[WIP] Project: Aurora

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: [WIP] Project: Aurora

Post by Hellser »

VicRattlehead wrote:Rocket launcher's secondary isn't expending ammo. Also, could you explain the new difficulty levels?
I'll be updating the link in a bit for people to try out the latest stuff.

Also, difficulty levels on OP.

Edit: The Download Link (for Modification) has been updated with the Bullet Testing system and the light pack. (Which seems to be buggy with Doom 2 at the moment.)

Edit #2: I also know about the other dual-barrel rocket launcher (was suppose to be a seeker missile). It's currently under beta.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Which voxels are you using in the youtubes? (shotgun pickup). They look like voxel versions of eriguns. And, how can I use them in the mod? They're not on by default.
Hellser
Global Moderator

Post by Hellser »

blackfish wrote:Which voxels are you using in the youtubes? (shotgun pickup). They look like voxel versions of eriguns. And, how can I use them in the mod? They're not on by default.
I had them removed. It was a experiment that went bad when I started to work on the Chaingun. I will upload the voxels that I have finished at some point, but it's incomplete. (No Machine Gun, Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle or BFG sprites)

Also, the I'm working on tweaking the monsters out for the next release. The shotgunners seem to be the PITA.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

BANG BANG BANG! Any plans on snazzing up the default weapon sounds? I was going to moan about how the shotgun sprites don't go well with the audio but I eventually got used to it. Somewhat. Same goes for the pistol.
Oh, and how about moving the SMG thing to slot 2? It making the pistol completely obsolete and all.
Last edited by Slax on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

one of the quit messages:
QUITMSG9 = "You.. will.. FUCKING LOVE ME!";

edit: can't say the f word in this thread for some reason
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

Swear filters are on by default on all boards. It's fu­cking stupid

Also, cool mod.
Hellser
Global Moderator

Post by Hellser »

Slax wrote:BANG BANG BANG! Any plans on snazzing up the default weapon sounds? I was going to moan about how the shotgun sprites don't go well with the audio but I eventually got used to it. Somewhat. Same goes for the pistol.
Oh, and how about moving the SMG thing to slot 2? It making the pistol completely obsolete and all.
Good idea. That was the idea for the SMG when you get a hold of it, to act as a replacement for the pistol.

.. and I am now on the hunt for new sounds!
marble

Post by marble »

i don't like the idea of weapons becoming obsolete, you should buff the pistol instead, or maybe make the pistol unusable once you get the smg, just like in the original doom you couln't use the fist anymore after you got the chainsaw.
Hellser
Global Moderator

Post by Hellser »

marble wrote:i don't like the idea of weapons becoming obsolete, you should buff the pistol instead, or maybe make the pistol unusable once you get the smg, just like in the original doom you couln't use the fist anymore after you got the chainsaw.
In Aurora, the SMG (In game name: M-63 Submachine Gun) makes the pistol obsolete. Exactly what I planned for. I have no plans to buff the pistol. Imagine this. The fist is the pistol, slow, but gets the job done in a pinch.. and the Submachine Gun is the Chainsaw: Faster -- and does exactly what the fists do. Just quicker.
marble

Post by marble »

that's why i suggested making the pistol unusable once you get the smg.
VicRattlehead

Post by VicRattlehead »

Do the enemies fire bullet projectiles too or is that something you're currently working on? Also, I like the bullet projectiles but I'm not a big fan of the tracers. Could anything be done to make them look more realistic? Thinner, more like a solid line, something like that.
Hellser
Global Moderator

Post by Hellser »

VicRattlehead wrote:Do the enemies fire bullet projectiles too or is that something you're currently working on? Also, I like the bullet projectiles but I'm not a big fan of the tracers. Could anything be done to make them look more realistic? Thinner, more like a solid line, something like that.
I'm working on the bullet projectiles at the moment for the monsters. As for the tracers, I'll see what I can do. But trying to get a line-tracer as in real life is rather hard to accomplish.
marble

Post by marble »

bullets in the air could be invisible, realistically, normal rounds should not be seen in mid-flight, they travel too fast, and it's not like they're on fire or something.
also, tracers are redish and only visible at night or in dark places.
Hellser
Global Moderator

Post by Hellser »

marble wrote:bullets in the air could be invisible, realistically, normal rounds should not be seen in mid-flight, they travel too fast, and it's not like they're on fire or something.
also, tracers are redish and only visible at night or in dark places.
Understandable. When I was coding originally for Aurora, it was to have a bullet system. (Infact, I copied the old code and am using it now!) I however came across a problem with shotguns. Understandably, pellets don't have tracer properties. But I also want the players to actually see the bullets / pellets dropping over the distance. Unless there is a way to set a Missile Type Property randomly, it's either go with tracers or don't.

Just view them as.. assistance when firing.
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

marble wrote:realistically
Realistically, getting shot in the face kills you more than 99% of the time. So I don't see why it's that strong of an argument for something more immensely esoteric than the health system.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”