Satanic Redux V10.8 Released! 5/31/12

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Crowly

Re: Satanic Redux V10 Released! 11/14/11

Post by Crowly »

Hmmm... Man, where is Spidey Mastermind at E3M8? Is that feature or bug?oO
amv2k9

Re: Satanic Redux V10.1 Released! 1/2/12

Post by amv2k9 »

Version 10.1 is now out! Check the first post for the download.

V10.1 Changelog:

Gameplay Changes/Fixes:
-Posessed human attacks are now projectile-based rather than hitscan-based.
-Chaingunners spawn the proper number of casings when firing their gun.
-Chaingunners can now be properly turned by the Mind Control Gauntlets altfire.
amv2k9

Re: Satanic Redux V10 Released! 11/14/11

Post by amv2k9 »

Crowly wrote:Hmmm... Man, where is Spidey Mastermind at E3M8? Is that feature or bug?oO
Hmm. I'll take a look at this in a bit.
amv2k9

Re: Satanic Redux V10.2 Released! 1/5/12

Post by amv2k9 »

Version 10.2 is now out! Check the first post for the download.

V10.2 Changelog:

Gameplay Changes/Fixes:
-Charged shotgun attack states use A_ClearRefire to prevent a standard shot being fired immediately after charged fire.
-Spider Masterminds will now always spawn.
-Damage reduction for difficulties 1-3.

Cosmetic Changes/Fixes:
-Fixed charged shotgun firing animation.
-Spawn height of hanged imps/zombies/marine decorations fixed.
amv2k9

Re: Satanic Redux V10.3 Released! 2/8/12

Post by amv2k9 »

Version 10.3 is now out! Check the first post for the download.

V10.3 Changelog:

Gameplay Changes/Fixes:
-The Maledictory Eagle's scope can be immediately exited following a shot.
-A pain state for the Imp Warlord was misnamed, causing it to be capable of guarding against Leech attacks when it shouldn't have.
-One type of DarkImp has been removed, as it was fairly redundant; it was identical in look to the other type, but just fired homing shots. That ability has been added to the remaining Dark Imp.
-My discovery of actor pointers has allowed me to make the secret weapon spawner that replaces the Megasphere a little "smarter"; now, it won't spawn any secret weapon you've already obtained. If you have a Book of Shadows it will spawn either a Leech or a Vengeful, etc etc. This is also the case with the actor that replaces the rocket ammo and spawns Hellfire Canisters; it has a chance of also spawning Vengeful ammo if you have acquired that weapon.

Cosmetic Changes/Fixes:
-New techlamp & column decorations.
-Various ammo types now have +COUNTITEM, so that you don't always have a 0% score for items found at the intermission.
-Learned a bit more on how to make SBARINFO lumps, and the inventory bar will now appear farther up the screen and no longer hidden by the weapon tag & soul ammo readout.

Performance Changes/Fixes:
-Blood, gibs and casings employ FadeOut and remove themselves 30 secs after spawning. Should help performance on larger maps.
EksFaktr

Post by EksFaktr »

My only complaint with this mod is that it's ridiculously hard to play on modern-ish maps. Anybody have a recommendation of a good classic style WAD that works well with this?
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Version 10.4 is now out! I put this out so soon mainly to correct a big glitch that could cause the game to freeze (see below). Check the first post for the download.

V10.4 Changelog:

Gameplay Changes/Fixes:
-Critical bug fixed with the secret weapon spawner: if you had all 3 secret weapons, the game would freeze upon entering a new map. This has been fixed.
-Secret weapon spawner now spawns a medium soul ammo instead of a large soul ammo.
-Fixed oversight in charged shotgun altfire code: it was taking 5 ammo instead of 4.
-WolfensteinSS hitscan attack changed to projectile.

Cosmetic Changes/Fixes:
-1 slot added to inventory bar so that all five abilities/artifacts will show up w/o having to scroll left or right.
-Trails added to enemy bullets.
amv2k9

Re: Satanic Redux V10.5 Released! 2/27/12

Post by amv2k9 »

Version 10.5 of Satanic Redux is now out! Check the first post for the download.

V10.5 Changelog:

Gameplay Changes/Fixes:
-The headshot system has now been implemented. Headshots deal more damage to the following monsters:
-Zombies (all types)
-Imps (save the Imp Warlord, as its wearing a helmet)
-Mancubus
-Baron of Hell
-Revenant
-Arch-Vile

Other monsters take normal damage from a headshot. Note that killing a zombie with a headshot will not result in a Deadman Head being dropped.
-Slight HP buff for enemies, to encourage the player to do headshots.
-The Mana Ritual skills of the Blood Magic (both the primary fire single-target and tertiary fire multi-target kind) no longer consume corpses when your Mana is maxed out.
-The Blur Sphere is now an ability: Necroshroud! As with Necrovision and Necrobarrier, this ability is always with you. Expend fifty Mana to create a cloak of invisibility around yourself that confuses most enemies and keeps them from attacking. It lasts thirty seconds or until you manually deactivate it. While Necroshroud is active, your weapon will be switched out for the Shroud Magic. Pressing primary fire will deactivate Necroshroud, and also cause an explosion that damages enemies around you. Manually deactivating the powerup through the inventory bar or letting it run out of time will not cause the explosion. Note that Necroshroud and Necrobarrier are mutually exclusive; activating one will deactivate the other. Also, Spectres, Death Whispers, Agathodemons (while cloaked), Cyberdemons and Spider Masterminds can still see you while Necroshroud is active.
-Previously, when a Shadow was killed, the Shadow Sigil in your inventory was not properly removed. This has been fixed.
-The Leech Sword and Dark Chaos Magic, which did nothing if you tried picking up another instance of them after already acquiring the weapon, will now spawn a Mana orb instead.
-Previously, if the player had summoned a Shadow with the Book of Shadows, they could erroneously pick up another Book of Shadows while the Shadow Sigil was in inventory. This has been fixed.

Cosmetic Changes/Fixes:
-Blue and Yellow Keycards/Skulls have been replaces with Black and White Keycards/Skulls, respectively. Should make it easier to tell the cards apart before pickup, and easier to see where they go (since applicable door/object graphics and door/object colors in the automap are changed too). Note that black key doors/objects will be impossible to see if you use vanilla Doom (black background) automap settings.
-Easier-to-read keybar added.
-The weapon tag and mid-screen soul ammo readout are now handled in SBARINFO reather than with ACS, so that they don't obscure the level name in the automap.
-Techlamps and column lights are now +SYNCHRONIZED, so they don't glow brighter at random times and look odd when grouped together.
-Inventory tag for currently selected artifact or ability appears above the inventory bar when its open, and shows Mana cost if an ability is selected.
-Time remaining for any active artifacts or abilities shown in the top right of the screen.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Heeey, I found a...Rather amusing bug.

If you're using the shotgun and hold down tertiary fire, you'll keep swinging the shotgun without expending mana until you let go of the tert fire key, turning you into some sort of rifle-slapping tornado.

Just thought I'd let you know!
Em3rg3ncy

Post by Em3rg3ncy »

Hey i've got a problem here, the problem is that when i try to drag and drop the satanic redux pk3 file into GZDoom it gives me an error message which says: "Script error, "satanicredux-v105.pk3:weapons/satanic_staffofsuffering.txt" line 99:
Expected ')', got ','.".
I was hoping you could help me using the little information i gave you, thanks in advance.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Big C wrote:Heeey, I found a...Rather amusing bug.

If you're using the shotgun and hold down tertiary fire, you'll keep swinging the shotgun without expending mana until you let go of the tert fire key, turning you into some sort of rifle-slapping tornado.

Hmm... For me, the swinging can be done continously, but it keeps on taking mana after the first time...
ddknight

Post by ddknight »

amv2k9 wrote:
Big C wrote:Heeey, I found a...Rather amusing bug.

Hmm... For me, the swinging can be done continously, but it keeps on taking mana after the first time...
just keep swinging until mana become 0
and you can still swing the shotgun without costing any mana or heath 8-)
Big C

Post by Big C »

Oh, my mistake, you're right! What I meant was that when you're out of mana and you continuously swing like I mentioned, it won't take off health until you stop swinging and even then it will only take off one swing's worth of health.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Big C wrote:Oh, my mistake, you're right! What I meant was that when you're out of mana and you continuously swing like I mentioned, it won't take off health until you stop swinging and even then it will only take off one swing's worth of health.
Bingo. The infinite swinging has been fixed.

I'm thinking of replacing the current Vengeful HUD graphics with the "Gothic Shotgun" (or a modded version of it) sprites I've seen around once or twice. Any objections? It's mostly because right now, the Vengeful is the last weapon that isn't using either the Hexen/Heretic gauntlet or Hexen mage hands, and one of the things I've tried to do with this mod is provide a greater sense of visual consistency in the handedness of weapons. I've tried to frankensprite together some gauntlet-handed shotgun animations, and the results are just not pretty.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Go for it!

RIP swinging tornado man. We hardly knew ye, but your sacrifice was necessary.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”