The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Postby RiboNucleic Asshat » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:15 am

Is it a wise decision for me to stay up til 6AM the day before I have an appointment? No, not in the slightest, yet it's a choice that I seem quite fond of making. Perhaps I should abolish sleeping entirely.
User avatar
RiboNucleic Asshat
I'm gay in every way
 
Joined: 09 May 2013
Location: Exactly where I am
Discord: Ribonucleic Asshat#7687
Twitch ID: ribonucleicasshat
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Postby Captain J » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:52 am

EYEAH! CUZ SLEEPING IS FOR THA SLOW WUSSIES!1!1...

... Joke aside, avoiding sleeping is not really gonna benefit you to get yourself recharged. Some people are workaholic, saying they're too busy to sleep and whatnot(Like me). However, such drastic decision will, certainly, and positively ruin your health plus life, slowly. But alas, others and i can't fall asleep because of insomnia and other pesky disorders... I just hope we somehow can sleep safely without using many of sleeping pills or tiresome self-therapies.

And now to the Topic; I recently drew this pic for Vinny guy, the streamer of Vinesauce. And i wanted to design some of vehicles for my fictional faction, Earth Coalition Force of Netronian Chaos. So i included them to the drawing too!
User avatar
Captain J
'OH YE'
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Secret Chamber
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:08 am

That's a big meat.
User avatar
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Magician
 
 
 
Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Location: Vigo, Galicia
Discord: Marisa Kirisame#4689
Twitch ID: magusmarisa
Github ID: OrdinaryMagician
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Postby RexS » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:09 am

Jeimuzu73 wrote:You guys live in scary places, I gotta give you kudos for that. Hong Kong has almost none of that, and I should be lucky.


Where I currently reside is decently safe, it's over the bridge in the city that is more dangerous. Also, really @ Hong Kong? I know someone that had some really bad shit happen out there.

But anyways, does anyone know why my video is a larger file when I made the resolution SMALLER? I'm so annoyed, Adobe Premiere Pro saved my 1920x1080 video at 147MB, but when I re exported it at 1280x720 it's 149MB. WTF? (The file format is H.264.)
User avatar
RexS
 
Joined: 21 Aug 2013

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Postby wildweasel » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:25 am

The bit rate might have changed in the process, but it's also possible the source video was using a different codec.
User avatar
wildweasel
「お前はもうトースト」[you are already toast.]
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Postby RexS » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:55 pm

wildweasel wrote:The bit rate might have changed in the process, but it's also possible the source video was using a different codec.


Hmm... true. But I mean I saved the file the same way as 1920x1080, didn't like the file size, saved it again as the smaller resolution and got even bigger file size. I was like wtf? lol
User avatar
RexS
 
Joined: 21 Aug 2013

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Postby Scripten » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:43 am

So I gotta rant a bit about the broken healthcare system in this country (US).

For the past month(!) I've been dealing with a persistent cough and some other symptoms that I am 99% sure are walking pneumonia. I went into my in-network walk-in clinic a few weeks back since my primary care doctor isn't available until next month at the earliest. They basically told me that it was nothing and gave me a prescription for cough medicine. Since then, the medicine has done literally nothing, the symptoms have gotten worse, and I just got a bill for about $350. My job has some of the best insurance available for people who make less than $1 million a year in income. Didn't even pay half of the cost.

I'm absolutely livid. I didn't even see an actual doctor for more than five minutes and they were able to do literally nothing to help. God forbid I ever get actually sick, because my savings aren't going to be able to cover a bill like that.
User avatar
Scripten
Oh, that's simply delicious!
 
Joined: 30 May 2009
Discord: Scripten#3195

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Postby RexS » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:25 pm

I never pay my medical bills. Ever. I'm close to $100,000 in debt from the wreck that killed my wife and almost killed me. I made sure the lawyer understood that I'm "taking responsibility" for the bills, and I wanted all the money in cash from the lawsuit. I woke up to my life having no meaning and found out my wife was killed, and I owe 100 grand? LMAO I'm not paying them shit.

I've also been approved for several loans, medical bills are usually ignored for things like that. (Although your credit score will still take a hit.)
User avatar
RexS
 
Joined: 21 Aug 2013

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Postby Rachael » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:35 pm

It's amazing the demagoguery being done about more sane health care systems. For example, in Canada and the UK they have socialized health care - oh, but you mention that in the United States it's socialism, it's evil, it's all sorts of fucked up shit, yet it works perfectly fine in other countries. It's a lie perpetuated by the rich and the elite to keep the status quo and to keep us all down.

For a country that claims to be free, we're rapidly slipping into fascism and legalized slavery quicker than anyone can blink and everyone thinks things are just hunky-dory and that we're "just taking care of the immigrant problem" and that somehow it will not affect them. Yet, little do they know they too are among the oppressed, and no matter how much they kiss the ass of people who have the money, eventually they will be betrayed by those same rich folk who they thought they could trust. It's not an uncertain thing - it happens every. single. time.

The reason why the left is hated so much in this country is because they are fighting to create a system that actually works - including with health care - and that annoys the rich, the people who can even say anything about it - they fight to preserve what little good we have in our country before the rich and the elite take it away from us. Just keep that in mind before you go bashing leftists "just because it's the cool thing to do" - they may be the only thing left between you and a life of misery that you'd be lucky to survive past 40 with.

That freedom your great grandpa fought for? That's being purchased away from you by Charles and David Koch. And they're buying it from the very people you vote for every two years in November.
User avatar
Rachael
Webmaster
 
Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Postby Scripten » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:50 pm

Rachael wrote:It's amazing the demagoguery being done about more sane health care systems. For example, in Canada and the UK they have socialized health care - oh, but you mention that in the United States it's socialism, it's evil, it's all sorts of fucked up shit, yet it works perfectly fine in other countries. It's a lie perpetuated by the rich and the elite to keep the status quo and to keep us all down.

For a country that claims to be free, we're rapidly slipping into fascism and legalized slavery quicker than anyone can blink and everyone thinks things are just hunky-dory and that we're "just taking care of the immigrant problem" and that somehow it will not affect them. Yet, little do they know they too are among the oppressed, and no matter how much they kiss the ass of people who have the money, eventually they will be betrayed by those same rich folk who they thought they could trust. It's not an uncertain thing - it happens every. single. time.

The reason why the left is hated so much in this country is because they are fighting to create a system that actually works - including with health care - and that annoys the rich, the people who can even say anything about it - they fight to preserve what little good we have in our country before the rich and the elite take it away from us. Just keep that in mind before you go bashing leftists "just because it's the cool thing to do" - they may be the only thing left between you and a life of misery that you'd be lucky to survive past 40 with.

That freedom your great grandpa fought for? That's being purchased away from you by Charles and David Koch. And they're buying it from the very people you vote for every two years in November.


Exactly this. This isn't the first time I've been burned on medical bills, but it's probably the most insulting. At this point, it's gotten to be that they don't even pretend to diagnose or treat you; just write a bullshit prescription and kick you out the door. Never mind that you waited half the day and took time off of work to go. And I just want to add that this is with me doing everything in my power "right". As I said in the last post, this is with a "gold" insurance plan provided by my employer, which is one of the largest/oldest tech companies in the world. This is just the myth of capitalism; that if you work just hard enough, you won't get screwed over by the elites.

It's not even so much that I can't manage or anything. I recognize that I'm HELLA privileged in almost every capacity. It's just that the whole situation is just insultingly broken, for everyone in this country. Even if I do leave, that doesn't help anyone else I care about, save maybe my SO since they'd be coming with me.

The whole thing just sucks and it really makes me hope we take some inspiration from the French circa the 1770's.
User avatar
Scripten
Oh, that's simply delicious!
 
Joined: 30 May 2009
Discord: Scripten#3195

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Postby GAA1992 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:43 pm

There was this thing that happened in my town, and quickly everybody knew about it. An old man actually passed away while waiting for assistance on a public health care center.

Reason? Doctors get paid a waaaay lower wage than in private clinics, and thus they go into work, sign their time schedules and go away, or even don't go at all.

Sad to see that even a first world country has their problems related to health.
User avatar
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Postby Scripten » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:58 pm

It might surprise some that the same kind of thing happens here. We have a lot of people dying after being thrown off their insurance or, even if they have insurance, having their critical medical needs not taken care of. There was a recent story in the news here about a guy with chronic seizures who had his medicine coverage nixed and then, within a week or so, ended up dying from his condition. Even stuff like insulin or epipens are subject to this crap.
User avatar
Scripten
Oh, that's simply delicious!
 
Joined: 30 May 2009
Discord: Scripten#3195

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Postby Gez » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:57 pm

Rachael wrote:It's amazing the demagoguery being done about more sane health care systems. For example, in Canada and the UK they have socialized health care - oh, but you mention that in the United States it's socialism, it's evil, it's all sorts of fucked up shit, yet it works perfectly fine in other countries. It's a lie perpetuated by the rich and the elite to keep the status quo and to keep us all down.

Status quo? If only.

Gez
 
 
 
Joined: 06 Jul 2007

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Postby Graf Zahl » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:44 pm

GAA1992 wrote:Sad to see that even a first world country has their problems related to health.


Who says that the USA are a First World country? Mentally they never left the Wild West and that will eventually become their undoing.
User avatar
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom Developer
Lead GZDoom Developer
 
Joined: 19 Jul 2003
Location: Germany

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Postby RexS » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:06 pm

Graf Zahl wrote:
GAA1992 wrote:Sad to see that even a first world country has their problems related to health.


Who says that the USA are a First World country? Mentally they never left the Wild West and that will eventually become their undoing.


By definition, "first world country" means USA and her allies.
User avatar
RexS
 
Joined: 21 Aug 2013

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest