[Hexen] Serpent: Resurrection [New version 09/2017]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
frostnuggets

Re: [Hexen] Serpent: Resurrection [New version coming soon]

Post by frostnuggets »

Ozymandias81 wrote:
frostnuggets wrote:Hey there, sir! Thank you for updating this already-awesome mod. Good to see old games are still being played. But hey, after downloading the new version, I noticed that the newer characters weren't there (in the character creation menu), not were they listed in the serpent.txt or serpenth.txt. I downloaded from the NY and Texas servers. Maybe they still have the old version? lol
As the main OP says "...New version coming soon (contains 3 new characters), links to the current version below:...", so it means that he DIDN'T ADD THOSE 3 NEWLY CHARS... unfortunately :-)
It's a matter of time.
Oh shet. My bad. That was an unseless post of mine xD sorry for that
The Ultimate DooMer

Re: [Hexen] Serpent: Resurrection [New classes 05/2015]

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

New version up now (as of 05/2015), see the OP. Using temp links for now, until idgames is active once again.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Hexen] Serpent: Resurrection [New classes 05/2015]

Post by Ozymandias81 »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:New version up now (as of 05/2015), see the OP. Using temp links for now, until idgames is active once again.
Oh yep, must look forward in an instant to this nu version!
"Avatar, arise from your slumber! Britannia awaits you!" :-D
The Ultimate DooMer

Re: [Hexen] Serpent: Resurrection [New player classes 05/201

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Updated on idgames now.
derdian

Post by derdian »

Hello Ultimate Doomer, I have been a doom fan for about 20 years since I was 2, and I just want to say that serpent ressurection is probably the greatest WAD i've ever played (hexen is my favorite game of the doom+doom clones). I wish there were more epic mega wads for hexen like this, and I commend you for all the hard work you put into this. Over the last 2 years I have beaten the game with all 4 characters. I came back to it this month and find there are 3 new characters, I am super stoked and can't wait to play it again. I literally try and get all of my friends to play this and my gf is almost finished on the fighter class. The only thing that would make this wad 10000x better is if there was some way you could implement multiplayer. Playing with 3+ friends on different classes would be like a real life action packed dnd game (also if you made a sequel to this I would literally lose my mind). Anyways I created a zdoom forum account literally to comment on how awesome this wad is and praise you for making it. Thank you
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Yeah, this wad is extremely epic IMHO. No more to say. I decided to do an Ultima Underworld TC for Hexen on 2016 because of Serpent Resurrection.
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Fighter class is by far my best class with this mod. He's too cool for mana 8-). And once you get his segmented weapons, it is just smooth sailing from there. You just really need to be good at dodging, which I am. :D
derdian

Post by derdian »

Sweet jesus I need this for co-op in my life so bad right now. Not even sure if that is realistically possible. Or a sequel. dufhdsfoidsfodgjo take my money pls
Raxu Rangerking

Post by Raxu Rangerking »

Does this work when running Hexen on DOSBOX? If so, how?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Raxu Rangerking wrote:Does this work when running Hexen on DOSBOX? If so, how?
It does not; this requires some version of ZDoom or GZDoom running Hexen, because so many of the new features are used that DOS Hexen wouldn't know what to do with any of it.
Raxu Rangerking

Will ZDoom/GZDoom let me run Hexen on a modern PC? Because so far I've just been using DOSBOX to play the vanilla game, but I wanna try out some mods lately.
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Of course. What good would a modern source port be if you couldn't use it on a modern PC? :P
Raxu Rangerking

Wow; I should've been using this for ages! Is it very hard to use?
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Nope, simple as it gets. Unzip (G)ZDoom into a new folder and copy your IWADS in there. For mods, drag and drop onto the exe.
Raxu Rangerking

Is GZDoom or ZDoom better?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”