Threshold Of Pain II - ACT 2 RELEASED

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
scalliano

Re: Threshold Of Pain II - ACT 2 RELEASED

Post by scalliano »

Blue Shadow wrote:The ToP 2's version, however, still has that issue where it can interrupt its own charging attack while attempting to chase you.
Not any more ;)
Blue Shadow wrote:
Spoiler: Some random info
Spoiler:
TheUnbeholden

Post by TheUnbeholden »

Can you do less generic bunker/UAC levels and more of the varied stuff we saw in the original? If so then I'll definitely try this again when ACT 3 releases. Otherwise, it just seems like the inferior levels 2/3/5/6 (including 6 since it was basically the same thing just with some hellish windows) of the original over and over again.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Spoiler:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

This looks so PSX :) Awesome work so far scalliano!
YukesVonFaust
Location: why the hell did they remove custom titles for this?

Post by YukesVonFaust »

scalliano wrote:
Spoiler:
YES.
Lycaon

Post by Lycaon »

Well, this is reallly cool. I loved the survival horror feeling, I almost felt like ash in The Evil Dead. It's hard to make maps like this work, you need to communicate with the player right away and let him know that there won't be much health and ammo around. So you end up using your every resource to save bullets. This is really spiced up by the melee zombie, they can swiftly swarm you and put you in dangerous situations. I always loved the idea of using your zombie scientists to swarm you in a dark lab, I was in fact going to do that in my own project, so it's a good thing that you did it first because you made the sprites after all lol. Anyways i guess someone else must have done it as well, i don't know, It's not hard to think of it after seeing all that variety of zombie models.

Overall, I'm already liking this way more than the first act.
karry299

Post by karry299 »

The maps are fun enough, and the relative scarcity of ammo feels just right, but this wad really overdoes it with the invisible enemies. What is the point of them, if they are quite literally around every corner ?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”