Krazy Kate! Adventures of Light & Darkness

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Re: Crazy Kate! Adventures of Light & Darkness

Post by Kate »

It's an alternate fire for the Star Wand. I was using the primary fire to show off the sound change I made, as it now plays different sounds depending on how much power you have left in the weapon. The alternate fires now have their own special sounds.
printz

Post by printz »

The video reminds me of Heretic E2M3. And the Demon "gohhhhh" pain sounds are hilarious.
ClonedPickle

Post by ClonedPickle »

Yes, that's considerably better. Can't wait to understand what the hell's going on (read: play the mod)!

Plus, the pain sounds seem more consistent with the rest of her sounds. So that's double better!
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

After watching the video, I realized that I really must have this.
printz

Post by printz »

The default Doom assets don't fit this mod at all, and I'm totally bored of Revenants and such too, let alone the kind of icky techbase level shown in the first video.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Well, half of her screenshots are in the same style as the custom assets shown in the gameplay videos, so I'm guessing the default Doom textures and demons haven't been replaced yet, and we're looking at a TC. Folks just, understandably, wanted to see some gameplay.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Actually it's like Psychic, or what Psychic is supposed to end up at, anyway. It's own thing, but it can be used for a gameplay mod as well.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

o'reilly? I guess the tree was a necessary prop, then. So what's with the custom maps? Will there be map pack, but otherwise you can use it as a weapon mod thing?
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

I'll eventually be replacing the doom demons with hand-drawn enemies to match the weapons and items. The main thing right now is that I need to figure out designs for them. I don't really have many ideas right now, only for the final boss and what the general groups are going to be like.

The most common enemies you'll encounter are the comically evil types, denoted by their black and red and generally "evil" color schemes. They're like hissies and the little red men with pitchforks sort of forces, only cuter. I want to replace the zombie types entirely since it's kind of difficult to make them comical (well, intentionally, anyway), but I'm not sure what they're going to be replaced with.

The bosses, I'm honestly not sure. They'll probably start out being mechs and the like. Eventually Shadows will start coming into play, but only in the late game.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

Is the development on this thing planned to be finished by a specific date? Or, at least, a sample release in the middle of the development? I feel like I need to unleash my feminine side which lies deep inside of my immortal soul. So many pretty colors.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Feminine side? Excuse me? This is more the type of style where you should roll back your age to when you were about 10. (It actually reminds me of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi Island, in a good way)
As for a release date? I'd think When It's Done (tm) is the appropriate response.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

People can say what they like. Sometimes I suffer from extreme curiosity. So, don't mind me. And as for the whole "feminine side" thing, I guess I thought that what I saw in the mod was something that would be in a television program for eight year old girls or something (which doesn't bother me). And isn't Kate (the character in the mod) a female? I just assumed this had feminine elements included and whatnot. I'm sorry, then. I really need to stop assuming things. :glare:

My apologies.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

It's only "feminine" in the same way that, say, Kirby is.

Admittedly, I'm not sure if citing a pink fluffball as evidence is particularly helping whatever case. :P
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

KIRBY IS MANLY. 8-)
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Real men wear pink.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”