[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Suggestion for a titlemap:

Have a camera float around lots of action between monsters and marines in e1m1 or some other better looking map.

Or not
Risen

Post by Risen »

Torm: Very nice, but it isn't palletized, is it? I fear it'll destroy it when it is.

Hmm... making it move... it would be possible, but also one hell of a lot of work to have it split up like that.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Nmn wrote:
Nmn wrote:
Sorry, but I'm a bit green in this stuff, besides I got other things to worry about so if anyone explained me how can I access Krillancello's FTP (I fail to do it using Netscape) what stuff I need, where to obtain it, etc. Thanks in advance.
help?
do you use mac? If not, then do a google for a program called SmartFTP which allows you to access such FTP servers like Krillancello's. If not windows, then go to http://www.download.com , set the os in the search to mac and Search for FTP. You should come up with a program that lets you access remote FTP servers.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

How about an intepretation of the manual's story as a TITLEMAP. That would be sweet.
Spoiler: For those of you who don't know the story
Last edited by TheDarkArchon on Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

TheDarkArchon wrote:How about an intepretation of the manual's story as a TITLEMAP. That would be sweet.
There was something like that in Gooberman's Doom Chronicles (oh the irony...) an intro would be nice. Then again-isn't this all "kill and run"?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Risen - No problem about that, with some help of Adobe Photoshops filters during palettizing, the titlepic will still look great :) Already used that with "EDIV"'s title and worked fine!

@others - cutty's idea of an alternative TITLEMAP sounds interesting :) Maybe several marines, battling their way over a Phobos field of rock, stones and canyons towards an UAC installation, or even the hangar :)
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Nmn wrote:
TheDarkArchon wrote:How about an intepretation of the manual's story as a TITLEMAP. That would be sweet.
There was something like that in Gooberman's Doom Chronicles (oh the irony...) an intro would be nice. Then again-isn't this all "kill and run"?
It was Doom Arcade, but that used a demo recorded in ZDoom 1.23 and a special map set up for it.
Ninja_of_DooM

Post by Ninja_of_DooM »

Tormentor667 wrote:@others - cutty's idea of an alternative TITLEMAP sounds interesting :) Maybe several marines, battling their way over a Phobos field of rock, stones and canyons towards an UAC installation, or even the hangar :)
I made a fairly basic titlemap for my new wad showing a scene from inside the cathedral. Nothing fancy, just a moving camera script and some text credits.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

NMN: i did all the scripting and graphics work for that site. the text and pictures are Etsuko's. thats my first PHP site i have ever written and its all from scratch (thanks a lot to risen)

Torm: oooh, thats a nice TITLEPIC. making it move would be a peice of cake using skyboxes

All: i need sounds and ambient hums for places (like a really deep droning hum, i need one of those pretty bad for the M( and the titlemap)
Risen

Post by Risen »

Bio Hazard wrote:making it move would be a peice of cake using skyboxes
Good call. That could really look sweet.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

ill try to make it if i can get the PSD from torm. i had a few more ideas

torm: give me the PSD for it
impClaw

Post by impClaw »

Can't you make the wad start with a movie where you see the story...
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

Could have it start with the "Knee-Deep In ZDoom" title (I hope it's spelled out, the abreviation looks poor, IMO), then fade to an intro story (scripted) a few moments later.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

i know what im going to do already
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@BioHazard - Send me an email to tormentor667@arcor DOT de and I will reply with the PSD

Return to “Levels”