[WIP] Nitemare 3D Reborn (Halted)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MetroidJunkie

Re: [WIP] Nitemare 3D Reborn

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Ethril wrote: I think he was referring more to the extraordinarily unergonomic grips than the placement of the arm.
Good point.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

There has also been a discussion about that graphics recent(ish)ly (either here or on Doomworld) about just how unrealistic the "realistic" view actually is. (And how, comparatively, realistic the Doom view can be considered to be.)
D00mfan

Post by D00mfan »

Maybe you could make the fight with Hammerstein more challenging, and make an new vampire enemy to fight , since the only vampire in the game is Dracula. I think even a pallet swap would good enough for the new vampire.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

D00mfan wrote:Maybe you could make the fight with Hammerstein more challenging, and make an new vampire enemy to fight , since the only vampire in the game is Dracula. I think even a pallet swap would good enough for the new vampire.
I could give Hammerstein the HyperBlaster or something.
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

will there be added to the game like Weapons,monsters,items ?
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

The Thing Thing wrote:will there be added to the game like Weapons,monsters,items ?
Don't know, got any suggestions? It probably wouldn't be that hard to come up with something, since Nitemare 3D has a pretty cheesy and cliche'd theme.
zmarek20

Post by zmarek20 »

when I have a game option of calculating the points of enemies?
Correct the error with the pistol.
In the old MSDOS Nitemare3D explosive wall did not respond to the pistol.
In your new mod but explosive wall responds to the pistol (bug).

ACTOR Turret 15147 option off via the switch (as in 1:8 or 1:9)

And add more aggressive enemies as a Doom2 reverant, Lostsoul, archvile ...

Add to game the poltergeist? The game should then horror style.
In the game I miss more difficulty 5 of difficulty is low.

In the game we are lacking especially fog and darkness, lighting of thunderstorm.
Tapwave
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

zmarek20 wrote:things
What?
I only got that apparently "explosive walls" are not supposed to be triggered by pistols, but the rest is such a mess of syntax errors that i can't understand it.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

I'm aware of the pistol thing but I don't know how to use ACS to filter out the pistol fire from affecting the wall. For more aggressive enemies, I haven't thought of any new enemies to add yet and slapping in Doom monsters just wouldn't fit. As for poltergeist, I'm not sure that would hold up to the original nature of Nitemare 3D, which wasn't really trying very hard to be genuine horror but more cheesy cliche horror. I'll take into account atmospheric effects as I'm able to implement them.
D00mfan

Post by D00mfan »

Since this game focuses on the classic Universal monsters : Dracula,Frankenstein, Mummies etc.

Maybe you could put other universal monsters in like the werewolf and the invisible man. Maybe you could turn Hammerstein into a Jekyll and Hyde character, with him turning into a monster into his second form.
D00mfan

Post by D00mfan »

Hey what's the progress on this project ? You still working on it ? I'm working on a N3D mod based on the Wolfenstein engine.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

I haven't touched it in a while, I tend to shift away from mods that people aren't actively telling me they want.
D00mfan

Post by D00mfan »

Oh that's a shame.
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

This is not bad at all. I used to be so scared when playing Nitemare 3D back in the days T_T
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Darn, I had hoped there was a new update with thread back on the front page. :|

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”