(nearly) all brightmaps (including textures and flats)

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
InsanityBringer

Re: (nearly) all brightmaps (including textures and flats)

Post by InsanityBringer »

ZDG wrote:- The Devs have nothing to do with Skulltag
Hmm, I'm kinda surprised at how accruate their ZDoom clone is then. It doesn't have all of the newest features, but it certanly would have to be pretty accruate if the devs had nothing to do with Skulltag.

Lets not forget that some of the smaller devs that have popped up (and stuck around) around here, Karate Chris, Blzut3, all those people have contributed directly to Skulltag. And Graf has full access to skulltag and is responsible for it even having any version of GZDoom's renderer (it was using ZDoomGL's for a bit).
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Heh, this is cool. More brightmaps is always welcome. I have a problem with this though. When i play certain wads, like TVR!, all brightmaps work fine, but on some other wads, like Kama Sutra, almost all (if not every one) of the brightmaps on the walls, ceilings and flats don't show up.
Gez

Post by Gez »

InsanityBringer wrote:
ZDG wrote:- The Devs have nothing to do with Skulltag
Hmm, I'm kinda surprised at how accruate their ZDoom clone is then. It doesn't have all of the newest features, but it certanly would have to be pretty accruate if the devs had nothing to do with Skulltag.

Lets not forget that some of the smaller devs that have popped up (and stuck around) around here, Karate Chris, Blzut3, all those people have contributed directly to Skulltag. And Graf has full access to skulltag and is responsible for it even having any version of GZDoom's renderer (it was using ZDoomGL's for a bit).
Anybody is free to make a "clone" (actually just a fork) by taking the open source ZDoom code and changing it. See for instance [wiki]ScoreDoom[/wiki]. This doesn't mean the ZDoom developers have something to do with Skulltag, this means the Skulltag developers have something to do with ZDoom. :P

But it's true that both Graf and Randy have access to the Skulltag SVN and that, since Blzut was promoted to developer status, there is one developer that does not have "nothing to do with" Skulltag.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

Speaking of devs, whatever did happen to Karate Chris? Did he just lose interest?
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

doomhunter_175 wrote:Heh, this is cool. More brightmaps is always welcome. I have a problem with this though. When i play certain wads, like TVR!, all brightmaps work fine, but on some other wads, like Kama Sutra, almost all (if not every one) of the brightmaps on the walls, ceilings and flats don't show up.
For everyone complaining that brightmaps dont work on Skulltag, other wads etc. these brightmaps are applied to texture lumps used in the original doom and doom 2 textures ONLY, any Pwads which may replace these textures/and or sprites will break the brightmaps. The only way around this is to manually add your own brightmaps yourself using the corrosponding textures in the Pwad. As for the skulltag image, I havnt a clue why they would map onto textures that have nothing to do with the brightmaps. Maybe skulltag has internally renamed these textures on the fly?
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Demolisher wrote:Try thinking, then hitting the preview button, then not posting.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Ben2k9 wrote:
doomhunter_175 wrote:Heh, this is cool. More brightmaps is always welcome. I have a problem with this though. When i play certain wads, like TVR!, all brightmaps work fine, but on some other wads, like Kama Sutra, almost all (if not every one) of the brightmaps on the walls, ceilings and flats don't show up.
For everyone complaining that brightmaps dont work on Skulltag, other wads etc. these brightmaps are applied to texture lumps used in the original doom and doom 2 textures ONLY, any Pwads which may replace these textures/and or sprites will break the brightmaps. The only way around this is to manually add your own brightmaps yourself using the corrosponding textures in the Pwad. As for the skulltag image, I havnt a clue why they would map onto textures that have nothing to do with the brightmaps. Maybe skulltag has internally renamed these textures on the fly?
Yes, I'm well aware of that, I'm not stupid. But the thing is that I used GZDoom and Kama Sutra doesn't replace that many original DooM 2 textures. But it doens't work on Kama Sutra, yet it works perfectly fine on TVR!
Recurracy

Post by Recurracy »

Wait, I didn't know it's possible to use brightmaps with textures...
ZDG

Post by ZDG »

Code: Select all

Brightmap Texture *texturename*
{
 map "MAPNAME"
}
And done.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Are there any problems with the Heretic brightmaps? I might start using them in my Youtube playthrough.
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

none at all, theres actually hardly any brightmaps in heretic.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Your brightmaps in action (along with some other stuff I use in my playthrough): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqADwsp7Pg8

They look excellent! :D
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

cheers :)

Return to “Resources”