The "How do I..." Thread

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
DoomKrakken

Re: The "How do I..." Thread

Post by DoomKrakken »

BigProjectAlone wrote:Nobody have an idea of what i could do to fix my problem ? =/
Patience is the key to happiness...

Code: Select all

TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInventory("InventoryItem", 1, "ItemState") //[DoomKrakken]: If the caller has at least one "InventoryItem" in his inventory, then it jumps to "ItemState"
Goto NoItemState //[DoomKrakken]: If not, then it goes to this other state. 
BigProjectAlone

Post by BigProjectAlone »

I just asked, i did'nt meant to be disturbing.. =/
Thank you for the answer i will work with that and try fixing.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

No problem. :)
BigProjectAlone

Post by BigProjectAlone »

DoomKrakken wrote:No problem. :)
Problem solved btw !! thank you very much :D i don't know why i did'nt think about that.. it was so simple to fix.
SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

I'm trying again...

I have 2 questions.

1. How to make it that a point blank kill with the super shotgun always gibs the enemy?

2. More or less the same for quad damage. I want enemies to gib when killed while quad damage is active. I already realized that adding +EXTREMEDEATH to the powerup doesn't work.
wardust

Post by wardust »

Hi!
I'm doing a pack of HD textures for Heretic. I think everything it's ok but when i play in a custom map, with some custom textures (Ex: Curse of disparil) the extra textures in the wad don't recognice the HD ones in the pk3.

It's there something special to do?

here some pics. In the first you can se the water flag without changes. in the second the water texture changed.
http://i65.tinypic.com/b3suog.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/2qv4dhv.jpg
I can't fix missing effects on items models but the monsters are fine (they have no effects)
http://i67.tinypic.com/2hpkl0y.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/fqkg4.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

SoundOfDarkness wrote:I'm trying again...

I have 2 questions.

1. How to make it that a point blank kill with the super shotgun always gibs the enemy?

2. More or less the same for quad damage. I want enemies to gib when killed while quad damage is active. I already realized that adding +EXTREMEDEATH to the powerup doesn't work.
Telepaths on vacation. What enemy and what shotgun?
Monster with tier higher than pinky, baron/revenant/knight/cyberdemon/bruiser/afrit/etc, do not have extreme death sprite/state.

For projectile shotgun tou can use something like
Spoiler:
For "quacks" damage in custom monster code
Spoiler:
or in projectile state
Spoiler:
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Why every time i update gzdoom, decorate code that work perfectly at previous version start glitch and break apart?

Script error, "weapon.pk3:code/lasergun.dec" line 52:
Unsafe state call in state sci-fi_weapon.21 which accesses user variables, reached by sci-fi_weapon.Fire.
Gutawer
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gutawer »

Can you post your code?
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Spoiler:
And i define "user_" at player.

And how make actor, which prevent monsters from see/shooting at player/another monster? Try to make smoke grenade.
I try all flag related to attack-defence-physics, no one hide me.
Wiw
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Wiw »

Is there a way to make a skybox that moves relative to the player position other than stacked portals?
Gutawer
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Gutawer »

You can move the skybox in the game world relative to a point in the playing space, and a subsequent point in the skybox space, but any method to do that is unfortunately going to be non-multiplayer friendly, due to the everything-must-sync nature of the netcode.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

SoundOfDarkness wrote:I'm trying again...

I have 2 questions.

1. Use [wiki]A_JumpIfCloser[/wiki] to set the desired distance and have the bullet attack that's launched from the jumped-to state use puffs that have DamageType "Extreme" or have the EXTREMEDEATH flag.

2. Have the weapon jump to a state (when Quad Damage is active) where it fires special puffs that have DamageType "Extreme" or have the EXTREMEDEATH flag.

Your code could look like this:

Fire:
    SSGF A 0 A_JumpIfCloser(50, "ExtremeFire")
    SSGF A 0 A_JumpIfInventory("PowerQuadDamage", 1, "ExtremeFire")
    SSGF A 0 A_FireBullets(10, 5, 20, 5, "BulletPuff")
FireAnim:
    SSGF ABCDEFGHI 3
    Goto Ready
ExtremeFire:
    SSGF A 0 A_FireBullets(10, 5, 20, 5, "ExtremeBulletPuff")
    Goto FireAnim

ACTOR ExtremeBulletPuff : BulletPuff
{
    +EXTREMEDEATH
}
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

I try make arachnotron with hitbox only in the area of brain, just because I can.
Spoiler:
But I face some problem

1.A_killmaster and a_damagemaster dont work on "master" without +shootable flag, but cheat "kill monsters" still kill such monster.
Is there are anything that I can do with this, except deal with it?

2. Projectile attack at hitbox actor dont deal any damage. Even ripper projectile enter to death state without applying any damage.
Only projectile with damage more than 150 start deal 5-6 damage. But explosive and hitscan damage as expected.
Whats wrong? "Shootable" and "solid" flag works apart, I checked it out on another actors. Why then in this situation, "shootable nonsolid actor inside solid nonshootable actor", it start glitch?

I even record video, so I'm concerned about this problem
https://youtu.be/YUPps9BOlaA
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

I am not really keen to asking people this especially on Doom forums since I have a pretty bad experience but, I would like to know if there's anyway to store a variable based on where the player spawns, okay so here's the scenario, I have Randomplayerstarts defined in mapinfo for 1 map I have player starts I need to utilise ACS in order to A. At the start of the game store a variable that tells it which spawn the player has spawned B. Use that variable with an if statement to determine if it should remove certain line blocking

I actually only need that A part, everything is smooth sailing from there but I just can't seem to wrap my head around how to do it even though it should be 100% possible.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”