[Sprites] Alice Jameson's Sprite Resource (DoomGirl p.3)

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Alice Jameson

Re: [Sprites] Alice Jameson's Sprite Resource

Post by Alice Jameson »

That's not a bug. I don't think I ever replaced the fists or chainsaw. So unfortunately those are still DoomGuys.
JGskittles45

Post by JGskittles45 »

Where can I find fists retexture to where it fits doomgirl? It don't even have to be fists just like a axe or something.
Alice Jameson

Post by Alice Jameson »

Sorry for the bump but I do not have access to my account anymore. I know it's been a while since I've logged in but I've been through a lot recently, moved to an entirely different city, and have finally started to get a bit situated, this last year or two has been pretty crazy for me. Just came back on today to see what I had may have missed and things only to discover I no longer have access to my account as it appears to have been manually deactivated by someone. Is there a way for my original account to be reactivated so I can use it again?

Edit: I very thankfully have access to my account again. Now that I do, I'll be working on some things to post in this thread again. Expect some updates soon.
JoeyTD
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by JoeyTD »

Alice Jameson wrote:Sorry for the bump but I do not have access to my account anymore. I know it's been a while since I've logged in but I've been through a lot recently, moved to an entirely different city, and have finally started to get a bit situated, this last year or two has been pretty crazy for me. Just came back on today to see what I had may have missed and things only to discover I no longer have access to my account as it appears to have been manually deactivated by someone. Is there a way for my original account to be reactivated so I can use it again?

Edit: I very thankfully have access to my account again. Now that I do, I'll be working on some things to post in this thread again. Expect some updates soon.
good to see you back, Alice.
DooMGalLover69

Post by DooMGalLover69 »

Alice Jameson wrote:I'll be posting my own sprites and edits here. I hope you'll find some use in them. :) Just give credit.

DoomGirl Sprites:
Spoiler:
Duke Nukem version of Commander Keen sprites: (Edit 1/30/2012: Added sounds from Duke Nukem 1 Thanks go to NeuralStunner)
Spoiler:
DoomGirl Mugshots:
Spoiler:
Selene "DoomGirl" Player (Includes Sprites, Mugshot, and Sounds):
Spoiler:
Jazz Jackrabbit Commander Keen Replacement:
Spoiler:
Edit 12/29/2013: Replaced dead drdteam.org links with dropbox links. Please let me know if there are any issues with downloading.
Edit 8/22/2021: Fixed some broken image links.
Phenomenal. Tho is there any files without those weapon sprites?
Alice Jameson

Post by Alice Jameson »

Finally getting back to Doom stuff after being largely gone for around about a decade. Slowly working on some projects in the background again. But anyway reviving my old thread to show off something I'm currently working on. I decided to go back and do my old Female Marine sprites over again, this time using a different base. Only the first frame is done at the moment, but I'll slowly be working on it in the upcoming days. Progress will be slow but I'll update here when there's something to show.

Edit: Finished the front facing walking frames. (Or at least close to finished)

Regular DoomGuy on the left, center is my original DoomGirl attempt from way back in the day, and on the right is my current attempt. Hopefully this new one will turn out a bit better.
Attachments
Female Sprites Take 2.png
Female Sprites Take 2.png (5.55 KiB) Viewed 3746 times
RevanGarcia
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by RevanGarcia »

Although I prefer the smaller helmet, the new DoomGirl looks quite good!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I definitely prefer the newer one. When I see all three beside each other like that, the original looks too skinny to be a tough marine. Helmet-wise, it's good too. Heads don't vary in size that much between men and women.
Alice Jameson

Post by Alice Jameson »

Work on this is slowly coming along. Got most of the A and B frames done. Just juggling work on this with work, as well as occasionally playing some Skyward Sword. Was debating whether to also do the 6-8 frames but figured I'd just do the 1-5 frames to begin with, since the base game for Doom cut those extra frames anyway.

Been using DeXiaZ's female Strife player as a sort of outline. So now it's kind of a weird full circle of Strife's player being sort of traced/based on the Doom player and now this using a female Strife sprite edit as an outline for a female Doom player.

Anyways attached is the current in progress sprite sheet.
Attachments
DoomGirl WIP Sprite Sheet.png
DoomGirl WIP Sprite Sheet.png (13.77 KiB) Viewed 3560 times
Alice Jameson

Post by Alice Jameson »

Walking frames are done. I'll be working on the firing/pain/death frames soon. I may come back and tweak some of these at some point, but I'm mostly satisfied with the majority of them.
Attachments
DoomGirl WIP Sprite Sheet.png
DoomGirl WIP Sprite Sheet.png (20.32 KiB) Viewed 3435 times
Alice Jameson

Post by Alice Jameson »

Well I finally finished the female marine sprites. I meant to have this done a few months ago, but I guess I got distracted with other things going on. Not perfect, but I'm mostly satisfied with it. Anyways, here is the finished sprite sheet and a download. Also updated the download links in the first post as well as updated the female player wad in that post to use these new sprites.

Attachments
Female Marine Sprites.wad
New DoomGirl Sprites
(66.86 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Looks good to me - a nice realistically proportioned (in Doom terms anyway) female marine. Nice job. Glad you continued working on it. :thumb:
Alice Jameson

Post by Alice Jameson »

Just fixed an issue with the Female Doom Player wad that was causing problems on startup. Not sure where that person's comment went that brought that issue to my attention but it's been fixed now. Newest version is 2.1, which doesn't seem to have any startup issues or any other issues that I can see. Please let me know if you happen to experience any other issues and I'll do my best to fix them as soon as I can.

Return to “Resources”