[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Thanks mate, knew I can count on You. If You can't get the resource drop me a mail and I'll send it to You.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

All the resource files were compiled into one wad, which you can find here: http://twicerisen.ath.cx/dropzone/ZD1RES.zip
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

Just playing around with stackable sectors. I doubt this will remain, since there are problems not visible in this shot (caused by the floating tiles).
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

@Risen: 733 MHz (although I always say 800 for some reason), 256 MB RAM, NVIDIA TNT64 (or 32). As for your suggestions: maybe and maybe. When I get home I'll check it out, as well as see if I can toggle some things in order to increase performance.

@Tormentor: you know, I've always thought about the undo levels, but I always forgot to change them. I'll try that when I get home. The ZDCMP ran way slower than this one does. In E1M1, it's just annoying to wait ~0.75 seconds to paste a texture.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

@Nightmare: I think this should work with .63a unless all the new problems have been resolved.
Risen

Post by Risen »

Stacked sectors can only be expected to work properly with convex portal areas. The shot looks nice, though! Unfortunately I think we should stick to one way of treating all of the nukage.

There's a bug in that shot, too... SUPPORT2 should continue below the nukage.

I'm sorry, I've been so busy... I haven't had any time to get anything done and I will be away for the weekend as well.
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

Tormentor667 wrote:you have also to choose 2 other maps for week 3 and for week 2 ;) Please read my long post on page 73 (or 72, not sure about it) and you will know what to do!
Urm... misunderstanding? I was only to help NMN out, because of his time shortage. I don't think I will have enough time to sit on the other maps. I would rather like to avoid this.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

The plan was for everyone involved in round 2 to work on three different maps in three weeks, prefferably ones they hadn't previously worked on. So by taking on nmn's position, it was assumed you'd be taking on his responsibilities.
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

NiGHTMARE wrote:The plan was for everyone involved in round 2 to work on three different maps in three weeks, prefferably ones they hadn't previously worked on. So by taking on nmn's position, it was assumed you'd be taking on his responsibilities.
K. I understand. Guess we gonna have to push NMN a bit for the answer, cos he only told me to finish ZE1M3...

Btw, it's already my turn, right? I'm free to work ATM?
And who was doing this map before? Where can I find the lists?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@ellmo - Check post 1 in this thread (page one), there you will find everything needed, I always pdated this!
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

Tormentor667 wrote:@ellmo - Check post 1 in this thread (page one), there you will find everything needed, I always pdated this!
Still I think there are errors in the list. At first, NMN told me to finish of his map, but why is Dark Archon After him? Did Archon do any work on Ze1m3, cos I think He did.

And also the dates are out of date :) 25th Sep? Wasn't that a mont ago?
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I did work on E1M3. And I only chased him up because his extra week was coming to an end (He got an extra because he had an HD crash.)
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

TheDarkArchon wrote:I did work on E1M3. And I only chased him up because his extra week was coming to an end (He got an extra because he had an HD crash.)
So I'm the last working on that map... Can I reedit parts of map that will definately not fit to the final outcome? Not meaning changing architectural aspects, but adding some lights, and texture-work...
ellmo

Re: ROUND 2 RULES

Post by ellmo »

Tormentor667 wrote: E1M3
- The starting room needs detail
- There are many misalignments throughout the whole map which needs to be fixed
- The window in front of the SOULSPHERE secret looks ugly, make it more detailed with a border (check tormentor667.de 2 1/2 D Editing reference as help ;))
- The Elevator to the mines should move farther down, because if you look upwards while lowering the floor, the effect is broken because you see, you were teleported!
- The room where you get the yellow key still looks underdetailed, add some special stuff to this. Also the secret where you get to the soulsphere is too easy to reach due to the fact that you can jump in ZDoom. MAke it harder!
- The rooms before the room where you can get the yellow key look very ugly, because they are absolutely untouched and look like the original versions. Do something about it, change their overall look and add mire depth!
- There are many more untouched areas which still look like their originals, detail has to be added to them.
- Some textures have to be changed and rooms have to be enhanced (for example the NickBRIK room in front of the starting room after the elevator to the caves)
- The ending for the secret map is terrible, no detail, no depth, no atmosphere. The idea of making it a bit hellish is not bad but overall it looks very noobish (I even could count the sectors used on one hand) This has to be enhanced!
EDIT:
1 - Taken Care of.
3,5,6. - Queued :wink:
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Looking good :biggrin:

Return to “Levels”