Samsara - No longer under active development.

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Solstar

Re: Samsara - 0.3 - I can't drive at .30, man.

Post by Solstar »

President People wrote:Heh. Prepare to either be disappointed, or orgasm from Caleb's mere presence: http://www.**LINK_DISABLED**.org/download?file= ... .1ob3z.pk3
it doesn't work,both zdom and zandronum,i have this error:

Code: Select all

Script error, "samsara_extraheroesv1.1ob3z.pk3:decorate/freeley/player.txt" line 163:
Unknown identifier 'SAMSARA_CLIENT_DECORATE'
Script error, "samsara_extraheroesv1.1ob3z.pk3:decorate/freeley/player.txt" line 208:
Unknown identifier 'SAMSARA_CLIENT_DECORATE'
Script error, "samsara_extraheroesv1.1ob3z.pk3:decorate/freeley/player.txt" line 415:
Parent type 'ZombiemanDisintegrate' not found in FreelyDisintegrate
Script error, "samsara_extraheroesv1.1ob3z.pk3:decorate/bstone/pistol.txt" line 1:
Parent type 'InstantSwitchWeapon' not found in Auto Charge Pistol
Script error, "samsara_extraheroesv1.1ob3z.pk3:decorate/bstone/pistol.txt" line 3:
"weapon.selectionorder" requires an actor of type "Weapon"

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "samsara_extraheroesv1.1ob3z.pk3:decorate/bstone/pistol.txt" line 3:
Unexpected '1899' in definition of 'Auto Charge Pistol'
if its an addon..how do i use it together with the main samsara?
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

The add-on rely on an extremely old version of Samsara to work properly.

Personally...
Spoiler:
Solstar

Post by Solstar »

iSpook wrote:The add-on rely on an extremely old version of Samsara to work properly.

Personally...
Spoiler:
heh trust me after i tried classic rivalry i can try anything.but to get an old version just to get two more characters i don't know if its gonna worth it.is there something else similar to this?
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

I would just go on doomseeker and find a server that's active with the addon characters and download it from there. All of the addon versions require the Zandonum version of Samsara because of the ACS architecture involved. You could port them though if you had the patience.
Solstar

Post by Solstar »

blackfish wrote:I would just go on doomseeker and find a server that's active with the addon characters and download it from there. All of the addon versions require the Zandonum version of Samsara because of the ACS architecture involved. You could port them though if you had the patience.
i did that and it worked,i even played some online matches,though i don't get where dooseeker store its files after the download.

i was lloking around and i found this..aeons of death.does it has,as some people stated,every weapon from all 2d fps ever?i'd like to get some "in pursuit of greed" weapons but i haven't seen any on the various trailers
Silentdarkness12

Re: Samsara - No longer under active development.

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Anyone ever wonder where this thing went? The Samsara new character ACS template.

https://www.copy.com/s/t%3ApoUYYRDFPx9z ... mplate.pk3

Link posted with Terminus's permission.
Solstar

Post by Solstar »

any tutorial on how to use it,or add characters?
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Solstar wrote:any tutorial on how to use it,or add characters?
It's pretty easy to use; just get DOOM, place this and DOOM in your ZDoom/GZDoom/Zandronum folder and drag and drop Samsara over the ZDoom/GZDoom/Zandronum .exe file.

As for tutorials, there aren't any that I'm aware or. Plus, judging from what Terminus says, this mods code is so messy it's not worth the time to make a new character.
Solstar

Post by Solstar »

well i don't want exactly to create a new character,but rather use the ones that are already on classic rivalry.if that's even possible of course
Silentdarkness12

Solstar wrote:well i don't want exactly to create a new character,but rather use the ones that are already on classic rivalry.if that's even possible of course
Classic Rivalry was meant with multiplayer in mind. Unless you went and rebalanced them for singleplayer and multiplayer, it's not gonna be that great.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Solstar wrote:or add characters?
It's right there in the .pk3.
Silentdarkness12

TerminusEst13 wrote:
This. You're just one SLADE(/pk3 editor of choice) opening away. : P

I already took a look in. Takes a good deal of the guesswork out as far as acs is concerned. Of course, that still leaves all the sprites, sounds and DECORATEs.
Solstar

Post by Solstar »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:
TerminusEst13 wrote:
This. You're just one SLADE(/pk3 editor of choice) opening away. : P

I already took a look in. Takes a good deal of the guesswork out as far as acs is concerned. Of course, that still leaves all the sprites, sounds and DECORATEs.
so i need this SLADE editor to add characters?again.keep in mind i'm just going to recycle those characters from cr to samsara(or viceversa,whatever is easier)so i guess half of the job is done...i suppose?again a tutorial step by step would be super cool
Silentdarkness12 wrote:
Solstar wrote:well i don't want exactly to create a new character,but rather use the ones that are already on classic rivalry.if that's even possible of course
Classic Rivalry was meant with multiplayer in mind. Unless you went and rebalanced them for singleplayer and multiplayer, it's not gonna be that great.
i know but it will be for a personal\friends use,so it doesn't matter about true balance
Silentdarkness12

@Solstar You would need to define every single entity, or as the DECORATE code calls it, an Actor, related to that character first. This is everything from the player itself to the weapons, to the projectiles, to the ultimate. I would highly reccommend you go through the ZDoom wiki, and use it as your guide in accomplishing it. The only things I imagine you wouldn't need to make are the ammo types and powerups....
Solstar

Post by Solstar »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:@Solstar You would need to define every single entity, or as the DECORATE code calls it, an Actor, related to that character first. This is everything from the player itself to the weapons, to the projectiles, to the ultimate. I would highly reccommend you go through the ZDoom wiki, and use it as your guide in accomplishing it. The only things I imagine you wouldn't need to make are the ammo types and powerups....
ok i need to create the classes from scratch i got that,but i was stating that i don't need to rip the resources myself,as CR has already the sprites,sounds etc of the classes i need,i .."just" need to put them in samsara or viceversa.

i took a look at both files with SLADE,and it seems that each dev use a different way to categorize ..well everything.some character have a folder,others doesn't,some have a psrites folders,other doesn'nt,sometimes on the same wad

which parts exactly do i need to check on the zdoom wiki for what i need to accomplish?is it any easier to do on zandronum?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”