Samsara - No longer under active development.

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
TerminusEst13

Re: Samsara - v0.19 - Hail to the Duke, baby.

Post by TerminusEst13 »

you seem to be able to switch to your melee weapon via the weaponscroll function, even if you don't have the weapon yet.
Can you elaborate, please? I just tried this and wasn't able to get the Chainsaw/Bootspork/Gauntlets via weapon scroll. If you're referring to the default melee weapons, like the Mace/Knife/Fist/Staff/Mighty Boot/Bootspoon, chars start out with them now!
also... did you buff the monsters from Chex Quest or what? and i certainly don't remember that blob of dialogue Lord Snotfolus spat out before. O_o
I did, aye. Chex Quest enemies are a complete joke gameplay-wise, and since there's next to no mods compatible with vanilla Chex Quest 3, I buffed the enemies pretty hardcore--mostly just more HP and faster attacks, but a few enemies have more damage.
Now you're actually in threat of dying! And now Lord Snotfolus is actually a challenge! :D
Having tested out the dukester, his crowd-clearing weapons aren't so effective against those boss enemies (spider mastermind and cyberdemon, for instance)
Hhmm. I think this is due to how most of his weapons are explosive, which bosses are immune to. Since the Devastator is supposed to be ultimate, do you think forcing radius damage would help with that?
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Forcing radius damage on the devastator's shots should help against those boss enemies, then again, those boss enemies are few and far in between except in those slaughtermap-style megawads; there, there is at least one cyberdemon per level in the later levels.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i'd second the notion of forcing radius damage on boss enemies. Duke can clear out every other enemy pretty well provided there is ammo for the right type of weapons for him (lets just say that Hunted is a minor pain in the ass to do and that Plutiona 2's equivalent is a complete nightmare playing as Duke Nukem on...).

i'd actually love to play Chex Quest mapsets with this mod, but as you said, there's next to no singleplayer mappacks available. killing Flemoids has to be some of the most satisfying gameplay i've ever experienced the last couple weeks.

also, if characters start out with melee weapons now, that means that BJ can switch to the knife without him even having it. and, Duke can switch to the Mighty Boot weapon with the scrollwheel function. quite annoying when trying to switch to pipebombs, in other words.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

TerminusEst13 wrote:Hhmm. I think this is due to how most of his weapons are explosive, which bosses are immune to. Since the Devastator is supposed to be ultimate, do you think forcing radius damage would help with that?
Yes.
I actually ran out of ammo while fighting Snotfolus as Duke and had to finish him off with the pistol. Thankfully he was already almost dead, his spawns are really weak, and Duke's pistol is actually pretty good anyway.
FireSeraphim

Post by FireSeraphim »

I wish to report a weird bug where sabreclaws and sometimes other Heretic enemies vanish roughly a few seconds after they start moving.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

also, if characters start out with melee weapons now, that means that BJ can switch to the knife without him even having it.
Intentional. B.J. starts with the knife. He gets a better knife as his I. :D
I wish to report a weird bug where sabreclaws and sometimes other Heretic enemies vanish roughly a few seconds after they start moving.
That...is very much a critical bug. I'm going to end up releasing 0.2 a lot sooner than I thought, then.
Likely tomorrow or the day after.
TerminusEst13

Re: Samsara - v0.2 - WHOOPS CRITICAL BUG FIXES

Post by TerminusEst13 »

And there. 0.2 is done and released.
Some very game-breaking and a few very persistent bugs were fixed in this update. Plenty more remain, of course, but some of the nastiest ones were addressed--I'm a bit embarrassed that some even turned up in a first place, since a few were just because of forgetfulness and carelessness.

But, well, still. Progress, progress, progress, one step closer to a better product all around. Thank you all for your patience and contributions.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

- The Freezethrower shots no longer damage Duke
- Deployed pipebombs can no longer be shot up or picked up
Mind if I take a crack at these two? Freezethrower shots CAN damage Duke but they will still continue past him unless I can really figure out something else, but I can make that work. The second one sounds tougher.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Please, go right ahead! I've not been able to figure them out, I'd appreciate any and all help on the matter.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

How I've managed shrapnel that hurts the player but still counts for multiplayer correctly is how I'd pull off the frezethrower shots. Basically, the projectile is big enough where a tiny A_Explode will not reach actors normally. You can use this to injure Duke as the projectile passes through him. The pipebombs are gonna be trickier but I swore I could set +shootable on these things. I think the problem is you'd also need them to be solid (which could be set when it's done bouncing I suppose?) Probably would want +noautoaim on them too. I'll look at the code and see if I can patch it up so that these work.
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

May I ask for something, is there going to be more classes
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Yes. I'm not quite at Zandronum's limit yet.
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

Fricking Sweet
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

Minor nitpick about frost shards: in Hexen, the melee attack doesn't "grab" enemies or spawn blood (it behaves more like a short-range bullet attack with +BLOODLESSIMPACT than A_CustomPunch). I'm finding it hard to adjust to.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Hhhmmm. All right, I'll see what I can do about that, thank you.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”