Jimmyfonts!

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Jimmyfonts!

Post by Jimmy »

This here's my font thread. I'll link to anything I think will be found useful here. :)

MAJOR EDIT: Drastically overhauled this post as of 31/12/15!!! Happy new year!

Doom style fonts

Replacements for the standard Doom message font that you can autoload when you run ZDoom with your favorite PWADs. Although note that these will display improperly if a loaded PWAD only replaces the uppercase glyphs.

Id

This is a FON2 version of the original Doom message font.
Contains white and inverted white variants, plus ones with 1px kerning.

Caution: This version of the font translates/recolors differently to the way the standard graphical Doom font does. Use the white variant(s) for maximum translation compatibility.

Download Id font

Id Condensed

A FON2 version of our old friend the Doom message font, complete with lowercases.
Contains red and white variants, plus ones with 1px kerning and the original uppercases.
Also contains graphical glyphs for use with the original Doom message font.

Caution: The FON2 versions of this font translate/recolor differently to the way the graphical version of this font does. For the FON2 types, use the white variant(s) for maximum translation compatibility.

Download Id Condensed font

DBigFont variants

A whole buncha edits of the standard Doom BigFont (15 variants). Includes ones with drop shadow, no outline, plus all the different styles seen in the thumbnail below.

Download DBigFont variants

Id Big

Replaces the whole message font with the 1px-larger variant from Doom 2's CREDIT pic.

Download Id Big font

Id Upper

Uses the 1px-larger variant for uppercase letters, numbers and certain punctuation marks only.

Download Id Upper font

Id Upper Bold

As above, but extends most of the lowercase letters by 1px in width as well.

Download Id Upper Bold font

Id Shadowed

Simplifies the shading on the default Doom message font and replaces the outline with a simple drop shadow.
EDIT 12 Sep 2016 by Jimmy: I removed the BigFont version of this font. There is a better version of it present in the DBigFont Variants pack, listed above.

Download Id Shadowed font

Smallfont:

DSmallFont Square

A variant of the Doom smallfont which is totally square.
EDIT 12 Sep 2016 by Jimmy: I removed the BigFont version of this font. There is a better version of it present in the DBigFont Variants pack, listed above.

Download DSmallFont Square font

Status Report

An extension of the font found on Doom's status bar.

Status Report: This comes with five variants including: the main one (pictured), with lower-case glyphs, red with lower-case glyphs, and two variants of the font used for the ammo counter text on the status bar, one without lower-case glyphs, one without.

Status Report Big: Comes in grey, red, blue, and green, plus shadowed variants of each, plus variants with lowercase letters. 16 variants total.

Download Status Report font
Download Status Report Big font

Nought Point Four

Based on the font found on a graphic in the Doom 0.4 alpha. Comes in 3 variants: the one seen below, one with a dark blue outline, and one with outline and correct kerning.

Download Nought Point Four font

Doom 93

The unused Doom font from 1993 that John Romero recently posted to his Twitter. Features monospaced and kerned variants with a few minor consistency edits.

Download Doom 93 font

Duke Nukem

You all know this one. Recolored and retouched to better fit Doom's color palette.

Download Duke Nukem Small font
Download Duke Nukem Big font
Download Duke Nukem Atomic font

Smallfont:

Bigfonts:

Custom fonts

Jenocide

This is the font I used in my Skulltag multiplayer mapset Jenocide. Original "Archery Black" by ShyFonts. Each font comes in four variants: red, gold, blue and green, all Doom-paletted. (Note that unlike the smallfonts', the bigfonts' colors won't change depending on your WAD's palette due to how FON2 fonts' color information is stored.)

Download Jenocide Small font
Download Jenocide Bold font
Download Jenocide Big font

Smallfonts:
Image Image

Bigfont:

ZDoom 2012

A font inspired by the ZDoom logo (and a little bit by the Descent font apparently, heh).

The bigfont comes in red and dark green colors.

Download ZDoom 2012 font
Download ZDoom 2012 Upper font
Download ZDoom 2012 Big font

Smallfonts:
Image Image

Bigfont:

Diet Log

A font based off the status bar from Shadowcaster.

Download Diet Log font

Diogenes

A spiky, slight Turok-esque font. Original by Apostrophic Labs. Made for Temple of the Lizardmen 3, but not used.

Download Diogenes font

Lycanthrope

A decorative, tribal font. Original by Sinister Visions. Made for and featured in Temple of the Lizardmen 3!

Download Lycanthrope font

Apostasy

Here's a random serif-y handwriting-y font I made ages ago, improved to fit better with Heretic. Variants include one with a black outline instead of a drop shadow, and a variant of the outlined font with 1px kerning. Featured in DemonSteele!

Download Apostasy font

Gargoyle Wing

A random gothic bigfont. Original called "Tie Wing" by Boba Fonts. Smallfont variation provided by NeuralStunner.

Download Gargoyle Wing font
Download Gargoyle Wing Small font

Bigfont:

Smallfont:

Teevee Dark and Teevee Gold

The font used in the CREDIT pic in Revolution! by Thomas van der Velden. Three variants: the dark red used in the original, a much lighter gold, and a shadowed variant of this gold which is recommended for maximised readability.

Download Teevee Gold font

Miniplicity

A smallfont version of the bigfont from Ultimate Simplicity. Comes with six variants: grey, white, and "Valiant green", and a shadowed variant (more condensed) of each of these colors. Kerned variants of the outlined ones are also available.

Download Miniplicity font

Tormentstein 3D

Based on the bigfont from Wolfenstein 3D. Made for Tormentor667's "WolfenDoom: Blade of Agony" project. Variants include the noisy version (pictured), the smooth version, and properly-kerned variants of both of these.

Download Tormentstein 3D font

MemenTwo

The font used in Memento Mori II's level names. Comes in three variants each - regular, shadowed, outlined.

Download Mementwo Big font
Download Mementwo Small font

Bigfont:

Smallfont:

Enlightening

The font used in Darkening E2's level names. Comes in two variants each - regular, anti-aliased (by Cage! megathanks to him :D).

Download Enlightening Big font
Download Enlightening Small font

Bigfont:

Smallfont:

Minecraftia

The in-game font used by Minecraft. Comes in both 1x and 2x size variants (for smallfonts and bigfonts!), plus three colors: plain B&W, silver (gradient) and red (gradient).

Download Minecraftia fonts

Quake 2 Small

This is a FON2 version of the Quake 2 message font.

Variants include: default, outlined, no monospacing, outlined + no monospacing, outlined + no monospacing + kerning, no monospacing + shadowed, no monospacing + red shadowed.

Download Quake 2 Small font

Simply Unreal

The Unreal message font. Comes with and without lowercases.
Red version recolored manually, uses Doom palette.
"Condensed" version features slightly narrower characters, plus misc. minor edits.
"UNRC_R" is more or less identical to the message font found in Ultimate Simplicity.

Download Simply Unreal font

Solid Snake

Made for the recently released Mayhem 1600 megawad and based off the font "Techno Hideo" by TracerTong, found on dafont.com. Both come in gold and orange variants.

Download Solid Snake Small font
Download Solid Snake Big font

Last edited by Jimmy on Fri May 12, 2017 7:28 am, edited 53 times in total.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [Autoload] Doom message font with upper & lower cases

Post by Hellser »

Nice work, Jimmy. Downloading it into my resource folder for later. I think we all could see some use outta this.
Jimmy

Re: [Autoload] Altered Doom message fonts

Post by Jimmy »

Updated the first post with a third font. :)
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

And another one. :3:
Uboa

Post by Uboa »

I'm currently using these, and these are in my 'skins' folder. Nice work, Jimmy.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Excellent, I was wanting something like this for Reelism.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Cool, thanks, guys. :) I'm thinking of doing a Doomified Chex font and maybe the Square font as well. Any takers?
oODemonologistOo

Post by oODemonologistOo »

Hmm when I used your 4th font in OP, the brackets were missing in Skulltag. They don't show up somehow.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Hmm. No idea why that'd happen - works for me. Try redownloading? Maybe? :?
Uboa

Post by Uboa »

Also to note that the third font in OP is missing the uppercase Y. It appears as an I. I'm pretty sure it's the third one, it's the one I'm using.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Umm, I don't think it does, actually. Testing it in-game reveals that both the uppercase and lowercase "Y" display properly.

The problem you're experiencing probably comes from the fact that the lowercase "y" (STCFN121) shares its lumpname with the | character in doom2.wad (which is also STCFN121). Just make sure that | character is not included in your WAD, or it will cause problems. When it is called upon to be displayed, ZDoom will simply draw a blank space.
oODemonologistOo

Post by oODemonologistOo »

I just noticed the bug I reported applies to bigfont ones, the "[" and "]" are missing in bigfont.
Uboa

Post by Uboa »

Jimmy wrote:Umm, I don't think it does, actually. Testing it in-game reveals that both the uppercase and lowercase "Y" display properly.

The problem you're experiencing probably comes from the fact that the lowercase "y" (STCFN121) shares its lumpname with the | character in doom2.wad (which is also STCFN121). Just make sure that | character is not included in your WAD, or it will cause problems. When it is called upon to be displayed, ZDoom will simply draw a blank space.
So I can't use that with WADs that replace that character, or else it'll replace the uppercase Y?
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Uboa: Yes, I think so.

Demonologist: Ah, okay, I'll fix that. :)
Gez

Post by Gez »

Jimmy wrote:The problem you're experiencing probably comes from the fact that the lowercase "y" (STCFN121) shares its lumpname with the | character in doom2.wad (which is also STCFN121).
That's an error from Id Software's part. ZDoom will fix it if the font contains STCFN120 (x), STCFN122 (z) and then you can use STCFN124 (the proper ASCII value) for |. It's all explained on [wiki]FONTDEFS[/wiki].

Return to “Resources”