ScoreDoom 2.9Beta Release

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BilboHicks

Re: ScoreDoom 2.3.1 Now with Hardcore Mode

Post by BilboHicks »

DavidB1000 wrote:A bit late, but I'll give the newer beta a go for you.

Anything else you'd want to add to this?
Also, I hate those plant monsters. :)
Hey. I'm actually planning the final release probably this evening. I do a lot of my own testing and I'm happy with it. The alt-fire for the chaingun doubles the fire-rate (but also doubles the ammo taken & spread) and the alt-fire railgun attack for the plasma I have balanced quite well IMO. I think this will add some more depth to the scoring options.
There are a ton of new enemies (tweaked), and a bunch of other add-on-pack tweaks as well. Unfortunately I guess for some, the hellrose & hell spawner are still there. I think they are pretty cool myself, though they can act a bit wierd if spawned in tight spaces I know. The hell spawner has been tweaked to spawn 2 types of enemies now.

The hi score server code has been updated to allow players to create a simple profile (profile image + short bio/info about themselves) which other players can view off the hi score server. Of course offline hi scoring still works too.
Will post back here when it is uploaded.
Gez

Post by Gez »

FYI, the Hellrose's author is planning to update it to take advantage of the new feature of A_MakePod so that it would get a built-in limit to the number of tentacles it spawns.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

As apposed to the 9000! madness that it gives my computer now? :) That will be nice.

So far i'm liking the newer version. Still stuck with the shotgun because I've been unlucky. But, meh.

Seems like Hellknights aren't being replaced as often as they should. Same with Revenants...
Most of the others are being replaced though.

Hmm,I just fought a Baron of Hell replacement. The one that roars loudly, is on fire, to a certain extent, and has 3000 health. :)

That's a bit much for a Baron of Hell replacement, you think? A Spider Mastermind has 3000 health! It took nearly 20 rockets to kill it. Oye. Doing between 20 and 160 damage a time.

I was having fun though blowing up a lot of monsters with a Quad Damage BFG. :) One hit killing anything is a bit much, don't you think? :)
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

@Gez:Thanks for the heads up.
I've already built the hi score server hashcodes out with the new addonpack for all the wads supporting it (a tedious process!). Additionally new decorate features like A_MakePod would require a merge with the latest gzdoom. I can see some of the addonpack monsters being resource intensive for older machines, esp. continuously spawning enemies, but that was always an issue I think. In practice, I find I can usually can wipe out a hellrose fairly quickly before too many brambles spawn, and they also spawn only when you are relatively close by.

@DavidB:
The hellknights and revenants will have the same chance as being replaced as other 'non-boss' monsters, which on average is every other one. Barons do get replaced a lot more often though, and Cybs and Masterminds, pretty much are always replaced, though not always.
Healthwise, 'boss' (Barons, Cybs, Masterminds) type monsters have been jacked up approx 150% (when using the addonpack), since due to the extra ammo and powerups when using the addonpack, this makes bosses a little less wimpy. There are a couple of baron-type enemies with 3000 health iirc, but most baron type enemies will have 1500->2000 health typically. Cyb and Mastermind type enemies will have 6000 health now (supreme fiend has 4000, since he likes using his bfg ;-).

There have been enhancements since the pre-release I uploaded. The plasma alt-fire rail attack is much better... in the pre-release it was way too slow, also like I mentioned before, there is even more content and tweaks for when using the add-on-pack.
I wanted to release last night, but ended up adding some more wads to the hi score server (Herian2 and a few others) which took some time. So this evening instead.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

Ah, well, that explains why Barons of Hell have about 2000 health. :)

That's 200%, not 150%!

Oh, well, fair enough. I'll just break out the BFG.
So far I'm having fun.

Release it as soon as you can. It's a fun version of Doom. :)
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

DavidB1000 wrote:Ah, well, that explains why Barons of Hell have about 2000 health. :)

That's 200%, not 150%!

Oh, well, fair enough. I'll just break out the BFG.
So far I'm having fun.

Release it as soon as you can. It's a fun version of Doom. :)
lol, doh! You are right, (hadn't had my coffee yet). Yeah Barons are typically 200%, Mastermind & Cybs are 150%.
Thanks, Glad you are having fun :D That was my main purpose for the mod, to keep the Doom gameplay intact, but to try to make it a little more fun to come back to. Also try setting some online hi scores on the server too, though with people like TheGreenHerring, there is some stiff competition I know. After the final release I'm planning to play a lot more and hope to get some co-op games going in the future. A lot of wads out there I have yet to play.
NovaDragon

Post by NovaDragon »

Ahh sweet a new version popped out that i missed!
I can't wait to test this one out although I will have to do that after work sometime this evening.
If I can ever get my laptop permenantly hooked up to the internet (just got one much better) then i will start trying to pop off some high scores! By the way have any of you checked the newdoom forums? There was a wad released called half country of evil. Im not sure if itll work, but try that wad with the new monsters and tell me how far you get lol. It is coop so there isnt enough ammo to actually do this unless you play online but try it out with this for an insane experience lol. As I said ill let you know how it goes prolly sometime in the next few days when i play the new version out =)
BilboHicks

Re: ScoreDoom 2.4 Final Release

Post by BilboHicks »

Release SD 2.4
Alt-Fire attacks added to the chaingun & plasmarifle. Default bindings support this.
Added support for a bunch of new add-on-pack monsters. Add-on-Pack much improved with other tweaks also.
Hi Score server now supports player profiles. (Hi score server files to be released soon for running private servers.)
This will be the final release. grab from http://www.scoredoom.com
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

This is pretty cool, what I don't get though, is I started playing Doom II, and apparently there was no hi-score for that level according to my HUD, so I completed map01, getting about 3000 points, then I check the leader board on the site and it says there is a high score already set by someone else, huh?
And yes, I was using hardcore online mode with the addon pack.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Make sure it was running in online mode.
Its a shame this may never get updated to the latest gzdoom. That would be so useful.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

Although my copy does default to offline mode, I think the reason it doesn't show a high score is because even in online mode it doesn't take any information from the website/scores list. I could be wrong though, but that would mean that the game doesn't run if you're not connected to the internet. :)

Even Skulltag doesn't do that.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

There were some problems yesterday, where 'hardcore' score mode was using the 'regular' score mode table. This should be fixed now.
I see someone called 'Player' set a score of 3452 in Regular mode yesterday.

Whenever you start a level with a wad/patch configuration recognized by the server, SD will pull the current hi scores to beat from the server, if they exist and the player-names who set them, for the level and wad being played. When you complete a level, it will send your scores to the server to see if you beat the current hi scores.

Try again, it should be working now. It looks like you were playing right when I was tinkering with the server :P
Xim

Post by Xim »

Yay some of my zombies made it into the game. Even the reaper zombie :P. I was a little bumped out that it didn't even make it on the realm, sure I didn't make the graphics myself but it was probably the most advanced coding I've personally done. There are also less original monsters on that site too. But oh well, to each their own. I'm a little annoyed that you didn't update the graphics for the plasma and railgun zombies though.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Heh awesome, It worked, I've set a score for Plutonia (I got to level 2, then two giant grey stone goats and a grey serpent totally obliterated me!) :(
I also set a score for New World II but it didn't seem to work
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

CaptainToenail wrote:Heh awesome, It worked, I've set a score for Plutonia (I got to level 2, then two giant grey stone goats and a grey serpent totally obliterated me!) :(
I also set a score for New World II but it didn't seem to work
You mean Real World II? Ok, I see you have been booted to the 'public' hi score table (the link to it is at the bottom of the main hi score table), since the server didnt recognize your wad configuration. You loaded the addonpack after the RW2 pwad. The 'Extra PWADS & Patches' column shows you which order to apply the pwads and patches. The order is important (mainly to help stop cheaters and keep things consistent and fair).
Either place the addonpack in the skins directory or load it like '-file SD-ADDONPACK.WAD rw2.wad' instead.
BTW: Since the hi score server also checks the md5 checksum of the wads loaded, if you have a different version of rw2.wad with a different checksum, it will fail too.

@Xim: Thanks for releasing the creatures, I thought they were cool. I didnt realize that there were updates for the plasma & rail zombies.

Return to “Game Engines”