[Driver bug?] mouse a bit dodgy in ZDoom ?

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Kuroshi

Post by Kuroshi »

Sheepishly hides his 600MHz Athlon "beast" from view.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Lexus Alyus wrote:I have slow processor?! Yeah, sure, an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ is too slow... okay, whatever...

:twisted:
No, just a piece of shit... :roll:
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

What's so shit about it? What's better? Once I get the money I will get the best things for my system... I'll probably go overboard and have a computer that will stay up to date for the next few years ;). Gotta be able to run Doom3 when it comes out :D.

What was this subject about again?
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

AMD = Shit
Intel = Quality
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

HoxWax = Jerk

I never had problems with my AMD.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

About the bug - are you using your mouse in USB mode? If you have a USB to PS2 converter, use that and see if it works.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Graf Zahl = Hypocrite

My AMD CPU ended up costing me upwards of $600 throughout my attempts to keep it alive and finally tossing it in the trash when it refused to continue working. Add to that the dozen or so issues that crop up each month because of the shitty construction of these worthless processors and it's just not worth it to own one.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

I havn't had any problems yet... maybe it wa just a rogue processor?

I've got a PS2 to PC converter :D (It's a PS2 game port... so now I can use the cool PS2 joypads on my PC... now I just need a decent PS2 emulator... i've got lagitimate games, I just want to be able to play them because my PS2 died some time ago and I can't afford to get a new one...). I'll even buy a good PS2 emulator... so long as it's not as much as £40...

HotWax

Post by HotWax »

I've yet to have a "rogue" Intel CPU.

ePSXe is a decent free PS2 emulator. The biggest problem with emulating a PS2 though is the hefty game sizes. You need to be prepared to download anywhere from 150MB to 600MB games...

(Of course if you actually have the games on CD that solves that little issue. ;))
Risen

Post by Risen »

I've run AMDs for the last 6 years now. Never had any problems. They do seem to get a little iffy if you overheat them... but isn't that a big "duh" anyway?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

HotWax wrote:I've yet to have a "rogue" Intel CPU.
I knew someone who had one of those early Pentiums with the floating point calculation bugs, or whatever it was. I have never had any intel problems myself, however. I have had an AMD (386) that certain software didn't like and I know a couple of people who have had non-intel chip problems. I think generally the non-intel chips seem to be far better than they were. I don't know anyone with a modern one who has had a problem.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

HotWax wrote:Graf Zahl = Hypocrite

My AMD CPU ended up costing me upwards of $600 throughout my attempts to keep it alive and finally tossing it in the trash when it refused to continue working.

That's your own fault! When I start having problems with my computer I buy a new one and sell the old one as parts. Normally I have to pay far less for such an upgrade. And I had significantly more problems with Intel CPUs than with AMDs. The last 3 systems I had were AMD and I never had any serious problems with them (except for one power supply that blew up and destroyed the entire computer - but that's hardly the CPU's fault - and it was insured.)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Hotwax: Um, PS2?! That's a regular Playstation emulator. PS2 emulators are still in their infancy, and the only one worth noting is FPSE2 (and even that can only run demos).
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Uhhhhhhhh... oops.

Risen: The CPU was the cause of the overheating . . . .
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Damn...

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”