Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LordKane1701
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Post by LordKane1701 »

Nightgaunt wrote:Post by Exeor:
Nope, as far as I know he isn't even in the heretic/hexen discord, but there is something interesting related to woc:
Checking The Sentinel's Playground there is a zandronum server where you can get a new version called woc_v3.1.4.pk3 along with the updated patches, probably this will be the next official version but still in beta state. You can download it from here:
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... 07&popup=1

I don't know the differences compared to 3.A version (and surprisingly, it still works with my campaign) since I didn't see a changelog, but I noticed that the mage has a new ruby wand in the fifth slot instead of the emerald wand and the fighter has new sprites for the Vorpal Blade.

I will have to check it out thanks.
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

There's also a new accessory so far - it's called the Ring of Mana Attraction, it regenerates a percentage of your mana every 5 seconds, but you take more arcane damage.
CopperBoltwire

Post by CopperBoltwire »

What file handles how many stat points per level players get?
And if possible to alter max skill levels, where would I do that?
An if it IS possible to mod max skill level, what file handles how many skill points per level you get?

Could also be fun to alter monster difficulty even more then usual.
modenthusiast

Post by modenthusiast »

Anyone know what version of gzdoom I should be using with WoC? I can't see the UI on 4.2.4a
LordKane1701
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by LordKane1701 »

modenthusiast wrote:Anyone know what version of gzdoom I should be using with WoC? I can't see the UI on 4.2.4a
It works with the latest but if it doesnt work for your machine use LZDoom as WoC works fine with it.
(I use LZDoom so I can vouch that it does)
modenthusiast

Post by modenthusiast »

Even with LZDoom, I can't see the HUD at all. :/ Are my settings wrong?
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

I haven't played the mod myself, but I saw a playthrough on Youtube recently.

I took a look at the mod's ACS code. As a mod creator myself I am wondering: Is there an estimate on how much time went into this mod? Especially the coding part?
The ACS has over 10000 lines of code. This should have taken a while... I do understand however that some parts were taken from other mods / authors.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

modenthusiast wrote:Even with LZDoom, I can't see the HUD at all. :/ Are my settings wrong?
It is working for me on LZDoom latest (3.87c) are you sure it's not just the wrong screen size? Press +/- to make it one below largest, or more directly, put "screenblocks 11" into the console. Enough mods require it set to something specific to have their proper HUD, DRLA and Lambda spring to mind.
Blitzer

Post by Blitzer »

Does anybody else have an issue where you can't start up wrath of cronos with masters of chaos? (The moc11.wad file to be specific).
This is how I have my batch file set up:
Gzdoom -file moc11.wad woc_nothexen.pk3 WoCv30a.pk3 woc_v3hereticpatch.pk3 woc_v3hereticmocpatch.pk3 -iwad HERETIC.wad

The issue seems to arise from the woc_v3hereticpatch.pk3 file, as it does not work with vanilla Heretic either.
Blitzer

Post by Blitzer »

Blitzer wrote:Does anybody else have an issue where you can't start up wrath of cronos with masters of chaos? (The moc11.wad file to be specific).
Gzdoom -file moc11.wad woc_nothexen.pk3 WoCv30a.pk3 woc_v3hereticpatch.pk3 woc_v3hereticmocpatch.pk3 -iwad HERETIC.wad

The issue seems to arise from the woc_v3hereticpatch.pk3 file, as it does not work with vanilla Heretic either.
I have fixed that issue. However, I have another issue when playing with Masters of chaos specifically; when booting with wrath of cronos, the jade wand, skull staff and blood scepter given are the moc variants instead of the woc ones. Is there a way to fix that?
fumarabi

Post by fumarabi »

Anyway of getting more monster variety or types?
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

Blitzer wrote:
Blitzer wrote:Does anybody else have an issue where you can't start up wrath of cronos with masters of chaos? (The moc11.wad file to be specific).

I have fixed that issue. However, I have another issue when playing with Masters of chaos specifically; when booting with wrath of cronos, the jade wand, skull staff and blood scepter given are the moc variants instead of the woc ones. Is there a way to fix that?
Same happens here, but I think that I *could* fix it, it is just a minor actor issue.
fumarabi wrote:Anyway of getting more monster variety or types?
For Doom you can get a good variety of enemies when using the "wrathofcronosv3doomextramons.pk3" and "wrathofcronosv3doomrandom.pk3" files, you can download it from The Sentinel's Playground.
Nightgaunt

Post by Nightgaunt »

My god I just noticed the Assassin sprite in the selection screen, what's that, a walking fridge?
It's like he took a Blazkowicz sprite from Wolfenstein 3d and pasted a girl's head over his, LOL.

Where's my lithe widow-maker from Hexen 2?
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

Nightgaunt wrote:My god I just noticed the Assassin sprite in the selection screen, what's that, a walking fridge?
It's like he took a Blazkowicz sprite from Wolfenstein 3d and pasted a girl's head over his, LOL.

Where's my lithe widow-maker from Hexen 2?
I found these sprites from Shadow Warrior that fits better for the Assassin Class, even if only a few ones would be used.

Also I reported this bug a few months ago but I don't know if Tethis has fixed it: Monsters ignore the notarget command, they will attack you even if it is enabled, no idea why it happens.
Nightgaunt

Post by Nightgaunt »

Those sprites look good, hopefully Blasko was just a place-holder.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”