Doom 2 Recolored Resource Pack [Unfinished]

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
-Ghost-

Re: Doom 2 Recolored Resource Pack [Unfinished]

Post by -Ghost- »

Sorry to bump this, I get a R_InstallSprite: Sprite BLUD frame F is missing rotations error while trying to use that final wad posted in OP. Is that the same problem as talked about above, or some other issue from using a much newer version of GzDoom?
IMX

Post by IMX »

The issue comes after the fact that it's not supposed to be used as a "gameplay" WAD but more like a RESOURCE wad.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Ah, okay. I've seen it used before as what appears to be just a texture replacer, so I wasn't sure if there was a form of it out there like that.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

if this resource ever gets fixed, id love to use it again.
DefconRazor32

Post by DefconRazor32 »

The only way i can fix this wad and return it into it's former golden glory is if someone can volunteer and do one of two options for me listed.

The first option is i need a volunteer to send me a link so i can learn how to convert raw textures from Slade 3 into doom's desired palette texture format.
I have tried many times to find a tutorial on youtube so that i could learn this stuff but i can't find it anymore or the other more over it doesn't exist.The second option is i need a link so i can learn how to load my sprites and convert them in Slade 3 so i can fix that stuff as well.

The R install error stuff happened cause XWE is too much of a dinosaur for me , that's the program i used to load and compile the sprites textures and other stuff and why I'm still unable to fix it and why the whole project is still unfinished. I still have some new textures I'm still working on, but they are still in the works. I haven't given up on the project completely, i just finally decided to go back into modding 2 weeks ago. if someone decides to pm me please use the Zdoom forum profile please if you decide to help me or wanna help me learn Slade 3 so i can get this project back up and running. until then I'll be leaving a folder with all the textures for someone to load up in a wad themselves in my drop box link that i left in this thread.

The old filing textures and other stuff: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1fc4jnp9n65x4 ... s.zip?dl=0

Return to “Resources”