List of currently available games resources (Discussion).

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Dynamo

List of currently available games resources.

Post by Dynamo »

I was just wondering, since a lot of games have been cracked by users of this forum, wouldn't it be useful to list each one of the cracked games here with the download links to the corresponding resources? It might be useful if someone doesn't want to search through the forums for the game or even to find out about new games one has never heard of before.

I also thought about a possible template for this:
Doom (name of the game here, sorted in alphabetical order)
- Textures (www.downloadlink.here)
- Sprites (www.downloadlink.here)
- Weapons (www.downloadlink.here)
- Sounds (www.downloadlink.here)
- Music (www.downloadlink.here)
For uploading the resources (if links aren't already available) I suggest the use of the DRD team hosting service which doesn't seem to delete files.

If the idea is dumb, feel free to close this topic or something, but I think it could be pretty useful.
Ceeb

Re: List of currently available games resources.

Post by Ceeb »

So basically a game resource registry? Well if we could get a sticky, that would be a superb idea, like Nash's resource thread. I'd be willing to catalog all of my contributions if other users would too.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Ceeb wrote:So basically a game resource registry? Well if we could get a sticky, that would be a superb idea, like Nash's resource thread.
I agree, this is an excellent idea.

Anyone up to volunteer for sifting through all the threads? :P
DoomSplitter

List of currently available games resources (Discussion).

Post by DoomSplitter »

I like this idea a lot. I think it would be helpful to list games that still need to be ripped.

Edit: Now that I think about it, this is probably unneeded.
Last edited by DoomSplitter on Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phi108

Post by phi108 »

More of a one-page directory, though the forum's search function may already do the job well. I guess it would lower the searching time to a degree.

EDIT: What Neural said.
Nash

Post by Nash »

i don't know... I think the forum search is all that one would need to find available game-specific stuff.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Ceeb wrote:Well if we could get a sticky
Nah. As it is, resource ripping is tolerated. Sticky such a thread, and it becomes condoned. Which would be a bad idea.
SoulCrow

Re: List of currently available games resources (Discussion)

Post by SoulCrow »

Split the two threads, so the discussion regarding the list can continue here and the discussion regarding whether ripping resources from other games is a good or bad idea can continue in Off-Topic.

To be on topic: I am also of the opinion that it isn't that much work to sift through the resources forum. Besides if somebody does compile a list of ripped resources, some actual new content created by users of this forum might not be taken into consideration.

Return to “Resources”