[Forum]Can't read "unread" messages

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Kirby

[Forum]Can't read "unread" messages

Post by Kirby »

As it turns out, I have three new messages in my forum inbox that I was trying to open. However, when I tried to click on either of the three, the following message popped up:

"NO_AUTH_READ_HOLD_MESSAGE"

I've tried multiple times to open them but I still get that error. Any ideas?
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [Forum]Can't read "unread" messages

Post by Caligari87 »

Well, mine more or less says that I'd like to beta test for ZHalloween. :D e-mail and PM buttons are below!

Other than that, I can't tell what the problem is.

8-)
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Well, on a seperate note, I got a new PM today from a different person and I was able to read that one just fine. If I am thinking right, I think this may be due to my inbox having been full when the original 3 PM's came in. I deleted some messages in the inbox, however it still won't let me move them for some reason. They may have been placed in the "Unread Messages" area, but couldn't actually be read because they were not physically in the inbox (if that makes sense)

Now I just need to get them into the inbox so I can read them :P
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Is this still an issue or can this be closed?
bagheadspidey

Post by bagheadspidey »

I think it might be working; I got a message about not being able to read my new messages because my inbox was full the other day but it was a plain-english message, no "NO_AUTH_READ_HOLD_MESSAGE." After deleting a few messages I was able to receive the new ones.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Noted
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Sorry for not replying, haven't been around as often. I no longer get the strange message, but now when I try to open them it reads "You are not authorised to view messages on hold". No matter how many messages I delete out of my inbox, I can't read them or move them to a different folder to see if I can open them there. Perhaps the new message means something is different?
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

The "unread" private messages folder is just a collection of all the unread messages from your other PM folders. If you haven't set up any filters, then it's identical to your inbox minus the messages you've already read.

I thought it was a rather pointless part of the view unread messages mod, personally.

Or have I got what you're trying to say totally wrong?

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”