Jimmyfonts!

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Tormentor667

Re: Jimmyfonts!

Post by Tormentor667 »

Awesome work Jimmy, trhe Gothic font is amazing :)
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

Hey Jimmy, I found another font which I think would suit TOTLM3 perfectly. Below is the link:

http://www.dafont.com/lycanthrope.font

I was looking over the font with a friend whom I'm working with to help with the project, and they felt the "Lycanthrope" font would be more suited for the wad.
Let me know what you think.

-Alando1
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I am really tempted to add a FONT repo to the Realm667, just because I think this work deserves even more attention :)
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Tormentor667 wrote:I am really tempted to add a FONT repo to the Realm667, just because I think this work deserves even more attention :)
Given how Jimmy's the only bloke working on these fonts, I wouldn't be surprised if 99.9% of the submissions are from Jimmy. :lol:
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

It would be nice to give Mechadon's fonts a home where they might be used more widely, too. I'll ask him if he's okay with the idea, but I do support a font repository of some kind. :)

Anyway, here's what I have for TotLM3's Lycanthrope font.
lycanfont_fin.png
lycanfont_fin.png (5.28 KiB) Viewed 2304 times
Took me a while to get all the glyphs looking right (they never do first time, but this one involved doing a lot of them over from scratch) in terms of shape, but the shading was super-easy. :P

Frownload

edit: updated
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Jimmy wrote:It would be nice to give Mechadon's fonts a home where they might be used more widely, too. I'll ask him if he's okay with the idea, but I do support a font repository of some kind. :)
Just let me know about the result. If he's fine, I will just spend some time to put this online :)
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

Excellent work, Jimmy! The lycanthrope font looks awesome! A job well done :)

Thank you again for your help :)

-Alando1
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Tormentor667: Just posted the proposition to him and awaiting his response. :)

Alando1: Cool, no problem. :D Do let me know how it looks in-game. I might just add a little 1-pixel gap before each of the lowercase characters because they can kinda get a little hard to distinguish at times. What say you?

EDIT: Updated it anyway because I am bastard. The whole font should just look better now. :P
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Update from Mechadon:
Mechadon wrote:If Torm wants to add my fonts to his repository, he can find all of my released ones here. He's welcome to add all of them, just so long as credit is given we credit is due...I'm sure he will though :). Also maybe a disclaimer that anything released prior to "Phu" is probably going to look god-awful in game (well, maybe with the exception of Catharsis, which I think looks pretty good...ironically it was one of the first font sets I made).
Looks like you're good to go, Tormentor. :)
Woolie Wool
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

Tormentor667 wrote:I am really tempted to add a FONT repo to the Realm667, just because I think this work deserves even more attention :)
If you want you can copy my ECWolf tech demo smallfont to the repository as well, but the bigfont was made by Kinsie so you'd have to ask him about that one.
Jimmy wrote:It would be nice to give Mechadon's fonts a home where they might be used more widely, too. I'll ask him if he's okay with the idea, but I do support a font repository of some kind. :)

Anyway, here's what I have for TotLM3's Lycanthrope font.
It might be interesting to see this font in Quake, since it has a Quake-like Q glyph and would sort of fit the Lovecraftian theme.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Wohoooo :) now as I am not very used to the custom fonts, what do you think is necessary for modders to know, when they want to browse through the fonts and find an appropriate one for their mod? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Gez

Post by Gez »

I'd say preview of the font characters and maybe a screenshot of it in use.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Here's how I think it should be on your repository:

Type (SmallFont, BigFont, ConFont)
Format (FONTDEFS, FON2, CONFONT)
Replaces (if it's a smallfont and replaces the glyphs present in the IWADs)
Size (vertical pixel size)
Paletted (Yes/No - can apply to FONTDEFs-defined fonts, but not FON2s or CONFONTs)
Kerning (number of pixels between characters, usually 0, 1 or -1)
Lower-cases included (Yes/No)
Individual glyphs included (Yes/No - this should probably be mandatory and I'll endeavor to include the original glyphs, or if not the .pcx I used to turn them into a FON2)
Sample graphics included (Yes/No - like ones for the menu/intermission that come with the font so it can be loaded without the modder having to make any new ones)

Created by (author name, obviously)
Original font (if applicable, specify the original TTF used to make the font)

Plus a preview of the characters, as Gez suggested, but perhaps (as it doesn't really matter where they're used) just a string of characters, like:

ABCDEFGHIJKLM
NOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Also, it should probably be required that they come in one of either WADs or PK3s. I've been terrible and have done them in both. :P
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Finally found that fucking font I used to make the Jenocide font. It's called "Archery Black". I'm posting that here so it's immortalized in internetspace forever and I never forget it for years again.

As such, I've finally done lowercase glyphs for it. This update also slightly improves some of the original glyphs, so please use this in future. :)
jenocide_lower.png
jenocide_lower.png (4.67 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
Downlard

edit: updirted
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Well, thanks for the tipps Jimmy, I just opened the forum but haven't added any fonts yet to the repo. Would you mind posting one example to http://www.realm667.com/board/viewforum.php?f=47 that I can include and start with so people know what they have to take care of?

Return to “Resources”