Monster Wad Project in progress

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Okay... and that was supposed to be easier than hovering your mouse over somewhere, pressing [insert] and then drawing that into the sahpe of a box? Telling bouncy to use an old editor that uses old methods that nobody new to mapping is going to understand is absolute bollox! I don't know why Bouncy is finding it so hard to make a simple sector, but using WinDEU is not gonna make his life easier.

Fair enough, DEU was great... that's the editor that I learnt on and I learnt a lot, but DoomBuilder is far easier. It appears that bouncy doesn't even know how to set the thing up which illustrates that he doesn't have too much knowledge og how to work his computer. Okay, he's obveously stressed over this so I'm gonna make him some maps :-).

Go here http://www.areyep.com/ to look at some cool wolfenstein stuff... I love that WolfenDoom :-). I'm ghoing to a bit of effort to extract the original textures from SOD, so Bouncy better apreciate my effort ;-). I'll make these maps dead simple... with some detail and decent game play :-). I'll also use Dooms default weapons. I was thinking of editing them so they reflected the mac weapons (knife, pistol, heckler and coche... basically the shotgun :-D, chaingun, flame thrower and Rocket launcher) but I'm gonna keep dooms default weapons in... they should suffice. But know this... I am going to make my own SOD Doom... I've decided :-).

:twisted:
Wasted Youth

Post by Wasted Youth »

*Me ripps Curunir tape off mouth*

For me, WinDEU32 is simple and fast. I can make all sorts of good maps with it. I do have DoomBuilder but its new to me and the controlls and functions are confusing to me right now at this point. I can make sectors with it but I can do it so much faster and easier with WinDEU32. When I get to making maps with scripts and slopes I will still use WinDEU32 to make the map and then use Wad Author to make scripts. I just dont know Doom Builder and Its Functions... I would like to learn but for now Im sticking with WinDEU32...
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

Lexus Alyus wrote:Okay... and that was supposed to be easier than hovering your mouse over somewhere, pressing [insert] and then drawing that into the sahpe of a box? Telling bouncy to use an old editor that uses old methods that nobody new to mapping is going to understand is absolute bollox! I don't know why Bouncy is finding it so hard to make a simple sector, but using WinDEU is not gonna make his life easier.

Fair enough, DEU was great... that's the editor that I learnt on and I learnt a lot, but DoomBuilder is far easier. It appears that bouncy doesn't even know how to set the thing up which illustrates that he doesn't have too much knowledge og how to work his computer. Okay, he's obveously stressed over this so I'm gonna make him some maps :-).

Go here http://www.areyep.com/ to look at some cool wolfenstein stuff... I love that WolfenDoom :-). I'm ghoing to a bit of effort to extract the original textures from SOD, so Bouncy better apreciate my effort ;-). I'll make these maps dead simple... with some detail and decent game play :-). I'll also use Dooms default weapons. I was thinking of editing them so they reflected the mac weapons (knife, pistol, heckler and coche... basically the shotgun :-D, chaingun, flame thrower and Rocket launcher) but I'm gonna keep dooms default weapons in... they should suffice. But know this... I am going to make my own SOD Doom... I've decided :-).

i've known about that website for a while. Lots of good mods [especially Spear Ressurection] there. I'll also thank you for making the example map. I also will appreciate your effort. Well, Nazi Invasion is more of a general resource mod, so you can have it help with your SOD doom.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

When I checked wolfen Doom (for inspiration :-) ) I discovered that SOD Doom was already done... I'm gonna play this one :-). I really liked the style of really cramped small wolf levels in Doom. I ripped all of my testures from SOD... most of them are there. I've actually started the first few rooms and I have some sexy screenies to show for it :-). I'm gonna make more than one map... maybe an episode. I might not (actually, I most probably wont) use all of the monsters as a lot are just duplicates of others. I'm also gonna add some basic scripting to give it a small story and some hudmsgs every now and then (and of course some dialogue and cameras ;-) )).

So, this is looking interesting. It should prove to be an interesting experience too... limiting myself to tiny cramped spaces :-). Note that I'm not strictly following wolfs limitations... I'm making it look nice at the same time and while the detail is not gonna be high I will implement some moderate detail :-).

Okay, here are some screenies... This will be the first level... it's the dank basement/sewer.

Last edited by Lexus Alyus on Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Cool! Another project to gat Lexus sidetracked from ROTGS2. :?
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

Bouncy;

upload the full monster wad. NOW. OR DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH!!!!!! I WILL SUMMON UBER 1337 FLYING THING LOL!!!!
Curunir
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Curunir »

Yes, that's an idea. I don't even know on which page of this thread the monster wad is. And is it here at all?
Location: Denver, CO How do they get teflon to stick to the pan?

Post by Sticky »

I don't think so... it might be though. Check page 3 ??
BouncyTEM

Post by BouncyTEM »

if you SUMMON UBER 1337 FLYING THING LOL!!!!, i'd counterattack with my Di uber bouncy, Eradication knight, and The Chaingunner. fixing one of the tanks right now. EDIT: okay, tank fixed. it took 7 times to get his projectile right, but i did. EDIT [again]: Just some touches on the third tank, and i'll be done with it completely.
Last edited by BouncyTEM on Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
BouncyTEM

Post by BouncyTEM »

also, for you people who can't find the link...
http://www.armbcr.org/smiley/Naziinvasion.zip
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Whats with Giest? Is he getting stressed or even jelouse that I'm making maps? Poor giest... I don't really care anyway... takes a lot of the strain off me... like i said, there will definately need to be more levels. I know, i'll make my set and then giest can make his and we'll combine them to make a larger map set... that's cool... maybe we can make this into a group thing and maybe a bigger project... plus, it would be really cool to see ewveryones interpretation of a wolf level in Doom :-).

Just cureouse... what's the differance between this naziinvasion and the last one... I was just yusing the last one he posted without fixing... but this is proving to be really entertaining stuff... making wolf style maps that is :-).

Nah! This shouldn't side track me too much... :-D. It shouldn't take too long to develop a few (I'm thinking of 5 or 6... maybe more...) wolf style levels... plus, if giest is interested I made my own texture wad (using original bonefido wolf textures ;-) ) and a text file with all of bouncies monsters and their edit numbers in a relative order :-). Just ask and I shall suply thee :-).

Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

Bouncy wrote:if you SUMMON UBER 1337 FLYING THING LOL!!!!, i'd counterattack with my Di uber bouncy, Eradication knight, and The Chaingunner.
THAT WON'T WORK AGAINST DI UBER 1337 FLYING THING!!!!!
BouncyTEM

Post by BouncyTEM »

okay, now that's just plain impossible to beat. :roll:
Guess i'll counterattack with the BADDEST BOUNCY OF THEM ALL!
Coming soon to a forum near you.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

[EDIT]Why did I even bother...
Last edited by Kate on Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

That's not impossible...

THE Flying Thing

HP: 900000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Pain Chance: 0 in 256
Traits:
-FUCKING FAST
-HUGE
-Cannot be hurt by projectiles
-Uses no sounds
Attack: Thousands and THOUSANDS of BFG balls
Notes: NOT POSSIBLE TO KILL AT ALL. DON'T EVEN TRY. NOT EVEN WITH MDK.
Last edited by Giest118 on Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General”