Back to Saturn X E1: Get Out Of My Stations

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Sp00kyFox

Re: Back to Saturn X E1 updated to .99i9 with a new map and

Post by Sp00kyFox »

oODemonologistOo wrote:I played this and I absolutely love this, just one problem I have with it is, how is map24 even possible from a pistol start?
this was the last map right? it's quite possible. I don't think there was a bfg in this map but apart from this you get all the weapons and in the main pit fight you get a huge load of ammo for everything. nontheless it's hard though. but I think it would be impossible on solonet, well at least dew didn't make it in his solonet playthroughs and his crowd control is pretty good.
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

Yeah, the next version has a couple of tweaks made to make solo-net play possible on Tough Skin River.
bouchacha

Post by bouchacha »

Really fantastic wad. I've been doing pistol start on HMP and it's given me a reasonable challenge without getting frustrating. So far until Bingo Pool Halls of Blood. The combination of wide open spaces, a spider demon, and arch-viles left and right make progression through the level a significant matter of luck. The SSG is relatively easy to get a hold of, but I noticed a UV playthrough had a rocket launcher almost right out of the gate. HMP could use a long-distance method of dealing with archviles. Either that or tone-down the archviles that aggro you right out of the gate. So far that's the only map I've had any criticism about.

Edit: I finally managed to beat it with no mid-saves just as this post got approved. It taught me the need to *really* memorize the level and its pick ups but it still represents a tremendous spike in difficulty.
bouchacha

Post by bouchacha »

I only now realized I've been playing with opaque grates this whole time, thinking that's how they were supposed to be. I've changed up various GZDoom settings to no avail. Any idea what's going on?
Gez

Post by Gez »

It's a problem with the HQnX filters and diagonal meshing. I have never found out what cause it in the engine. At one time, putting a dynamic light on the other side fixed it, but last time I tried it didn't work anymore.
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

You can try running it in software mode. It should fix any issues like that, and also make the lighting and coloring more vivid.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Software lighting (in GL Options somewhere) should fix whatever darkness is going on in that screenshot.
bouchacha

Post by bouchacha »

HQnX filter was indeed the problem. The confusing part was that switching off the filter needed a restart before the textures were transparent again. Thanks for the help.
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

I'm having problem with the game's palette when playing it with Brutal Doom:
Spoiler: HUGE ASS IMAGE!
I tried to remove the palette of BTSX but that really fucked up everything with colors.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Solution: don't play it with Brutal Doom.

Alternatively, go convert all of Brutal Doom's graphics to PNG format.
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

I'll just remove BD then.
cauldron

Post by cauldron »

I downloaded this a while ago but wanted to give it a good play through.

Well it looks good, sounds nice, flows well and plays great!
To everybody who contributed to it, nice job :)
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

i came to bump this to say "thank you for making this...because i am having a blast". this is one of the slickest packs ive played in a long time, the detail is amazing without being gimmickey, the music is dope and different.
im in love, you deserved the award this year.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

LostSkull wrote:I'm having problem with the game's palette when playing it with Brutal Doom:
Spoiler: HUGE ASS IMAGE!
I tried to remove the palette of BTSX but that really fucked up everything with colors.
Just use Brutal Doom SE.
Spoiler:
Everything is working pretty well for me so far, enjoying map, haven't quite hit the central "hub" area yet though.

I do have to say that the water texture looks more "gooey/slime" than it does water.
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

You're using GZDoom, that has truecolor.

Return to “Levels”