom 64 or ported the entire thing to PC, so far all I have seen is TC and monster rips, weapon rips, etc from the console version, I believe on the console version, some of the weapons have recoil, I would appreciate it if you could add some sort of recoil backwards to at least the super shotgun as it was in the console version, other than that, I think this is a pretty solid idea, I like the idea of adding new weapons and new monsters to a Doom 64 based TC, that was one of my favorite games in the doom series despite how moddable Doom 2 is.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

The shotguns and rocket launcher already have recoils =D, also imma attempt to add a reload animation to the shotguns. I added a reload animation to the plasma rifle that looks pretty good.

Ill be making a seperate wad for multiplayer since theres alot of decorate that wont work online.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”