ZDoom Wiki Thread

We sure do have a lot of rules and guidelines threads - find them all here, and please make sure you've read them! Also, community-wide announcements (that aren't major ZDoom News) go here as well.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Post by Redneckerz »

Blue Shadow wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:27 pm I decided to put the flags in a table. It should be better, I think.
Even better, Blue! Looks great, thank you :)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

That looks great.

A couple of questions about the table behaviour:
When I first go to the table, the columns have a double arrow beside the column heading. Looking at the entries, I assume this means that the table entries are being displayed in the order that the author typed them. Is that correct?

If it is, after clicking the heading, the headings toggle between ascending and descending sorting (potentially very useful) but, other than refreshing the page, I don't see a way to return to unsorted. Is that intended?
ZzZombo

Post by ZzZombo »

If it uses the same implementation seen on Wikimedia wikis, than yes. Although using Flex model CSS allows to rewrite the sorting function in a way that retains the original row order.
Cacodemon345
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Cacodemon345 »

Hey, can I have editing access to the ZDoom Wiki? Thanks.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

Cacodemon345 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:13 am Hey, can I have editing access to the ZDoom Wiki? Thanks.
You gotta have to ask Gez.
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Cacodemon345 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:13 am Hey, can I have editing access to the ZDoom Wiki? Thanks.
Do you have a wiki account already? There's no user named "Cacodemon345" on there.
Cacodemon345
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Cacodemon345 »

randi wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:01 pm
Do you have a wiki account already? There's no user named "Cacodemon345" on there.
No, I don't.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

randi wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:01 pm Do you have a wiki account already? There's no user named "Cacodemon345" on there.
The name '*' was banned for registration on the wiki in order to force account registration to happen through an admin. I thought you knew about this, because it happened while you were still maintaining ZDoom.
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Rachael wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:12 amThe name '*' was banned for registration on the wiki in order to force account registration to happen through an admin. I thought you knew about this, because it happened while you were still maintaining ZDoom.
I know we were using patterns to match bot registrations, but I don't recall us having locked it down entirely.
yum13241
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by yum13241 »

Wouldn't the name * be a disaster without proper anti-injection measures?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

yum13241 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:46 pm Wouldn't the name * be a disaster without proper anti-injection measures?
In this case, the * will block all attempts to register a name, as it is a wildcard. Trying to exploit a system using the server block list is patently pointless because you already have access to it if you're able to change the block list.

Return to “Rules and Forum Announcements”