[tool] TEXTURES Creator 1.4

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nash

Re: [tool] TEXTURES Creator 1.3

Post by Nash »

Hey MaxEd sorry for the bump but I was wondering if you can add an option to scale by a factor instead of size. For example, I don't know what the final dimensions of my hundreds of textures will be. I just want them all scaled by a factor of 2, 4, whatever... can this be done? :D
MaxED

Re: [tool] TEXTURES Creator 1.4

Post by MaxED »

Yes
Nash

Post by Nash »

Good to know! I await the new version. :D
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

errr... check the first post... its already here...
Nash

Post by Nash »

Oops must have missed that. YAY THANKS <3
Leonard2

Post by Leonard2 »

Just some small typos
typos.png
DoomerMrT

Post by DoomerMrT »

hi,

I still use this program a lot, and I think this might be a useful feature:

-make a checkbox named "Ignore file extension" to parse all files in working directory regardless of their extension (When I use this program, only the needed files can be found there anyway)

I extracted my paletted graphics from my wad and they come with .lmp extension. As such, Textures Creator refuses to recognize them as images.

I know it is possible to convert lmp to a true image format, but this would be a convenient feature without the need to make an unnecessary conversion.

Maybe disable "Don't add image if it's size is smaller than scaled size" when the ignore file extension checkbox is ticked in. (so the program won't try to analize files as images errorously for their size)
This is also useful to make the program more effective, since you don't need to parse the files at all when you are scaling by factor (knowing the filenames are enough)

Another maybe useful feature:

Ability to import a txt file containing a list of names to be processed. When using this list, only factor scaling is allowed. This is useful so you don't need the actual files to generate the textures lump.

The txt file is simple, just containing the names for the textures lump generation:

Code: Select all

TROOA1
TROOA2
TROOA3
FATTA2A8

And another :P

Ability to set offset. Useful for a bunch of same sized sprites for example (my usage is 35FPS weapons, so given the same image size, the offset stays the same for all images as well).

Thanks for your time and effort!
TABAR

Post by TABAR »

just found TEXTURES Creator 1.4. it will not run under vista(i know it's old, lost hard drive and had to use a backup) will it run in vista? have .net 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 and 4.5.2

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”