ACS_Execute

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
cccp_leha

ACS_Execute

Post by cccp_leha »

How would use the ACS_Execute() special by going over only the front of the linedef (so it doesn't re-activate when you backtrack)?
Ultraviolet

Post by Ultraviolet »

You could have the script remove the line's special just after it is triggered so it can't be triggered again. That'd only be good if it's something you only want to happen once, though...
Cyb

Re: ACS_Execute

Post by Cyb »

cccp_leha wrote:How would use the ACS_Execute() special by going over only the front of the linedef (so it doesn't re-activate when you backtrack)?

Code: Select all

script 1 (void)
{
   if(lineside() == LINE_FRONT)
   {
      //do stuff here
   }
}

cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

I noticed that some door and plat specials work only 1-way, but some (such as the ACS) work both.
Cyb

Post by Cyb »

depends on the trigger method. walkover lines work for all specials except teleport* no matter what side you walk over them (teleport needs to be walked over from the front). use triggers (ie traditional switches and doors) will only work from the front side of the line. push lines also work from both sides, but once again teleports need to be done from the front side. projectile cross and projectile hit lines are probably the same as player crossover and push lines (respectivly) but I haven't really tested that, and most projectiles can't teleport anyway
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

What exactly does the "player pushes" do?
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

cccp_leha wrote:What exactly does the "player pushes" do?
Activates when the player pushes against a solid line, I'd assume. Would be useful for push-switches or wall teleporters.
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

Thanks boys 'n girls.
Cyb

Post by Cyb »

yeah, when you run into the line pretty much you trigger it (actually you only have to touch it really, and you can do it facing any angle). that's how I did the ladders in helm's deep, and in my current map I have 1s lines that are push teleporters, so you just, uh, run into the wall and teleport heh

Return to “Editing (Archive)”