[WIP] Nitemare 3D Reborn (Halted)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MetroidJunkie

Re: [WIP] Nitemare 3D Reborn

Post by MetroidJunkie »

I edited the player sprites (Which affects the clones) so that they match more of Hugo rather than the enemy they came from. I kept the sweater green rather than light blue, though, since having it be light blue kind of contradicts his weapon model. :roll:
zmarek20

Post by zmarek20 »

Some icons have a bad position or are too big. There shines the white dots.
Position keys are correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

I'm not sure I can change the weapon sprite size since it uses the same as the pickup sprite.
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10, 21H1
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by wildweasel »

You can define an alternative Inventory.Icon for a given weapon in its Decorate.
zmarek20

Post by zmarek20 »

Position keys icons should go change.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Perhaps I should make them a pixel bigger so that they fit into the HUD space correctly. On the right side, they fit in perfectly, they're just a bit too small for the other side.
zmarek20

Post by zmarek20 »

You add new types of enemies?
For example, the game would have been three kinds of bat, one type of original, the second kind very fast, very aggressive third kind as painellemental skull.

Map of the hud still does not work, even when the collection magic eye and Crystall ball.

Will be resolved staircase doors have two locations on the map and teleport to cancel the operation.
Via script possible.

(>> Stair Up)
(Stair Down)
(Cancel)
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

I initially had you press use to go up and down stairs but someone mentioned that there was no point if I was just going to copy Nitemare 3D's mechanics so I changed it to actual stairs since Doom has the advantage of the Z axis. As for the HUD Map, I don't know any way of having the map or enemies be revealed with crystal balls or eye balls so consider them a novelty item at this point.
zmarek20

Post by zmarek20 »

But it was better to model all over the staircase, with two floors. With reference axis Z.
nitemare3d use some script to teleport between two points.
You do not want the originals of maps Nitemare3D in Wolfenstein3D format?
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

My intention was to remake Nitemare 3D into a more advanced engine, not to just copy everything. If there's a better way to do something, I'll do it. Notice how, instead of teleporting the player with the locked doors, I use poly objects to make the door swing open so that it essentially achieves the same result but in a more advanced kind of way that the original game wasn't capable of. The idea is to take the original spirit of the game and enhance it. The company was actually planning to use the Doom engine to make a sequel but that fell through.
zmarek20

Post by zmarek20 »

ok.
MetroidJunkie

Re: [WIP] Nitemare 3D Reborn (Halted)

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Sorry for any of you who may have been hoping I would continue this but I don't currently plan to do so because I've been learning how to do Unity so I've been beginning the process of working on one for it, instead. I believe it will provide me more freedom of expression than Doom (Even GZDoom) can currently offer me. Unfortunately, I'm also having external HDD issues so the latest version of the WAD is presently out of my reach but, if I can get it resolved, I'll provide it for anyone who would like it to make levels or expand upon or do whatever.

For those interested in the Unity project:
Spoiler:
zmarek20

Post by zmarek20 »

Remake all the monsters from the original Nitemare 3D would be a wonderful thing.
zmarek20

Post by zmarek20 »

Who wants to edit levels for old Nitemare3d? Adam Biser for WDC add support for Nitemare3d (only maps,all episodes)
http://winwolf3d.dugtrio17.com/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”