GZDoom in Development Hell?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Nash

Re: GZDoom DEAD?

Post by Nash »

The way I see it... Graf should have just learned to not listen to people who are complaining about his port because it's his port after all. No need to delete anything... that's just childish.

Other people should've also just ignored him when he acted all childish and went "no more GZDoom"... he was probably just throwing a fit and would put the site back up. You made things worse by deleting his account.
Ceeb

Post by Ceeb »

Gez wrote:I have the GZDoom code, I have the ZDoom code, I can just keep updating it the former with the latter.
...:D I love you.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Nash wrote:You made things worse by deleting his account.
As far as I can tell, he deleted the account himself. All SP did was disable his FTP account afterwards, since Graf made it clear that he was no longer going to work on the project.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Hmm. I wish I could say I'm surprised about this -- I really do. Unfortunately, this moment's been coming for quite a while considering the attitude of the author -- he did himself in, no matter what sort of garbage anyone in the community has been throwing around.

That's all I'll say. Anyone who's been around knows my opinion on Graf and I feel I'm already verging enough across the red line. SoulPriestess/Eruanna said it best in the DW thread anyway, and her actions are justified through necessity, much as we all hate to see it.

Finally, GZDoom is enough of a notable port that hopefully somebody will pick it up somewhere, somehow ([EDIT] Way to go, Gez!)... or at least it's popular enough that it'll be used regardless. I don't really consider this an "end," just a (rather large) bump on the road if we're lucky.

Well, R.I.P. Graf. Consider this my official shutting-up about the topic, for good.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

wildweasel wrote:
Nash wrote:You made things worse by deleting his account.
As far as I can tell, he deleted the account himself. All SP did was disable his FTP account afterwards, since Graf made it clear that he was no longer going to work on the project.
This.
zap610

Post by zap610 »

Nash wrote:And who's paying the price? Modders like me who didn't even have anything to do with the shitfest in that thread.
So how the hell is that our fault? For the first time, people are standing up to graf and telling him where he went wrong. And instead of acting like a man and improving he throws a hissyfit and ruins it for everyone. You only have graf to blame, nobody else.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Bleh... whatever. I don't really want to bother about this drama anymore.

Whoever chooses to maintain the port, let it be... if they can improve/rewrite the renderer, all the better.

I still think this didn't have to happen and a lot of people from all sides were being very childish.

However, I still think it's not fair for people who didn't have anything to do with the original argument.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Gez wrote:I have the GZDoom code, I have the ZDoom code, I can just keep updating it the former with the latter.
WIN.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

As weasel said, we don't need any more drama. Siggi, wildweasel and I are also keeping a close eye on this thread.
Nash

Post by Nash »

BlazingPhoenix wrote:As weasel said, we don't need any more drama. Siggi, wildweasel and I are also keeping a close eye on this thread.
Good idea. This will be my last post pertaining to this subject. Anything that happens after this, will not be my fault. :)

I'll just continue to read this thread.
qwerqsar

Post by qwerqsar »

I dind'nt understand what happened even after two readings :| .
But really, I can't critizise myself. Jus' sad, because I just recently started experimenting with GZDoom. Hope you can continue it Gez. *praying*
Gez

Post by Gez »

Just don't expect me to do anything with the OpenGL renderer; I'm just talking about keeping the ZDoom codebase up-to-date.
Ceeb

Post by Ceeb »

Gez wrote:Just don't expect me to do anything with the OpenGL renderer; I'm just talking about keeping the ZDoom codebase up-to-date.
That's all I hoped for in the first place, ya know? GZDoom already does 3D floors, reflective planes, and dynamic lights which is all I need. As long as I can have all that with the latest ZDoom features and I'll be a happy furfag. :P
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Both myself and Gez will do this jointly, if permitting. But I do have a lot of other projects on hand, so focusing on GZDoom will be hard for me. I do hope someone can step forward and actually take it over.
qwerqsar

Post by qwerqsar »

Gez wrote:Just don't expect me to do anything with the OpenGL renderer; I'm just talking about keeping the ZDoom codebase up-to-date.
No trouble. As long as it is updated :D

A BIG thank you!

Return to “General”