[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Macvilewhore

Post by Macvilewhore »

Those shots are almost as dark as doom3 :lol:
Risen

Post by Risen »

Krillancello wrote:Thanks to Risen's badgering, my server now supports SSH, SCP and SFTP. :P
Awesome. Thanks!
Krillancello wrote:KDiZD Devs: I encourage you to use the SCP and/or SFTP protocols, as they allow you to transfer files back and forth as if my server's directory were a local drive of your machine. :D
That's precisely why I wanted it.
Krillancello wrote:I suggest visiting OpenSSH to download the OSSH client (command-line only).
I use WinSCP.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Nightmare - I even included an OGG for that ;) And the "non-soundtrack version" has no music at all (I suggested this)

@Krillancello - Well, yeah, was time to :)

@NMN - Add an entry on your own :D

@Macvilewhore - Because there was no BFG or Plasma in Episode 1, so we added E1-Styled weapons ;)
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

Tormentor667 wrote:@Bio - I tried to contact you via ICQ and AIM, but no chance :(
i think the only time we can do that is on sundays
Risen

Post by Risen »

As of tonight, I have a fully functional intermap with all necessary parts included.
You want to see/test it now, or wait until I've polished it?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Risen - Test it now to find bugs and problems to make it perfect asap
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Tormentor667 wrote: @NMN - Add an entry on your own :D
:?: Sorry but I was kinda busy so I'm not following. What entry You're talking about boss? :|
Risen

Post by Risen »

Okay team, I present to you... the intermission!

Here's the deal.

Intermission (Beta 11 - build 20041210.0903)
Only four maps in the archive have been modded by me to work with the intermission, those being M1, M2, M5, and M8. I don't think anyone else used the "import" directions I provided earler, so those will be the only maps that work.

The resource wad now has a dummy INTERMAP lump. Be sure this gets loaded afterward.

I removed the SCRIPTS lump from the beta. If you want it, ask me, but I don't want non-team members poking at it for now.

You can PUKE 200 to feed it with dummy data. The first arg is the normal map. The sceond is the secret map(s) found. 1 is secret 1, 2 is secret 2, 3 is both. Note that you won't visit the secret map's exterior unless you've just finished the proper normal map (3 and 7, respectively). Once you puke to a later level, you can't go back to an earlier one. Sorry, but I didn't write my test script to check for this case. Time/Weather is only meant to be changed once, so after your first PUKE 200 do not be surprised if subsequent PUKES bring the lighting and skybox out of sync. To be sure to see each map as it will be seen, you must restart the map and then puke 200 only once. There is a one second delay after you close the console before the camera changes. None of these issues are bugs, they are quirks in quickly thrown together test scripts. Deal with it.

Things left to be done:
- Sound. It won't work until the next ZDoom release so I can't do much with it now.
- Building exteriors need some polish. M8 is looking pretty sad.
- Terrain. It's pretty good but still needs some work.
- Polish up the graphics, notably the hand.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Risen - Some screenshots?
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Music Resource Wad b0rked. Tried downloadind 2 times-not good :(

EDIT: :cry: Real Life again. School this time, meaning no remorse :( This is the map done so far. Looks like I won't be coming back until X-Mas.
http://ccc.1asphost.com/Sonybono/ze1m6.nmn
(rename NMN to zip and unzip :)

Report:
East-South "halls" need work
North-West Halls need work
Ammo and Item Placement untouched
So goes for enemies.

That's all. If someone could take care of the map I will be most thankful. Cheers chummers :) ... :(
Last edited by Nmn on Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Krillancello

Post by Krillancello »

Odd... my laptop can download it fine. I'm looking into it, try again just in case.

Edit: NMN's version of M6 uploaded to the FTP; I haven't seen it yet, but you did a great job I'm sure. :D

Another Edit: Whoa... funky... it linkified "FTP." o_O;
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

If your GL isn't going to be finished, NMN, pass it here. I'll work on it.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Thanks Archon.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I'm on it.

Done a flash frame already.
GeeDougg
Location: VanCity, British Colonies, Isolated Republic Of Canuckistan

Post by GeeDougg »

That's a bit of a weak flash frame if you ask me.... What's it supposed to be shooting anyway?

Return to “Levels”