Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
hexelix

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Post by hexelix »

neto592 wrote:
Blitzer wrote:Does anybody else have an issue where you can't start up wrath of cronos with masters of chaos? (The moc11.wad file to be specific).
This is how I have my batch file set up:
Gzdoom -file moc11.wad woc_nothexen.pk3 WoCv30a.pk3 woc_v3hereticpatch.pk3 woc_v3hereticmocpatch.pk3 -iwad HERETIC.wad

I have fixed that issue. However, I have another issue when playing with Masters of chaos specifically; when booting with wrath of cronos, the jade wand, skull staff and blood scepter given are the moc variants instead of the woc ones. Is there a way to fix that?

Please if you did could you tell me how because I really want to play this mod with the Wrath of Cronos on it. :(
The only way I could figure out how to fix it was to open up the MoC WAD in SLADE and delete the actors for the jade wand, skull staff and blood scepter from it's DECORATE lump. It's a hacky solution; That will mess up the original WAD for anything but WoC, but at least the weapons start working and track ammo correctly after you do so.

I don't know if I can post the edited WAD here or if it's against the rules; if someone could advise, I'd be glad to post my hackjob on the MoC WAD here.
peewee_RotA

Post by peewee_RotA »

hexelix wrote:The only way I could figure out how to fix it was to open up the MoC WAD in SLADE and delete the actors for the jade wand, skull staff and blood scepter from it's DECORATE lump. It's a hacky solution; That will mess up the original WAD for anything but WoC, but at least the weapons start working and track ammo correctly after you do so.

I don't know if I can post the edited WAD here or if it's against the rules; if someone could advise, I'd be glad to post my hackjob on the MoC WAD here.

Could changing the mod load order work?
-file file1[.wad] file2[.wad] file3[.wad] ...
Used to load one or more PWAD files which generally contain user-created levels. Files listed further right take precedence to files listed before them, so as an example, if both file1.wad and file2.wad contain have a MAP01, the MAP01 in file2.wad will be used instead of the one in file1.wad. If the .wad extension is omitted, ZDoom will automatically add it.
Using this parameter is no longer needed, zdoom file1.wad file2.wad file3.wad will work just as well as zdoom -file file1.wad file2.wad file3.wad.
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Command_line_parameters

It looks like it works for maps. I assume it should work for zscript and decorate.

EDIT: Reviewed the command line above and it looks like it should load in the correct order. So I have a feeling there is some oddities between name collisions in decorate and zscript and map info that are not common.
neto592

Post by neto592 »

hexelix wrote:
neto592 wrote:
Blitzer wrote:Does anybody else have an issue where you can't start up wrath of cronos with masters of chaos? (The moc11.wad file to be specific).
This is how I have my batch file set up:
Gzdoom -file moc11.wad woc_nothexen.pk3 WoCv30a.pk3 woc_v3hereticpatch.pk3 woc_v3hereticmocpatch.pk3 -iwad HERETIC.wad

I have fixed that issue. However, I have another issue when playing with Masters of chaos specifically; when booting with wrath of cronos, the jade wand, skull staff and blood scepter given are the moc variants instead of the woc ones. Is there a way to fix that?

Please if you did could you tell me how because I really want to play this mod with the Wrath of Cronos on it. :(
The only way I could figure out how to fix it was to open up the MoC WAD in SLADE and delete the actors for the jade wand, skull staff and blood scepter from it's DECORATE lump. It's a hacky solution; That will mess up the original WAD for anything but WoC, but at least the weapons start working and track ammo correctly after you do so.

I am a noob on that but I will try that. Anyway I play alone so I don't care about cheating (if there isn't any other way). Thanks.
neto592

Post by neto592 »

peewee_RotA wrote:
hexelix wrote:The only way I could figure out how to fix it was to open up the MoC WAD in SLADE and delete the actors for the jade wand, skull staff and blood scepter from it's DECORATE lump. It's a hacky solution; That will mess up the original WAD for anything but WoC, but at least the weapons start working and track ammo correctly after you do so.

Could changing the mod load order work?
-file file1[.wad] file2[.wad] file3[.wad] ...
Used to load one or more PWAD files which generally contain user-created levels. Files listed further right take precedence to files listed before them, so as an example, if both file1.wad and file2.wad contain have a MAP01, the MAP01 in file2.wad will be used instead of the one in file1.wad. If the .wad extension is omitted, ZDoom will automatically add it.
Using this parameter is no longer needed, zdoom file1.wad file2.wad file3.wad will work just as well as zdoom -file file1.wad file2.wad file3.wad.
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Command_line_parameters

It looks like it works for maps. I assume it should work for zscript and decorate.

EDIT: Reviewed the command line above and it looks like it should load in the correct order. So I have a feeling there is some oddities between name collisions in decorate and zscript and map info that are not common.

Sorry for not explain that well. I tried change the order from loading. Or it doesn't change anything or it wouldn't even loaded the game.

About the commands line suggestion I will give a look. Thanks for giving me a direction.
neto592

Post by neto592 »

I tried peewee_RotA solution but probably because I didn't manage into fully understanding the guide (the wiki page) it failed.

About hexelix solution (deleting the weapons inside the decorate file) it seems that it worked! So thank you hexelix. :D
Craneo
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Craneo »

Here is a concept for a Assassin resprite using Amuscaria's Hellforged girl player sprites, parts of the current Assassin player sprites' head, and Ettingrinder's Impaler Crossbow as her weapon/ammo quiver
idk when or if I will finish this thought... but the Assassin sprites really need some love!
neto592

Post by neto592 »

Craneo wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:45 pm [Image removed]
Here is a concept for a Assassin resprite using Amuscaria's Hellforged girl player sprites, parts of the current Assassin player sprites' head, and Ettingrinder's Impaler Crossbow as her weapon/ammo quiver
idk when or if I will finish this thought... but the Assassin sprites really need some love!
I for myself really look for a better Assassin sprint. :D
Irrevenant

Post by Irrevenant »

How many monsters can you use Raise Dead on per skill level? It says each level grants you more, and at first I hoped it meant it would continue through corpses and raise more at a time, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Even with one point in it, I can't tell what the limit is.
neto592

Post by neto592 »

Irrevenant wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:48 am How many monsters can you use Raise Dead on per skill level? It says each level grants you more, and at first I hoped it meant it would continue through corpses and raise more at a time, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Even with one point in it, I can't tell what the limit is.
I would love to know that too :?
Irrevenant

Post by Irrevenant »

I was mistaken. It actually does go through multiple corpses the more you level it, they just have to be in a straight line. Not sure the maximum amount it can, but it was either three or five. I don't think there's a limit to how many can be raised at a time.
PurpleRhino83

Post by PurpleRhino83 »

Is v3a the most recent version?
neto592

Post by neto592 »

PurpleRhino83 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:30 pm Is v3a the most recent version?
I would say yes and no.

This v3A is the version that was made for sure by Thetis.

However there also a version called 3.1.4 that updates several bugs and it a considerably improvement.
Who made that version is mystery as no one even seems to know if was made by Thetis or not.
Here the link on Moddb: https://www.moddb.com/games/hexen/downl ... v22patched
As for installation takes as non lite version of V3A. Although I think it is better put the 'woc_nothexen.pk3' after (and not before) the V3.1.4 (the rest is the same as the instructions from the first page of this topic).

Also there is a improve version made by Elpoder36 who cleared even more bugs and do a lot better work on balancing the paths of the 6 classes. However as sadistic as he/she its the difficulty was also (in this case massively) improved as well...
The most updated version is 3.2.7 I would say yes and no.

This v3A is the version that was made for sure by Thetis.

However there also a version called 3.1.4 that updates several bugs and it a considerably improvement.
Who made that version is mystery as no one even seems to know if was made by Thetis or not.
Here the link on Moddb: https://www.moddb.com/games/hexen/downl ... v22patched
As for installation takes as non lite version of V3A. Although I think it is better put the woc_nothexen.pk3 after (and not before) the V3.1.4 (the rest is the same as the instructions from page1).

Also there is a improve version made by Elpoder36 who cleared even more bugs and do a lot better work on balancing the paths of the 6 classes. However as sadistic as he/her its the difficulty was also (in this case massively) improved as well...
The most update version is 3.2.7 but there are two different versions: one for Doom and another for Heretic and Hexen (Up to now V3.2.7R41 for Heretic-Hexen and V3.2.7R39 for Doom).
As for the instructions (by using ZDL launcher) I put in the order as it appears on its '.bat' files (just copy and rename them to '.txt' in order to read them) however if you don't want to play his mod 'Epic" for Doom version but vanilla or another Wrath of Cronos Doom compatible mod then you will need to not using those two "epic' pk3 files. Also I don't use the 'brightmaps.pk3' and neither the 'light pk3' files because those from GZDoom4.10.0 are much more updated.
The Heretic-Hexen version doesn't have this 'Epic' pk3 files inside them. Although I played only a little using this Heretic-Hexen version on Strife I think it is possible to do it as long you replace the 'woc_v3hereticpatch.pk3' with the 'woc_v3strifepatch.pk3' in the ZDL launcher list (you can get 'woc_v3strifepatch.pk3' on the first page of this topic).
Elpoder36 cursed* version link on Moddb: https://www.moddb.com/mods/wrath-of-cro ... al-version
(*Because there a lots of monsters there that have the power to put curses on the player).

There is also this Heretic, Hexen and Doom mods compatible with Wrath of Cronos sort of list posted as a topic on Doomworld forum: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... walpurgis/
neto592

Post by neto592 »

Irrevenant wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:59 pm I was mistaken. It actually does go through multiple corpses the more you level it, they just have to be in a straight line. Not sure the maximum amount it can, but it was either three or five. I don't think there's a limit to how many can be raised at a time.
Nice to know! Thanks :)
CzudakCzudak

Post by CzudakCzudak »

However there also a version called 3.1.4 that updates several bugs and it a considerably improvement. Who made that version is mystery as no one even seems to know if was made by Thetis or not.
It was compiled by Thetis himself on 19.09.2020, and he uploaded it to https://allfearthesentinel.net/ first and did not update here at all (reasons unknown).
neto592

Post by neto592 »

CzudakCzudak wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:11 am
However there also a version called 3.1.4 that updates several bugs and it a considerably improvement. Who made that version is mystery as no one even seems to know if was made by Thetis or not.
It was compiled by Thetis himself on 19.09.2020, and he uploaded it to https://allfearthesentinel.net/ first and did not update here at all (reasons unknown).
Thanks for informing me. :)

I even found one made for Eviternity (Doom2 Mod) there https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... esc&page=2 at 12/22/2019. I didn't tested though...

Also it seems that the last Thetis upload is 'wocandiu3.1.4.wad'. Any idea whats for? It is some mod (and for what game)? :-?
Link: https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... =date_desc

Return to “Gameplay Mods”