[Question] Shoulder/mounted weapons

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Reactor

Re: [Question] Shoulder/mounted weapons

Post by Reactor »

Destroy the user's eardrums? Not necessarily. These shoulder-carried and mounted weapons wouldn't cause too much noise. Besides, a proper ear protection will ensure that. Sure if you'd fire a 155mm artillery cannon right next to your head, it'd smash your eardrums, but these advanced cannons (Neutron cannon, ion cannon etc.) would not emit significant working sound - this is why they are useful for being mounted to shoulders.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Supplement to the above post: look at the AT4 light anti-tank weapon. That's fired from the shoulder, and I haven't heard of anyone's eardrums going out from one...
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

I just took a closer look at the Deviator Launcher. Notice it has a strap at its back - clearly for shoulder-mounting :) Seems like other Doomists have thought about the same idea...
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Reactor wrote:Destroy the user's eardrums? Not necessarily. These shoulder-carried and mounted weapons wouldn't cause too much noise. Besides, a proper ear protection will ensure that.
Isn't that basically what I said? :|
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

You did :) I just reinforced your point of view :)

Return to “Resources”