Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Post by Ed the Bat »

I'd always seen a bit of hiccup when playing Nazis, when enemies were alerted for the first time. This was especially tough on very large maps. The other night, however, I updated my version with a command to precache nearly all sounds in the Titlemap, which has greatly improved my performance. If anyone else has been plagued by these issues, hopefully this will help.

Quick aside: I did the same for Terrorists. My version of that is easy enough to find from the proper thread.
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

Master_Moose wrote:Well with permission from Weasel, i am allowed to upload this. What this is, is a patch for "ww-nazisV2-CJ flavor!". i am going to make a patch for the original, but for now i will stick with this. The patch adds a weapon, ACS scripts, 3-d models, weapons casings, and a few other things. i made a standalone mod of this for my friend and i, but it was requested it be in a patch. the reason i am using the ww-nazisV2-CJ flavor! version, is because of the extra enemies. without further-a do, here's the link.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dd6bp ... +patch.zip

this link has the patch and the ww-nazisV2-CJ flavor! version(in case you never got to downloading it.)
Enjoy.
Hey, I love this patch! Thanks for adding casings since I feel this feature actually needed since beginning, also loves the flashlight. But one thing that bug me is the MP-40 casings ejection. As far as I know MP40 casings ejected to the right instead to the left. Also enemies that have blood colors other than red will have red gore effect.
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

NantoCodd wrote:As far as I know MP40 casings ejected to the right instead to the left.
You are absolutely right. I had always assumed that since you chamber a round from the left, the shells eject from the left. But while revisiting an old project of mine, it hit me that the shells should come out of the hole located at the top and to the right.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

Master_Moose wrote:Well with permission from Weasel, i am allowed to upload this. What this is, is a patch for "ww-nazisV2-CJ flavor!". i am going to make a patch for the original, but for now i will stick with this. The patch adds a weapon, ACS scripts, 3-d models, weapons casings, and a few other things. i made a standalone mod of this for my friend and i, but it was requested it be in a patch. the reason i am using the ww-nazisV2-CJ flavor! version, is because of the extra enemies. without further-a do, here's the link.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dd6bp ... +patch.zip

this link has the patch and the ww-nazisV2-CJ flavor! version(in case you never got to downloading it.)
Enjoy.
nice job with the patch im playing it with Deathmatcher DTS-T Megawad especially love the bullet casings & the m1 garand
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Really fun mod!I love so much the use of Call of Duty 2 sounds and the great number of different nazi soldier in it.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

and i thought it was some kind of news or bugfix reports from the author; weasel, too. otherwise, is your compliment in the 1 year old thread was necessary? i really wanna know.

EDIT: okay okay, i was being an asshole for a bit. i couldn't stand for this late bump and it was gotten more worse. anyway, PLEASE tell us anything about suggestions. then your bump would be really worthy.
Last edited by Captain J on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

ZioMcCall wrote:Really fun mod!I love so much the use of Call of Duty 2 sounds and the great number of different nazi soldier in it.
Thank you for the bump. Do you have any other comments or suggestions?
XanderK9
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by XanderK9 »

I'm currently playing this with Whitemare 2 and not only I think it fitting very well, I like how the difficulty goes up in certain maps (especially with the third and fourth level this far). Awesome work!

The ammo seemed scarce versus the amount of enemies to kill, but I won't complain about not doing an 100% completion. Unless it's just me or it's intended, I'm having trouble with throwing grenades to a tall platform (let's say about three times as high as the player) as it have the tendency to bounce right back at me. After all, the stielhandgranate is quite large, so I guess it's working as intended.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

And that's how the common grenades works; use it with the terrains to defeat the enemies tactically.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

XanderK9 wrote:I'm having trouble with throwing grenades to a tall platform (let's say about three times as high as the player) as it have the tendency to bounce right back at me. After all, the stielhandgranate is quite large, so I guess it's working as intended.
If you can, throw the grenades directly at enemies; that'll stop them immediately and cause them to fall to the floor next to them, after which they will explode.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Not sure how relevant this is to your situation, but the grenades will also always fall short when aiming at an enemy up above, if autoaim is enabled. There's no way to selectively disable it for a CustomInventory (despite engine requests to do so).
XanderK9
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by XanderK9 »

wildweasel wrote: If you can, throw the grenades directly at enemies; that'll stop them immediately and cause them to fall to the floor next to them, after which they will explode.
Thank you for the info. I haven't noticed this because I was trying to throw them without getting hit by the pack of uber soldiers and Gretel twins. Anyway, that was the only time I have used them this far.

Speaking of grenades, considering how scarce ammo was, I wasn't expecting to find tons of grenades in the lava room of the fourth level. :P
Ed the Bat wrote:Not sure how relevant this is to your situation, but the grenades will also always fall short when aiming at an enemy up above, if autoaim is enabled. There's no way to selectively disable it for a CustomInventory (despite engine requests to do so).
I totally forgot I had autoaim on. I came back to an earlier save to test this with autoaim off and it seems to do the trick. Thanks!
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

wildweasel wrote:
XanderK9 wrote:I'm having trouble with throwing grenades to a tall platform (let's say about three times as high as the player) as it have the tendency to bounce right back at me. After all, the stielhandgranate is quite large, so I guess it's working as intended.
If you can, throw the grenades directly at enemies; that'll stop them immediately and cause them to fall to the floor next to them, after which they will explode.
Heh, don't they do 1 point of damage if they hit something before they come to a rest? I remember killing Hans once this way.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

it does damages when the grenade hits enemies, potato masher indeed. and extra bonus potato mashing scores when you did that to bosses.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Lava Grunt wrote:Heh, don't they do 1 point of damage if they hit something before they come to a rest? I remember killing Hans once this way.
Yes. Originally, they did no damage at all, but I decided that the potential of a Nazi getting killed by the sheer blunt force of a Stielhandgranate to the face was too hilarious.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”