[wip]SMWG: Rage fixes, changes

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
phi108

Re: [wip]SMWG: Rage fixes, changes

Post by phi108 »

With Xaser's ACS fire/altfire input detection, you can pull both triggers and each pistol will fire on the same tic. I think there may be something else that can cause the left pistol to miss some button presses, though I'm not sure.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

I figured out how to fix that for Parkour, but I can't remember how well developed the dualies here are so I'll have to take a look sooner or later to remember how to do it. Hopefully it's as easy as adding a flag to A_WeaponReady somewhere.
reaperofthelake

Post by reaperofthelake »

hey is there any possibility to run it in gzdoom?

i've tried but shows errors in decorate :(
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

reaperofthelake wrote:hey is there any possibility to run it in gzdoom?

GZDoom's Decorate core is identical to ZDoom's. Your copy of GZDoom is probably out of date. Look here: http://svn.drdteam.org/gzdoom
reaperofthelake

Post by reaperofthelake »

NeuralStunner wrote:
reaperofthelake wrote:hey is there any possibility to run it in gzdoom?

GZDoom's Decorate core is identical to ZDoom's. Your copy of GZDoom is probably out of date. Look here: http://svn.drdteam.org/gzdoom

but this is SVN versions and my pc sometimes get frozen using this :(
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

That sounds like a hardware issue then... :(

You can post your computer specs on the GZDoom forum and see if someone (more knowledgable than I about video harware) can help. Just make sure you post what operating system you use, the speed of your CPU, how much memory you've got, the brand and model of your video card, and the driver version for it.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Seeing as how the DooMworld version of this thread was revived, might as well revive this one too.

I'm getting an error in the .pk3's /SBARINFO/ folder; I renamed the text to "sbarinfo.txt" but it yields no effect, completely stumped.

If anyone knows a fix for this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

What does the error actually say? It's hard to narrow down the problem without knowing what sort it is.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Xaser wrote:What does the error actually say? It's hard to narrow down the problem without knowing what sort it is.

Oops, should have worded it differently. What I meant to say was doesn't work. Change it, go to fullscreen Hud and even alternate but no change.
phi108

Post by phi108 »

I forgot that the /sbarinfo/ folder doesn't do anything I guess, so if you put the sbarinfo.txt in the root of the Zip file it should work correctly.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

phi108 wrote:I forgot that the /sbarinfo/ folder doesn't do anything I guess, so if you put the sbarinfo.txt in the root of the Zip file it should work correctly.

*sigh* That didn't work either...it doesn't show ANY fullscreen HUD now when I do that. Just exactly what do I have to do here to make the fullscreen HUD file work?
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

I know this has been around for a while but I only now just got around to trying it with the thread bump, and it's very enjoyable. Looks great, too.

One nitpick though. . . Why would the pistol fire three rounds per shot? Why not just raise the base power value? It's kind of a pet peeve of mine to have something so odd (numbered), and you can run out of ammo easily very early without finding something like a shotgun or more bullets.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Just a question, did the inspiration for the single-barreled shotgun come from the Gmod version of it? Same animations and everything (when your comparing the general flow of movement).

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”