[Fixed] Multiple Keys : 2.0.63a

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
HotWax

Change Needed : Multiple Keys : 2.0.63a

Post by HotWax »

Ok, let's not turn this into the flamewar the last one was. The bottom line is this will not harm ANYTHING and it will make my mod fucking WORK, so it needs to be changed.

In single-player and coop, you can pick up as many of the same key as you like. Hooray. In deathmatch, you can't pickup keys at all. Boo. You already have all the keys, so what harm is there in being able to pick up multiples of the same type? Change, pretty please.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

In coop you can pick up each key only once and it remains on the map so that other players can pick it up, too. In Deathmatch it's the same. You can only pick up a key if you don't have it (if it gets spawned that is...) but I guess that taking away all the keys in Deathmatch is not an option for your mod.
Your suggestion might work but only if the key gets removed after being picked up. (I'm guessing that you need it for some script execution so it should be sufficient, right?)

Alternatively though you can create a DECORATE pickup that looks like the key and handle the specific stuff with that.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Actually, removing the keys is a viable option and the one we're going ahead and using now.

The key stays, but executes the script and can be removed from there, so it's no problem.
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Fixed.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”