ÆoD (6.06.02 (03-14-16))

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Spaceman333

Re: ÆoD (6.06.02 (03-14-16))

Post by Spaceman333 »

AEoD has its own gore? Well that certainly explains why it'd be silly to ask for a compability patch for Ketchup. I apologize for the dumb request. :oops:

I haven't yet played the mod and the videos I saw of it seemed to either be an outdated version, didn't feature footage of that gore in action or I'm just blind lol.
I'm still knee-deep in playing DUMP 3 before I can try other mods, but AEoD is certainly one I'm most excited to play next. :)
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Just don't ask for people to add compatibility for a gore mod. That's something that the end user (you, an example) should do. MajorCooke and gang have two mods that they're working on. AEoD being one of them.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

D4D being the other (and current focus).
doomguy214

ERROR WITH LATEST Z DOOM BUILD

Post by doomguy214 »

i get following error running aeons 6.06.02 with latest z doom build:-
Script error, "AEoDDat.pk3:decorate/wepclass8.txt" line 8236:
Numeric type expected
Script warning, "AEoDDat.pk3:decorate/wepclass9.txt" line 10555:
Unknown class name 'BlackBear'
Script warning, "AEoDDat.pk3:decorate/monhl2.txt" line 4770:
Numeric type expected, got "Waiting"

Execution could not continue.

1 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts
doomguy214

Post by doomguy214 »

Re: worked downloaded the latest copy of aeod thanks
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Strange thing happening.

When I start a new game, I spawn in with no weapons at all. Nothing.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Works fine and gave me all the basic weapons in GZDOOM g2.2.0. Have you downloaded the newest version of aeod or gzdoom?
chaoseclipse01

Post by chaoseclipse01 »

I've played with AEOD before...but I'm curious about something.

I'd like to have all the features as far as monster spawning and the massive monster pool this mod has...but I want the gameplay, weapons, and items/inventory of Russian Overkill. If I were to take all monster information/files only and dump them into RO's PK3 from AEOD's PK3, would that allow me to have the all the monsters from AEOD while using RO? Or am I going to have to rip code from the AEOD wad and somehow figure a way to inject it in RO's wad while somehow not screwing up and include conflicting code between the two wads?

I've checked folders and files between the two PK3s, so far I haven't discovered any conflicting file names that would cause overwrites at least. I'm getting a little tired of one-shotting Cyber Demons and Spider Masterminds like they're nothing, I'd love to fight the OP bosses from this mod with RO's weapons and items.

Or is there a version of AEOD I'm missing that's literally monsters only so as to not mess with weapon mods?
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Your best bet would be to load both mods together and see what does and doesn't work. Load RO after this. If you can select the RO classes you should be golden.
chaoseclipse01

Post by chaoseclipse01 »

Well, I did just that. Rather...interesting.

So, the HUD for AEoD overwrites RO's HUD, but otherwise the game is literally RO, no AEoD Weapons, Monsters, Options, or Power-Ups/Items. And for whatever reason, it also somehow affects Borsch's and Ramjet's Black Hole graphics a tiny bit (Not as transparent as they should be), otherwise everything from RO is intact.

Something that kinda came to mind after I made my earlier post...even if the monsters would somehow work, I think I'd have to edit all of their drop tables to drop RO weapons and items in order for it to really work, otherwise they're going to want to drop AEoD weapons and items and well...I can think of a plethora of issues and conflicts if the stuff they're supposed to drop doesn't exist.

Well. Crap. I'm either going to strangle myself with trying to figure out how to mod with no modding experience, or I think I'm going to slowly back away from this idea lol.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I don't understand why the monsters wouldn't be there. I don't have this mod on my computer but I can only assume it replaces the monsters with randomspawners which would work fine with RO considering it doesn't touch monsters. /shrug

Ahh, yea, the menu thing would be a problem, 2 mods can't modify the menu options at the same time and seeing as how this mod relies heavily on being able to tune the monsters to your taste that would be bad to disable. I know that the settings are saved in your .ini so try loading just Aod, setting the options how you want, exit the game, then load RO with it. The custom spawn settings should be what you previously set it to. Again, not having the code to look at this is speculation.

Also, you're right about the drop items and unique weapons being out of place. Just seems like a lot of work.
chaoseclipse01

Post by chaoseclipse01 »

Well, the main problem is that AEoD isn't just monsters only, it's also a weapons / items mod. RO is specifically a weapons and item mod (With about 6 different health items, 6 different armor items, and power-ups that can give either health or armor or both). Conflicting mods generally don't work out so well, I'm actually surprised GZDoom didn't give me a gfy error for trying to load the both of them.

Another issue is the HUDs conflict as well, and AEoD's HUD wins between the two...but the problem is AEoD's maximum health and armor values are only 999. RO's cap (depending on the difficulty) can be 100, 300, 600, 900, 1000...or 999,999. Major problem there considering some of RO's weapons can deal well beyond 750k damage as a single hit if you activate a weapon or item (Like portable emergency nuke or Hindenburg items, or Yamato/Gurumaster/Borsch/Planet Cracker/Vindicator/Death's Head secondaries) right next to yourself, not knowing what your health is in RO is pretty much playing it blind depending on the weapon you have.

And yeah, this is probably something beyond my capability just short of the mod creator telling me what code can be copied and pasted, what can't, and where the information is to edit monster drop tables, or the mod creator being nice enough to set up his code gutted enough to be injected into RO, then tell me where to look for the drop tables to edit them myself...for like 300 monsters, not to mention I'd have to add another menu into RO to make AEoD's options accessible while playing RO, which I imagine would be another nightmare in itself.

I guess this is a pipe dream that isn't going to be happening anytime soon lol, oh well.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Well, not sure if it matters, but removing the HUD from AoD is really simple, just delete the SBARINFO file. To be honest, I thought loading RO after would just overwrite it anyway. I guess I could be a lot more helpful if I would just download this mod and see for myself but nah. :)

As far as AoD replacing all the items, again, that shouldn't matter since RO is overwriting it with it's own items. Only one thing can replace an item, so load order matters. i'm sure there are scripts out the ass in this, so this is where my logic could be way off.

As far as editing the monster drops - that's easy, but very time consuming. DropItem will be a line in the properties of the monster, but if you're unlucky it'll be A_DropItem in the death state (or something similar).

Oh, in case you don't have it yet, get Slade. Makes editing mods much easier. Good luck to ya.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Also, search for Ramjet/Borsch's black hole's sprite names and look if AEOD has the same ones too. If AEOD has one, just rename or delete them.
chaoseclipse01

Post by chaoseclipse01 »

I already intend on getting rid of everything weapons / items / power-up related out of AEoD, then merge whatever is left into RO with the exception of key files in which I'll have to cut and paste code into place without somehow managing to screw anything up.

However, I finally found the options menu stuff for AEoD, and surprisingly it's going to be a lot easier than I imagined. The only nightmare part is going to be changing the item drops for over 300 monsters lol. Speaking of which, since RO is a weapon/item/power-up mod, the only thing I need to worry about at least is changing everything to standard doom stuff and RO will take care of the rest for me in that department. Don't even need to worry about adding inventory items or power-ups to monsters since RO doesn't force monsters to drop those, just weapons and ammo. Least I'm going to be doing more deleting than changing lol

Also, the Chicken Mode, that's sorta new to me from the last time I've played AEoD, or it was something I never ran into when I last played it. Is that a weapon/item/power-up specific mode? Or is there an enemy that potentially forces you into chicken mode like some sort of polymorph?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”