[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
cyber-menace

Post by cyber-menace »

Ack, so many missing words in replies... anyways... I agree on the subject of something well done being more important than something being done on time, but nobody can really argue Tormentor's point because it is a very good point indeed.

EDIT: Looks like I started this page Risen.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

hmm, that PSD is a little different than i had hoped...

ZDoom's PNG support can handle translucency can't it?
impClaw

Post by impClaw »

Can't you make a convertion for e2 and e3, or maybe doom II.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

impClaw wrote:Can't you make a convertion for e2 and e3, or maybe doom II.
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=3920

Also, see discussion earlier in this very thread.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Risen wrote:Weren't you supposed to have music for us before Christmas?
Urm, I said I'd try to do it if and when I had a computer that worked... I still don't have a computer that works...

It's irritating that I can't do a simple task as re-doing the intermission music, but then, life does suck. I'd love to attempt it, but as my computer is imcapable then it's not gonna happen... When I have a computer that will run my software, everyone will know about it, trust me ;).

:twisted:
fuzzyfireball 1

Post by fuzzyfireball 1 »

TheDarkArchon wrote:How about an intepretation of the manual's story as a TITLEMAP. That would be sweet.
Spoiler: For those of you who don't know the story
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/38280 Just browsing the internet and found this.I thought it was pretty cool. 8-)
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Hmmm, interesting :)
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

fuzzyfireball 1

Post by fuzzyfireball 1 »

That zombie part where he wakes up was preety cool. 8-)
be cool if you could do that in zdoom.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

You probably could with alot of ACS
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

the TITLEMAP will be more than just an animated version of that pic torm sent me...
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Bio-can You plz show the pic?
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

lets see, at the current rate of production (secsofvid = (DBminutes/50)) i should be done in about 12 hours

and then i get to do the part you all know im doing (which should take another 12 hours)

so expect it in 2 days max
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Now I'm all for the Intro to the game, done the real way. There are many reasons why we should have a decent story in some way

-The re-made levels posses much greater ammount of reality
-A story builds up the atmosphere in a better way
-Doom's story, altough bland, has been in many mods, meaning it is somewhat classic
-we are remaking Doom, so why not the story?
-would only attract more attention and hype

Now there are several ways of implementing the story, altough which one would be the "best" is a puzzle. Here are my proposals of the method of implementing the intro of KDIZD:

1. Make it via Doom's engine-marines, smart-ass scripting, and such. This one is presumably the easiest methods, altough not as effective as anything else, because being it's hard to come up with something very realistic with a bunch of sprites. We would have to do it in a very moody way .. :roll: but so we did with all maps.

2.Pictures. Since I am improving in art I could draw pictures of marines fighting their way trough the installation and stuff, then Taggart finally approaching the base and such, place them on doom-screenshots (which I would also remake, like let's say-shadows, details, specs and reflections, or heck, I could draw them from scratch. Why I *could*? Because at the moment the ammount of studying I have (not only in art ;) is overwhelming. It would take almost 2-3 weeks to do this stuff, plus, there would be a lot of showing the pictures off to recieve all comments from You people. The implementation would be dead-easy (just hudmessages). The biggest "vacation from studying" starts on 14th February :cry: so it's not an option.

3.Photos or CG-this is as obvious as it sounds. You could either force Your younger brother to dress as a marine and capture photos and put the marines on Doom screenshots as Backgrounds-that way we would use the method ID would use for 80% if they wanted to make an intro this way-cuz that's their way-photos and photoediting-that's the way they done most texs and weapons. CG is simpler-someone could use the Doom Marine from Quake 3 as a base, rip, put on screenshots and voila.

So? Any toughts?
We would also need Lexus to make us some moody intro-tunes and some voice actors and puff-KDIZD is more than legendary.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

how about you let me finish what ive got before getting someone else to make another intro

Return to “Levels”