Features lots of new skins - here is the full list:
Remember - you select the skin by changing your player class.
Standard Chex Warrior
Bipedicus with armor
Box Costume (changed so it's more fair)
I also made a layout change to ZM04 (mario zorchmatch), added more ammo to ZM03 (DK Zorchmatch) and added some details/bugfixes to ZM07 (museum). The maps are very similar, so I won't post screenshots right now.
1. I would like to make it so that the point gets captured faster if there are more players on it. Right now, it gets captured at the same rate regardless of how many team members are standing on it, as long as you have more of your team on it than your enemies.
2. It got glitched out very badly once on my test server, I don't know how that happened, but nobody could capture any points. Thus... it's unstable.
3. The noise is annoying, but that's an easy fix
If you know of some ways I could make it simpler or better, I would like to know. Right now it works, but not very well.
QuadrumpusGuy and I are working on extending Chex Quest 3 to three 9 level episodes.
QG has made E1M7, and I'm working on E1M8. E1M8 is 1/3 done.
Also, we're going to re-do some of the standard levels levels in Chex Quest 3, because they are too easy for co-operative play.
This mod currently only runs in Skulltag, but if this 3-episode level pack is finished, I will release it in a separate pk3 which can be played on zDoom and GzDoom.
I'm interested in making a limit removing engine chex mod, but I want to finish this mod first.
EDIT - perhaps that's not a good idea, since Boom doesn't support Chex3.wad, and Chex.wad requires DEHACKED to work on standard doom engines... (G)zDoom is where Chex Quest belongs, unless there is code to support Chex Quest 3's features (i.e., flemoids can't hurt each other or infight, and don't use hitscanners)
I've also added effects to the slime, so that when a slime ball hits a wall, it leaves splats. I also made the flembomination much more powerful.
Screenshots of this effect: (1024x768 images):
This room was clean before he entered:
I also added The Slimeinator's freeable captives. I added a reward for freeing them, they drop zorchers, health, and powerups when freed (the set of items you get are random).
I was trying to have the stridici leave slimy footprints. Since you can't have decals on the floor, I had them spawn slimy footprint actors. This didn't work well, though, after a certain number of these actors were spawned, no more were generated. I could have them fade out, but the stridici takes so many steps, so quickly, it would look strange, and the effect would look worse for every stridici on the map.
- Bipedici now fire three slime balls, BWAs fire two.
- I made Lord Snotfolus more powerful.
- QG made Brand X Warriors, which attack Chex Warriors, and also attack flemoids if they are hit by slime. They carry zorchers. These enemies need voices, so, if anyone would like to volunteer, tell me in this topic.
- The Flembomination can now see you from any angle
- The bootspoon, zorchgloves, and bootsporks do not alert enemies
- Added colors to pickup messages, to make it easier to see that you have picked up a weapon, and what you picked up.
- I fixed the LAZ obituary glitch
I still want to implement special voices for zorch pain and death for Chexter, too, but my voice isn't strong enough. If you are willing/able to do voices for this mod, good voiceovers for Chexter and the Brand X Warriors would definitely make the game better. If I use your work, I will credit you in the credits lump in the .pk3.